IGNORED

Harry Redknapp?

spudski

Just watched an interview with Harry.

He said he would be interested in working with a young manager at a Club that had a chance of making it to the Prem.

For some reason, Lee Johnson and Harry, at City, flashed through my mind.

Wants to look for young hungry players apparently....plus pass his knowledge on.

Really don't know what i'm saying tbh...as we're not in that position yet, and we have a manager doing well now.

But you always have to keep and eye on the future and have options.

Interesting idea?

He said he would be interested in working with a young manager at a Club that had a chance of making it to the Prem.

Wants to look for young hungry players apparently....plus pass his knowledge on.

Really don't know what i'm saying tbh...as we're not in that position yet, and we have a manager doing well now.

Interesting idea?

We've got a more than adequate manager at the moment.

But 2 things firstly look at the financial carnage that Redknapp leaves in his wake at virtually every club he has ever been associated with, SL would never put with his Arthur Daley approach and can you imagine the atmosphere at AG when things go wrong fro Little Lee?.

IMO it's ridiculous.

Talk to any Pompey supporter about 'Arry. Personally wouldn't want him or his dog anywhere near City. Am sure Steve's got much more sense..

For balance, ask any Forest supporter about cotterill and you'd get a damning response.

With managers lots depends on the circumstances of when they take jobs.

Interesting thoughts...many thought SC would be awful, but he's flying.

Tbh...Keith Burt seems to be the fella finding the players here.

Not sure you could accommodate all three.

Time, circumstance and the right fit at the right time.

We all die, pay tax's and football managers get sacked...so it's no point denying SC will go one day.

You have to think about the future.

We all die, pay tax's and football managers get sacked...so it's no point denying SC will go one day.

That's right think about the future with someone from the past !

The guy's a dinosaur Spud !

You talk about future and Harry in the same breath?, he's 68 FFS.

Good to see your original premise has changed from SC not allowing Burt to do his job, to he is the fella finding the players and course you originally didn't rate Burt.

He said he wanted to work in an advisory role with a young manager.

Give his experience to a young manager.

He knows how to get teams playing in the Championship and Prem.

He also worked with Bournemouth in an advisory role recently...look how well they are doing now.

I personally think he could be good, for a young manager with ideas but little experience in the Championship and Prem.

Joe Jordan will tell you how much knowledge the guy has got.

Ask any fans at any club that SC was manager of about whether financially they were left hovering over a black hole?, then ask your question.

Exactly - hence my point about circumstance. Here he's got the opportunity to show his management skills without having to worry about admin, chairmen etc.

You talk about future and Harry in the same breath?, he's 68 FFS.

Good to see your original premise has changed from SC not allowing Burt to do his job, to he is the fella finding the players and course you originally didn't rate Burt.

At the time I stand by my word...things have changed and continue to develop for the better...that doesn't mean it never happened.

At the time I stand by my word...things have changed and continue to develop for the better...that doesn't mean it never happened.

and it doesn't mean it did happen either but IF it did happen, perhaps it was because of the mess/relegation battle that he inherited upon his arrival and felt, " well if i'm going to fail then I don't want anybody else, ******* it up for me ", in hindsight a clever strategy.

Did you see Joe Bryan interview? He was saying Cotterill has coached him into being a wing back. He was unsure how to play the role.

Also, when Cotterill left Sunderland he became a student of the game, he took himself to Spain and France to understand different coaching techniques. He's moved Freeman from a winger and coached him into a gifted David Silva type of player. Adan Flint has flourished under Cotterills coaching skills, he's a different player now. Phil Brown was saying on the wireless the other day that Cotterill is regarded as a top coach on the circuit.

Interesting idea?

No to Harry Redknapp, obviously, and why do you persist in this weird infatuation with the unproven Lee Johnson?

Did you not watch the recent Barnsley match?

The repeated feigning of injuries by his players was a disgrace and not some thing I ever want to see associated with BCFC.

and it doesn't mean it did happen either but IF it did happen, perhaps it was because of the mess/relegation battle that he inherited upon his arrival and felt, " well if i'm going to fail then I don't want anybody else, ******* it up for me ", in hindsight a clever strategy.

But it wasn't .... ;)

Did you see Joe Bryan interview? He was saying Cotterill has coached him into being a wing back. He was unsure how to play the role.

Also, when Cotterill left Sunderland he became a student of the game, he took himself to Spain and France to understand different coaching techniques. He's moved Freeman from a winger and coached him into a gifted David Silva type of player.

Phil Brown was saying on the wireless the other day that Cotterill is regarded as a top coach on the circuit.

No one said SC isn't a good coach.

But as we all know...managers come and go.

Finding the right fit at the right time is essential.

If we get promotion under SC, then find we can't kick on further with him, then you have to make change.

This is just an idea that came about through what he said in an interview...no point being blinkered and not thinking about options for the future.

Also, when Cotterill left Sunderland he became a student of the game, he took himself to Spain and France to understand different coaching techniques. He's moved Freeman from a winger and coached him into a gifted David Silva type of player.

Phil Brown was saying on the wireless the other day that Cotterill is regarded as a top coach on the circuit.

and also other pundits have explained that our system of a back 3 has been so successful is because Ayling and Williams actually started out as full backs, which makes them more pacy and comfortable on the ball, than your usual back 3 made up of 3 giant centre backs.

No to Harry Redknapp, obviously, and why do you persist in this weird infatuation with the unproven Lee Johnson?

Did you not watch the recent Barnsley match?

The repeated feigning of injuries by his players was a disgrace and not some thing I ever want to see associated with BCFC.

A silly argument, because the majority of fans didn't want SC here because of his style of play and arrogant attitude.

Fans are fickle when it suits.

But it wasn't .... ;)

it worked so it was a good strategy.

No one said SC isn't a good coach.

But as we all know...managers come and go.

Finding the right fit at the right time is essential.

If we get promotion under SC, then find we can't kick on further with him, then you have to make change.

This is just an idea that came about through what he said in an interview...no point being blinkered and not thinking about options for the future.

Redknapp and the future, that is a joke again he's 68 years old, how can that be the future?.

A silly argument, because the majority of fans didn't want SC here because of his style of play and arrogant attitude.

Fans are fickle when it suits.

Well I wasn't one of them, I don't base my opinion on internet crap spouted from a mouthy few with an axe to grind.

Hopefully SC will be here for at least the next 5 years.

Archived