IGNORED

Wilbraham

GrahamC

he put in a serious shift today!

That's actually impressed me even more than his goals this season, (and that's impressive enough). For a 35 year old "centre forward" his pitch coverage is absolutely amazing. Just watching his work rate should inspire any player of "average" league ability (and trust me, that's a hell of a lot better than brilliant non league level). To work harder.

Just like Jon Stead, his contribution has always been greater than goals alone, and it's mostly us "fans" that fail to recognise that aspect of the game.

Goal scorers and goal creators grab headlines...Players like Wilbs & Stead get their teammates thanks..

Has spent the whole season living away from his wife and kid who live in Manchester as he didn't want his daughter to move school again. Fair play to him as it cant have been very easy living apart week on week and credit to him for the form he has been in this season. As much as I'd like to see him given at least a further year, in view of his situation I very much doubt he will be with us next season. Really hope for him we win the title as he has been a wonderful signing and deserves another winners medal.  

On a separate thread he was given 6/10 for his performance, today because apart from "scoring the the goal and working hard he didn't do a lot else". What else was he supposed to do, lead the line reciting Beowulf whilst playing Rachmoniivo's third on the accordion.

On a separate thread he was given 6/10 for his performance, today because apart from "scoring the the goal and working hard he didn't do a lot else". What else was he supposed to do, lead the line reciting Beowulf whilst playing Rachmoniivo's third on the accordion.

Thought he was very good today. Was a real handful for them the whole match and ran himself into the ground. Not bad for a 35 year old !

You missed out the unicycle.

I thought it was the performance of a really experienced good pro centre forward

It was one of those days when the service to him wasn't great and at times he put in a lot of challenges and work with seemingly little reward or much of the ball

Not his most 'spectacular' game but he put away the one chance that came his way , stood up to their centre halves and generally gave them a hard time , he's got all the good experienced pro tricks and knowledge - his 'performance' today was one you had to look at carefully to really appreciate it, if you see what I mean !

What a great great pro - total credit to himself and the game

SUMMER 2014

I think the signing of this Aaron Wilbraham bloke sums up and typifies the desperate state in which City now find themselves.

Not content with sacking SO'D, one of the most respected coaches in the lower leagues and a proven, top class manager (his only fault being that he did not win many matches, although, as he confirmed, he never looked at the tables as it was only the performance that was important), they then go and sign 'HoofBall' Steve Cotterill, (ex-Wimbledon and Sligo Rovers!) the one who learnt all he knows from his former coach at Nottingham Forest, the same SO'D!

In their wisdom, City decided not to interview any of the numerous managers clamouring for this cherished post, but simply chose 'Steve' as he was considered the best man for the job (and was also known and trusted by a member of the Board!) Hah!

Having just survived relegation, we now need to consolidate our position in Division 1 and so have signed this 'free-scoring striker' from Crystal Palace (for whom he did not score for 18 months!) on the basis that 'he seemed a nice bloke when Steve met him in the hotel bar on holiday'.

It can only go downhill from here! 

SUMMER 2014

I think the signing of this Aaron Wilbraham bloke sums up and typifies the desperate state in which City now find themselves.

Not content with sacking SO'D, one of the most respected coaches in the lower leagues and a proven, top class manager (his only fault being that he did not win many matches, although, as he confirmed, he never looked at the tables as it was only the performance that was important), they then go and sign 'HoofBall' Steve Cotterill, (ex-Wimbledon and Sligo Rovers!) the one who learnt all he knows from his former coach at Nottingham Forest, the same SO'D!

In their wisdom, City decided not to interview any of the numerous managers clamouring for this cherished post, but simply chose 'Steve' as he was considered the best man for the job (and was also known and trusted by a member of the Board!) Hah!

Having just survived relegation, we now need to consolidate our position in Division 1 and so have signed this 'free-scoring striker' from Crystal Palace (for whom he did not score for 18 months!) on the basis that 'he seemed a nice bloke when Steve met him in the hotel bar on holiday'.

It can only go downhill from here!

I love football!

what a man. What a player. He's been nothing short of sensational. I think SC has had a big influence on him.

I think people were sceptical to start with purely due to the utter crap we had seen down here in recent years. Lots of journeymen and deadwood which probably lead to the doubt with Wilbs.

Thankfully he has produced. Fantastic pro & fantastic signing.

Congrats Wilbs

Has spent the whole season living away from his wife and kid who live in Manchester as he didn't want his daughter to move school again. Fair play to him as it cant have been very easy living apart week on week and credit to him for the form he has been in this season. As much as I'd like to see him given at least a further year, in view of his situation I very much doubt he will be with us next season. Really hope for him we win the title as he has been a wonderful signing and deserves another winners medal.  

Hasn't he triggered a 1 year extension? I know he won't score 20 goals next season but any he does score will be so important. I'd definitely keep him on!

Hasn't he triggered a 1 year extension? I know he won't score 20 goals next season but any he does score will be so important. I'd definitely keep him on!

He's definitely worth another year. As you say he won't score 20 goals next season, and may not be first choice, but the club needs four strikers. If he's not starting a match it would be great to have him on the bench.

He's definitely worth another year. As you say he won't score 20 goals next season, and may not be first choice, but the club needs four strikers. If he's not starting a match it would be great to have him on the bench.

Absolutely! If possible I'd like us to get big Smithy back on a permanent and let Wibs teach him everything he knows in that 12 months. IMO Smith is the ideal replacement for when Wibs calls it a day.

Pretty sure the original deal had a clause with a second year and whilst I don't know how many games were required, after playing 42 games I'd be amazed if he hasn't triggered it.

I believe that's the case.

SC said on the radio yesterday, something along the lines of, Wilbs and Elliott are good experienced pros who are great with the younger lads "especially when I'm not around". He's obviously somone who has SC's respect.

Archived