IGNORED

Where If Anywhere Do You Think We Need To Strengthen Up In The Summer?

iamalagerdrinker

Depends on who he releases really I can see Osbourne, Reid, Wagstaff ,Burns and El Abd  leaving and maybe JET, Elliott and Pack  so we would need to bring in two quality strikers and possibly two wide men/ Wingers so we have a plan B option next season along with a quality midfielder and cover for defence and a quality keeper for cover for FF

If Korey Smith isn't a ball winning midfielder then I don't know what is.

Korey Smith is the modern ball winning midfielder for me

You can hardly tackle these days it's all about anticipation and nicking the ball, intercepting it and doing what Korey does excellently scampering about picking up second balls ( also pretty damn decent on the ball)

The David Harles of the past would last 10 mins a game before a red !!

I would have definitely said two strikers required a month or so ago! But I would see how Wilbs gets on. 20 goals this season, he might carry that form on next season! But then this approach may not be best as it would be a panic buy at the end of the transfer window if Wilbs is banging them in.

I don't think Agard will be good enough IMHO.

If we are sticking with the same formation (and why not) then even atm I'd say:

• GK to give Fielding competition (unless anyone knows if Richards would be up to the task?)
  • RWB, while Little is good I feel he's not as good defensively as we may need next season
  • Back up CB (at least 1 depending on Osbourne)
  • CM (again at least 1 depending on Wade Elliott)
  • ST (at least 1 depending if JET stays, don't think Agard will cut it at Championship as a striker)

Candidates for these roles

GK - Sam Johnstone (only on loan at Preston and looked very good), Wes Foderingham (providing Swindon don't go up), Joe Lewis, Daniel Bentley

RWB - Todd Kane, Nathan Byrne, James Tavernier, Shaun Cummings

CB - Not sure in all honesty

CM - Ben Gladwin, Connor Hourihane, Ed Upson

ST - Will Grigg, Matt Done (if Sheffield Utd don't go up), Martyn Waghorn, Matt Smith

Firstly it depends who is out of contract.

I am not sure but I thought Wilbo and Elliot get extensions to their contracts due to the amount of games played.

Jet I am pretty sure is out of contract, however I would suggest that he is exactly the player we need to unlock a defence in a higher league either to start or off the bench!

Who we need is going to be a factor of who comes in for our players. Bryan and Freeman attract a lot of attention as does Flint and Smith.

SL has stated that he will no longer get emotionally attached to certain players so, lets see who goes, if anyone!

Another goalkeeper (Dan Bentley, please); competition for Little & either retain Cunningham or someone to replace him; perhaps another ball-playing central defender to cover for Williams & Ayling if needed; at least another central midfielder to replace Elliott &/or Pack (Sawyer at Walsall looks a prospect); at LEAST two strikers to compliment Agard IF he ends up the only striker left once the summer hits due to JET & Wilbraham's contracts expiring.

All that is also predicated on Reid, Burns & El Abd not featuring, no one else leaving the squad who is under contract (like Osborne), and those with expiring contracts likely leaving.

If we are sticking with the same formation (and why not) then even atm I'd say:

• GK to give Fielding competition (unless anyone knows if Richards would be up to the task?)
  • RWB, while Little is good I feel he's not as good defensively as we may need next season
  • Back up CB (at least 1 depending on Osbourne)
  • CM (again at least 1 depending on Wade Elliott)
  • ST (at least 1 depending if JET stays, don't think Agard will cut it at Championship as a striker)

Candidates for these roles

GK - Sam Johnstone (only on loan at Preston and looked very good), Wes Foderingham (providing Swindon don't go up), Joe Lewis, Daniel Bentley

RWB - Todd Kane, Nathan Byrne, James Tavernier, Shaun Cummings

CB - Not sure in all honesty

CM - Ben Gladwin, Connor Hourihane, Ed Upson

ST - Will Grigg, Matt Done (if Sheffield Utd don't go up), Martyn Waghorn, Matt Smith

Agreed. Thought Nathan Byrne looked really dangerous against us on Tuesday

Archived