IGNORED

Daily Mail - Budget Again

Bourne End Red

Fair enough, but it seems a low wage to me for a full time pro in Lge 1 , and one that could easily be bettered I would have thought by having a job and playing decent standard PT footie.

Consider it like being a University student. You are still learning your trade at a young age...you hope to improve, and hopefully if you do, the rewards are beneficial.

Remember...most footballers aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

Few mistakes in it but overall the article seemed to highlight we have changed from our time of huge spending and as for buying the league it seems to highlight that we have a greater spending power then most teams in the league but we have used our money more sensibly then we have in the past and used it well this year.

Lots of people seem to be confused in this thread not least the Daily Fail "journalist".

For starters:

FFP and SCMP are different things but our average reader will not know or spot the difference.

Debt and losses are different things but our average reader will not know or spot the difference.

Last year and this year are different  things but our average reader will not know or spot the difference.

Nibor,

I've made a slight correction so it reads from the journo's point of view.

Lots of people seem to be confused in this thread not least the Daily Fail "journalist".

For starters:

FFP and SCMP are different things.

Debt and losses are different things.

Last year and this year are different things.

Away with you, and your facts, reason and logic.  No place for that here.

Away with you, and your facts, reason and logic.  No place for that here.

No place for them here?

Are Facts, Reason and Logic 3 new signings that SC has earmarked for next season ( I presume Logic is the Croatian)?

The FC is debt free. Ashton Gate ltd is in debt. The two companies are part of one - Bristol City Holdings Limited.

Yes, so what?  You said debt had been moved from one company to another.  Debt was cleared in one company by conversion to equity and remains in another.  What do you mean by saying debt has been transferred?

Logic is Greek

Reason is related to Logic and so is Greek as well

Facts is actually just a rumour made up on OTIB.

Laura Logic played sax for X-ray Spex, neither a Serb, Croat or Greek but did live in Wembley. 

Steve Lansdown is a superb super rich and beneficial owner but hasn't bought the League or the Trophy and did indeed convert the majority debt to equity.

Steve Cotterill does sometimes say 'aint" but will always answers a question by starting with - " Yeh,No".

More great Facts on OTIB.

It would seem facile to suggest that Lansdown's millions have not played there part. Of course they have, they have enabled us to mix with the big boys in this league this year.

Equally, with the support he has had, and the rules we have to abide by, Cotts has done fantastically well.

Both can be true.

It would seem facile to suggest that Lansdown's millions have not played there part. Of course they have, they have enabled us to mix with the big boys in this league this year.

Equally, with the support he has had, and the rules we have to abide by, Cotts has done fantastically well.

Both can be true.

Right, and do the papers say that about Chelsea's owner, a multi - billionaire who can afford to spend millions on players.  So have they bought the Prem this season? 

Fair enough, but it seems a low wage to me for a full time pro in Lge 1 , and one that could easily be bettered I would have thought by having a job and playing decent standard PT footie.

You serious? Anyone in PT football and full time employment under the age of 25 would snap your hand off to turn pro regardless of the money!

Anyway it's irrelevant because he signed a new contract earlier this season so he's probably on a more average wage now

Fairly big article in daily mail on us today giving very little credit and once again pretty much saying we've bought the league with Lansdowns millions.

I don't really give a toss about the Mail.I am just enjoying a brilliant season.A Manager and a team that make you proud to be a City fan.

Logic is Greek

Reason is related to Logic and so is Greek as well

Facts is actually just a rumour made up on OTIB.

Laura Logic played sax for X-ray Spex, neither a Serb, Croat or Greek but did live in Wembley. 

Steve Lansdown is a superb super rich and beneficial owner but hasn't bought the League or the Trophy and did indeed convert the majority debt to equity.

Steve Cotterill does sometimes say 'aint" but will always answers a question by starting with - " Yeh,No".

More great Facts on OTIB.

62067e607015f1cc71626812e4db287e.jpg

Losing 9.2 million, but still being able to spend in the region of two million minus sale of Baldock.

But that is not the point. Football clubs who have operated 100% past their income have folded. Mr Lansdown has moved part of a massive debt across companies - Bristol City Football Club Limited - Ashton Gate Limited.

Can't he just buy rovers and transfer any debt to them, then sale the club to a rovers supporter for a pound?

The Daily Fail is one big fairy story from start to finish. Their sports coverage is as bad as their main news IMO. The only bit I have any time for is their business news, where they have an excellent city editor.

More fool anyone for believing anything printed elsewhere in the rag.

Mostly read by bitter 50 and 60 somethings driving Honda Civics.

Archived