IGNORED

Daily Mail - Budget Again

Bourne End Red

Fairly big article in daily mail on us today giving very little credit and once again pretty much saying we've bought the league with Lansdowns millions.

Mr Lansdown hasn't written off all debts. He has consolidated a large part of the debt into another company. Like it or not the rest of the division cannot govern that amount of debt, and continue to spend large sums of money paying players like Agard, Ayling, Freeman etc.

City have only one local player in the XI. The team is built on Mr Lansdown wealth and the acumen of Mr Cotterill using money so far wisely.

The Daily Fail is one big fairy story from start to finish. Their sports coverage is as bad as their main news IMO. The only bit I have any time for is their business news, where they have an excellent city editor.

More fool anyone for believing anything printed elsewhere in the rag.

Mr Lansdown hasn't written off all debts. He has consolidated a large part of the debt into another company. Like it or not the rest of the division cannot govern that amount of debt, and continue to spend large sums of money paying players like Agard, Ayling, Freeman etc.

City have only one local player in the XI. The team is built on Mr Lansdown wealth and the acumen of Mr Cotterill using money so far wisely.

Define large sums of money?.

Define large sums of money?.

Losing 9.2 million, but still being able to spend in the region of two million minus sale of Baldock.

But that is not the point. Football clubs who have operated 100% past their income have folded. Mr Lansdown has moved part of a massive debt across companies - Bristol City Football Club Limited - Ashton Gate Limited.

Losing 9.2 million, but still being able to spend in the region of two million minus sale of Baldock.

But that is not the point. Football clubs who have operated 100% past their income have folded. Mr Lansdown has moved part of a massive debt across companies - Bristol City Football Club Limited - Ashton Gate Limited.

I think you'll find the majority of league football clubs operate with budgets larger than their income. That's why total debt in the sector is rising.

We're lucky in that we are year-on-year reducing our operating deficit.

if it's not the point why mention it?, I doubt whether there is anybody in our present squad being paid over the odds like in the past.

I find it rich the talk of our huge budget, whilst operating with an 18 man squad:-

Preston = 28, many on prem/championship wages.

MK = 26

Swindon = an incredible 31

Even Oldham have got a 30 man squad including 6 players on loan from the championship.

I think you'll find the majority of league football clubs operate with budgets larger than their income. That's why total debt in the sector is rising.

We're lucky in that we are year-on-year reducing our operating deficit.

How any operate 100%+ past their income for seasons? The answer was very very few.

Part of that enormous debt has not been waved away with a magic wand. It is now consolidated in a group of companies. Very few clubs at this level have an owner who can move / service debt of tens millions - They would go out of business.

if it's not the point why mention it?.

Because the Daily Mail mentions the debt. Without Mr Lansdown re-positioning part of that debt / covering it the FC would be bankrupt. So City can have massive debts, but still can allow Mr Cotterill to buy fine players i.e Freeman. Players he has done very well with.

How any operate 100%+ past their income for seasons? The answer was very very few.

Part of that enormous debt has not been waved away with a magic wand. It is now consolidated in a group of companies. Very few clubs at this level have an owner who can move / service debt of tens millions - They would go out of business.

Because the Daily Mail mentions the debt. Without Mr Lansdown re-positioning part of that debt / covering it the FC would be bankrupt. So City can have massive debts, but still can allow Mr Cotterill to buy fine players i.e Freeman. Players he has done very well with.

Actually there are loads of clubs who operate with continuous running losses and far fewer who make profits.

Some have debts "parked" or written off, some take the administration route, some take the Cardiff/Swindle wriggling out of their liabilities dodginess approach.

Examine other clubs balance sheets and you find there is nothing particularly unusual about City - except we're heading towards profitability whereas most are sinking towards greater operating losses.

I think we operate a small squad but a quality squad. We perhaps pay a little bit more, this makes us attractive. But add in the training facilities, Ashton Gate pitch, nice hotels when away from home etc and that too is just as attractive. Also with a smaller squad there is more chance of playing, any footballer who is a true professional should always want that.

Our form this season has obviously attracted attention, many are looking and thinking how have they done that. I must admit I have done the same with Bournemouth, yes they have a rich owner too I believe. As soon as people hear this they of course say 'ah, that's why' without looking any further. Yes Steve is rich, but he is because he is a successful and professional businessman.

if it's not the point why mention it?, I doubt whether there is anybody in our present squad being paid over the odds like in the past.

I find it rich the talk of our huge budget, whilst operating with an 18 man squad:-

Preston = 28, many on prem/championship wages.

MK = 26

Swindon = an incredible 31

Even Oldham have got a 30 man squad including 6 players on loan from the championship.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I'd just like to know how you can make such a statement?

I assume you don't know how much they are paying their players and this is just an assumption, that, for all we know, could be totally off the mark.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I'd just like to know how you can make such a statement?

I assume you don't know how much they are paying their players and this is just an assumption, that, for all we know, could be totally off the mark.

I am making the same assumption that Cowshed made about Ayling, Freeman and Agard 2 of whom came from small clubs.

Take a look at Preston's squad there are many signings from championship clubs and loans mainly from prem and championship clubs and tell me that they are paying less in wages than we are with an 18 man squad and explain how they manage it.

Archived