IGNORED

Worcestershire Vs Yorkshire

'Orns

Just label In your mind

Ashton Gate - Gas - penalty - Holloway - Leaning - Saved. :D

In front of the East End too. Other than what happened in the last minute of that game, that is possibly my favourite memory of my time at the Gate. Pretty sad really, but it was him, that rat faced****

Oh, ok don't follow cricket but where does the nickname the pears come from??!!

There you go - I learned something new today too, thank you!

Worcestershire achieved their first victory in the county championship in 1964 and to commemorate this victory there is a black-pear tree planted at the ground. The black pear has always been a fundament of Worcestershire heritage and can trace its association with the county back to the Worcester Regiment of 1634. In honour of this heritage the current Worcestershire club badge also consists of 3 black-pears.

Graham, as CA says, Jack's brother, Adam is also a City fan and played for Glamorgan, I think he may have quit now. Their Dad, can't remember his name for the life of me, played for Gloucestershire

Jack is also big mates with Matt Smith, I think they went to school together and count Joe Hart as an old school friend and good mate too.....maybe Shantry can play his part in getting Smith back here next season. Jack is never shy to send a tweet out when he's at the Gate watching City. Tends to spend his winters in Australia now, so guess he's missed out on this fantastic season

Brian. I knew him from local league cricket, I think he played for Downend or Stapleton? He had a season with Glos when they were trying out a few local talents, like John Sullivan and Chris Broad who both played for Long Ashton, I think he played a lot minor counties stuff after that.

Archived