IGNORED

Sign The Petition For A Rail Station At Ashton Gate

Dollymarie

• Admin

I may have dreamed it but several years ago, there was serious talk of opening Ashton Gate Halt Station, with a tunnel leading directly to the away turnstiles, obviously then in the Wedlock, to minimise the risk of trouble. Don't they have something similar at Millwall?

Unless the story was launced on April 1st I would say that you dreamt it !

Millwall is just a windy lane from the station to the away end

Job done.

And well done Dolly for the 'heads up' on this important issue.

I use the Severn Beach - Temple Meads service quite a bit. It's great. Reasonably frequent, generally reliable and relatively cheap. Beats the crap out of crawling through traffic on a bus or in a car.

Being able to connect via TM to the Portishead line when it's up and running would potentially give City fans from the western side of town easy rail access to AG if a station were to be built there, including for example those from Avonmouth, Sea Mills, Shire, Clifton, Redland and Montpellier. Pity there wasn't the political will, foresight and competence to do it two decades ago when it should have been done, but better late then never.

Signed and bumped...

Its important anyway for residents, business and visitors alike to SouthBristol ......

BUT WOW after last night and CITY's incredible season.... Its VITAL now that we're in the Championship!

Thousands of more people will regularly converge on the area on match days, more than ever before everything is naturally bigger better and busier in the area, current infrastructure roads etc creak under the pressure and BCFC and its visitors will considerably add to those pressures due to a larger redeveloped Ashton Gate and its success ...... Everyone will benefit from a reopened rail link at Ashton Gate... Its needed now, it will become imperative soon!!

Archived