IGNORED

Sign The Petition For A Rail Station At Ashton Gate

Dollymarie

I wonder if this project with its obvious 'green' credentials will tickle the veggie taste buds of Bristol's influential 'Greens'?

Depends if they're really into genuinely 'green' infrastructure and transportation or if the definition of Green Bristol in this so called European Green Capital City only extends to gimmicky arty things, we've had a floodlit green suspension bridge, university building, cathedral and God knows what else already this year? Oh yeah we've had an expensive Italian artist commissioned to shroud Pero's Bridge in green mist ... Wow impressive eh? ..for heavens sake what more could we ask for? ... Let's 'paint' the town green bathed it in emerald illumination, there thats green capital enough innit?

Or could we dare to hope that a one hundred percent definitively Green project with huge public support could actually be given the Green Light? ... Come On Bristol - Ashton Gate Station - you know it makes sense!!

P.S. ... A chance to earn a few Green brownie points :)

I wonder if this project with its obvious 'green' credentials will tickle the veggie taste buds of Bristol's influential 'Greens'?

Depends if they're really into genuinely 'green' infrastructure and transportation or if the definition of Green Bristol in this so called European Green Capital City only extends to gimmicky arty things, we've had a floodlit green suspension bridge, university building, cathedral and God knows what else already this year? Oh yeah we've had an expensive Italian artist commissioned to shroud Pero's Bridge in green mist ... Wow impressive eh? ..for heavens sake what more could we ask for? ... Let's 'paint' the town green bathed it in emerald illumination, there thats green capital enough innit?

Or could we dare to hope that a one hundred percent definitively Green project with huge public support could actually be given the Green Light? ... Come On Bristol - Ashton Gate Station - you know it makes sense!!

I think you're dead right there. Being "Green" is all about smoke and mirrors - it doesn't involve anything that might actually make people's lives easier.

Yes it does. The line is already in use for freight,the plan is to open the line to passanges ,how ever a new station at Ashton Gate as not been approved ,this is why the petition is important, if there is a strong enough case for a new station it may be built.

its not just a case of reopening it to passengers there is alot of work to do, theres SSSI sites all along the branch which is a pain, all the sleepers will need to be replaced from ham green down due to them being steal and you can't run passenger trains on steal sleepers, and loads of other works needed just to bring it up to standard

its not just a case of reopening it to passengers there is alot of work to do, theres SSSI sites all along the branch which is a pain, all the sleepers will need to be replaced from ham green down due to them being steal and you can't run passenger trains on steal sleepers, and loads of other works needed just to bring it up to standard

I think most of it needs reballasting too.  Isn't there a speed restriction along the whole length?

The Greens and the Mayor won't get behind this. They are against all forms of public transport and belive the only green way to travel is by bike. I have discuused trasport problems with greens and they belive people are not required to travel long distances and everyone should live with in a few miles of their employment. 

I also been shown a picture by the Mayor and his green freinds which show a chap in India on his push bike which shows him clearly overload with boxes etc and they have said to me with glee" that see what can done with imagination, people can carry also sorts on thier bikes we just need to change people mind set."

I don't want to scare monger but these greens are fanatical zealots and will only be happy when cars are made illegal, you just need to scratch the surface of the Mayor and the greens to find thier true agenda.

The Greens and the Mayor won't get behind this. They are against all forms of public transport and belive the only green way to travel is by bike. I have discuused trasport problems with greens and they belive people are not required to travel long distances and everyone should live with in a few miles of their employment. 

I also been shown a picture by the Mayor and his green freinds which show a chap in India on his push bike which shows him clearly overload with boxes etc and they have said to me with glee" that see what can done with imagination, people can carry also sorts on thier bikes we just need to change people mind set."

I don't want to scare monger but these greens are fanatical zealots and will only be happy when cars are

made illegal, you just need to scratch the surface of the Mayor and the greens to find thier true agenda.

Perhaps the solution is to learn lessons from our childhood.....

As kids we were always being urged to 'EAT YOUR GREENS!'

Perhaps we should heed that advice, if we cant beat 'em - Eat 'Em!! ... (with a good bottle of Chianti)

I don't want to scare monger but these greens are fanatical zealots and will only be happy when cars are made illegal, you just need to scratch the surface of the Mayor and the greens to find thier true agenda.

Think that bloke in India is down to his personal circumstances rather than through choice. They shoukd ask him what he wsnts a ford transit for all his boxes or a bike. We all know the answer. All this green stuff is utter tripe. These electric cars for instance uses a hell of a lot of energy and resources to make. Digging up all these roads causing all that pollution for these cycle lanes is going to take millions of cycling hours before the benfit to the environment is felt. How much has Bristol spent on cycling in the last ten years? I bet its an amount that coukd have paid for a tram system which really would ease congestion and improve air quality.

"Green" thinking supporting anything that would benefit football or football supporters (or rugby for that matter) from this Council........................."p1$$ myself laughing" is the term I believe!!

I can't believe the petition is yet to reach 1000 despite all the traffic to this forum.

A new station would be beneficial for everyone who supports bristol city and the rugby club. Even those who continue to drive would benefit, as if more people come by train it will reduce the number coming by car meaning easier parking and less traffic.

EMail confirms petition now has its first 1000 sigs...

What's wrong with the apathy in this City...? ...... An issue like this should have support in the tens of thousands by now! .... It a no brainer in terms of benefit for the whole community not just football fans... Come on Bristol people get behind this we all complain how 'nothing gets done' in this City, 'everything takes for ever' etc... Is it any wonder when so many can't be added to spend a minute or two online, for free, to support vital improvements like this?

Its an election period right now (jeez, wouldn't surprise me if some peeps in our sleepy town still don't know that even!)... Perfect time to challenge candidates for their views and support -why wouldn't they want to be seen to support this proposed development! .??

I don't have fb, twitter or other social media apart from otib... but hundreds of you lot will have.. we all support Bristol City so no matter how local or not you are, a rail link/halt/station at Ashton Gate will be of interest to each of us.. So please sign petition if you haven't already (link above in this thread) and use your social media connections to spread the word.. Just takes a minute. :) ...COYRs

EMail confirms petition now has its first 1000 sigs...

What's wrong with the apathy in this City...? ...... An issue like this should have support in the tens of thousands by now! .... It a no brainer in terms of benefit for the whole community not just football fans... Come on Bristol people get behind this we all complain how 'nothing gets done' in this City, 'everything takes for ever' etc... Is it any wonder when so many can't be added to spend a minute or two online, for free, to support vital improvements like this?

Its an election period right now (jeez, wouldn't surprise me if some peeps in our sleepy town still don't know that even!)... Perfect time to challenge candidates for their views and support -why wouldn't they want to be seen to support this proposed development! .??

I don't have fb, twitter or other social media apart from otib... but hundreds of you lot will have.. we all support Bristol City so no matter how local or not you are, a rail link/halt/station at Ashton Gate will be of interest to each of us.. So please sign petition if you haven't already (link above in this thread) and use your social media connections to spread the word.. Just takes a minute. :) ...COYRs

Has it been linked to the Bristol Rugby forum?

Archived