IGNORED

Sign The Petition For A Rail Station At Ashton Gate

Dollymarie

Does anyone know if the proposed line uses the train tracks under the suspension bridge?

Yes it does. The line is already in use for freight,the plan is to open the line to passanges ,how ever a new station at Ashton Gate as not been approved ,this is why the petition is important, if there is a strong enough case for a new station it may be built.

Bristol has fallen so far behind other European cities with public transport, this really is a no-brainer and shouldn't be needing petitions, it should just be done.

It should be a junction for the existing rail line to Wapping Wharf and the Centre but the Council, in its infinite wisdom, has stolen the trackbed for a bendybus :facepalm:

It should be a junction for the existing rail line to Wapping Wharf and the Centre but the Council, in its infinite wisdom, has stolen the trackbed for a bendybus :facepalm:

It could also continue on in front of the new Bristol museum, past the Ostrich and along Redcliffe way and back to Temple Meads. 

I do hope Pip Sheard remembers that lots of City fans will have signed her petition the next time she's slagging us football fans off

That's the only negative about this campaign. That woman has done her utmost to halt everything possible with the movement of traffic around Bristol. She heads up the group (Transport For Greater Bristol) it should read No Transport for Greater Bristol.

I do hope Pip Sheard remembers that lots of City fans will have signed her petition the next time she's slagging us football fans off

just seeing that name makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.... Support the petition for an Ashton Gate, station/platform/halt whole heartedly though, after the bendy bus fiasco and other barmy decisions (12000 capacity arena with no parking ffs what are these people on? etc..) let's hope and pray that this time the only right and proper decision for Bristol is eventually reached.

If a very polite petition falls on deaf ears at 'City freaking Hall' .... this issue is

important enough for the Bristol public to lobby overtly for by way of demo's around the town and on College Green.

I know this will be an unpopular view judging by the responses on here but I'm in the very small minority who doesn't want a new train station at Ashton Gate. Here are my reasons:

1. The pitch undertakes a bashing from hosting football, rugby and pop concerts as it is without also having rail lines plonked on top of it and having tonnes of railway stock regularly passing over it.

2. It will be very frustrating if we are awarded a potentially match winning pen in the dying embers of an important game and Jet steps up to take it and sends the keeper the wrong way only to find his goal bound effort blocked on the line by the sudden appearance of the 17.45 Severn Beach Special.

3. Robbored will have an extra platform to vent his spleen regarding Gary Johnson.

4. There will be a viable method of committing suicide close at hand to supporters when a game isn't going our way.

I know this will be an unpopular view judging by the responses on here but I'm in the very small minority who doesn't want a new train station at Ashton Gate. Here are my reasons:

1. The pitch undertakes a bashing from hosting football, rugby and pop concerts as it is without also having rail lines plonked on top of it and having tonnes of railway stock regularly passing over it.

2. It will be very frustrating if we are awarded a potentially match winning pen in the dying embers of an important game and Jet steps up to take it and sends the keeper the wrong way only to find his goal bound effort blocked on the line by the sudden appearance of the 17.45 Severn Beach Special.

3. Robbored will have an extra platform to vent his spleen regarding Gary Johnson.

4. There will be a viable method of committing suicide close at hand to supporters when a game isn't going our way.

Just awful chat

:facepalm:

Will the metro bus run along the rail track along cumberland road or use the Cumberland Road.

Signed

Seem utter stupidity to not re-open Ashton Gate when there could be 20000 people trying to get there every other week, plus the rugby crowd on the other weekends. Sort of like building a railway line from Birmingam to Exeter without a station in Bristol!

The infrastructure is largely still in place anyway. The platforms are still there if you look closely down to your right from the A370 when walking away from Ashton Gate.

Archived