IGNORED

The Massive Congratulations And Thank You Steve Cotterill Thread

MC RISK77

The worry for me is that he has set such high standards this season that we are again faced with the potential problem of fans expectations being overoptimistic - or are they?

Expectations will be high simply because we have performed so well in what is a very competitive League One.

But if League One is competitive, then The Championship is absolutely scary. My personal opinion is that we should all try to set our expectations at a sensible level.

Mid table safety, without a hint of the drop, but with the playoffs not out of the question.

At least another Academy boy making a breakthrough into the first team squad. Two would be even better.

Some success in the Football League and FA Cups.

It will not be easy but when is life and football ever so?

We will have some great and unexpected victories together with some disastrous, unexpected home defeats. I can't wait for next season to begin.

Expectations will be high simply because we have performed so well in what is a very competitive League One.

But if League One is competitive, then The Championship is absolutely scary. My personal opinion is that we should all try to set our expectations at a sensible level.

Mid table safety, without a hint of the drop, but with the playoffs not out of the question.

At least another Academy boy making a breakthrough into the first team squad. Two would be even better.

We will have some great and unexpected victories together with some disastrous, unexpected home defeats. I can't wait for next season to begin.

Agree with the fact that we'll need to temper what will likely be high expectations for this squad; they've a lot of potential, but it's a tough, tough league.

Wolves and Brentford have shown how teams arriving in that league can do well, so I hope we follow in their footsteps, but personally I think a good aim is just to be safe from relegation as early as possible.

Heard someone saying yesterday our best chance could be next season as we will have momentum and will be an unknown quantity at the start of the season. Exactly what Bournemouth have done this season and what we did in the playoff season.

Heard someone saying yesterday our best chance could be next season as we will have momentum and will be an unknown quantity at the start of the season. Exactly what Bournemouth have done this season and what we did in the playoff season.

I agree it might be our best shot in the short term, but longer term I think we would be better off getting mid table and steadily progressing from there.

For me much better to get back in the championship, enjoy some big games against some very big clubs, get the ground finished and that will help us to progress sustainably.

I would hate to go to the Prem if the end result is being whipping boys and coming in to the Championship with high expectations (ex prem) and low morale. Again, with parachute payments we could struggle to attract the right player in the right wage structure. We could easily find ourselves chewed up and spat out of the Championship

Unless I'm goin crackers (highly possible) A late run last year threatened the PO's - this season isn't their first in CCC but momentum in moving forward is important no doubt

Unless I'm goin crackers (highly possible) A late run last year threatened the PO's - this season isn't their first in CCC but momentum in moving forward is important no doubt

No you're not mate it's me! Some reason I thought it was Bournemouth's first season in the Championship.

Archived