IGNORED

The Massive Congratulations And Thank You Steve Cotterill Thread

MC RISK77

I always knew that being named Steve was a good thing! Thank you to everybody connected with Bristol city for this memorable season, especially the SC and SL. Perhaps the biggest thanks is for the players - young, professional beyond their years, cracking sense of humour and full of talent. This club has found its spark again, I frigging love it!!!

A manger perfect fit for this club, the accent, the attacking playing style, maybe his slight arrogance, his pure hared of losing. It couldn't be more fitting.

Yep. Sometimes you get a manager and a club and it just works, regardless of what either have done previously.

That's what's happened here.

Beyond my wildest expectations. Many scoffed at his 'I'm a winner' quote after the defeat at Sheffield. I loved it.

Cotts, you've proven it. We've now a Team full of winners and leaders. Truly remarkable turnaround in such a short space of time.

As one who was going apoplectic over the lack of signing a striker or two in the transfer window.... 6-0 has rammed that down me throat!

Never been more pleased to have been totally and utterly wrong. A legend rapidly in the making.

I hope Steve Cottrell reads this forum because I want to personally congratulate him on the wonderful job he has done with Bristol City. When he was appointed I held my head in my hands saying "no no no City what have you done!" But Cotts has not only won me over and proved me completey wrong he did it in style and long may it continue. As an exile for the last 5 years I'm moving back to Bristol in 4 weeks and can't wait to watch my local team again and if I ever get the chance to meet SC I will apologies to his face and shake his hand. Fantastic, absolutely bloody fantastic! COYR

Of course SC and the all the squad but lets not forget SL the man who had the courage to dump Dreary and bring in SC...........just in time a month or so later and it could have been to late.

Absolutely this. Massive congratulations to the staff, players, board and especially Mr Lansdown - and of course the the fans. This is a season that shall be long remembered. Now lets give it one last push the get the title to really finish strong and get this over the line.

CTID

I don't really see what The The fans have got to do with it

Not sure what I can add really, it's very special. I like many on here am old enough to remember Getting promoted to Div 1 as it was in 76 and the roller coaster after that. I'm probably happiest for my nearly 11 year old daughter who I have nurtured along and now lives sleeps and breathes football and specifically City. We're taking her twin sister to her first game Saturday what a baptism that will be.

I've had emails from a Burnley fan this morning and congrats from Spurs Newcastle and West Ham fans they seem to understand what this means to me.

All I can say is thanks Steve I had my doubts when you were appointed but they disappeared this time last year.

Roll on Saturday, I'm hoping for a Preston win Friday so we can do this ourselves and they get one step closer to join us.

COYR Champions elect.

Cheers again to Steve and all the players, what an incredible job, to turn this ailing club around in such a quick period of time.

Before Cotts came on board I was fearing the arrival of league two football, now anything seems possible.

The transformation has been astounding.

Really pleased for SL.

Beyond my wildest expectations. Many scoffed at his 'I'm a winner' quote after the defeat at Sheffield. I loved it.

Cotts, you've proven it. We've now a Team full of winners and leaders. Truly remarkable turnaround in such a short space of time.

As one who was going apoplectic over the lack of signing a striker or two in the transfer window.... 6-0 has rammed that down me throat!

Never been more pleased to have been totally and utterly wrong. A legend rapidly in the making.

Yup, I thought at the time that if he comes out with a statement like that he either must be on a huge bluff or he actually believes he can deliver. I guess for many after the years of hurt and even during the better times they felt we weren't ever quite there. Now I hope people have learnt to trust Steve Cotterill.

It was moving to see him getting a bit emotional in the video posted above, I think he has carried a lot of weight on his shoulders which he seems to drive him. He deserves the win the title as we have been as near to perfect as anyone could have hoped for this season, one more win is it and hopefully he will be able to relax a little more. I don't think he ever fully switches off though.

I am truly grateful to everyone at City for a memorable season. We are going up as Champions, having played teams off the park without resorting to the skullduggery and nasty methods employed by some other teams.

Big John Atyeo, who set such standards at BCFC, and may we always want to win, lose or draw in this manner.

I have a dream, like many others, that we will soon return to the top table of English football. And I am actually beginning to believe......that the ninth promotion in my lifetime will not be too long away!

1965, 1974, 1976, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008.  Some great memories from those years but 

2015

has to be the best.  A trophy at Wembley. Within sight of the title. A brilliant new stadium to look forward to.  Thank you very, very much Steve C & Steve L & The Squad.  What an achievement from such a young team.  Not enough superlatives to describe how I'm feeling this morning. How happy are we going to be on Saturday?  Fantastic. Absolutely fabulous.

I suppose I ought to 'fess up and add my name to the growing list of those who admit they were sceptical at his appointment: it's the decent thing to do.

I, along with quite a few others, was simply wrong. The bloke has hardly put a foot wrong and all you can do is say sorry and congratulate him.

Now for the title - but looking further ahead, my greatest hope is that this terrific group of players will want to stay together, because there is a momentum behind this club now and you sense that we could be on the verge of something quite special. There is bound to be interest from other clubs in a number of individuals, but they have formed a very strong bond as a team and can potentially achieve so much more together than they might do apart. If City strengthen this summer as astutely as they did last year, we will have a team that the Championship will have to respect and take seriously.

Well done lads, and please stick around - we ain't done yet by a long way.

To be honest I was not sceptical about Cotterill's appointment and felt he was the right man to do what was then necessary and stave off relegation and stabilize the club on the pitch. However, what I could not have anticipated was the way he has taken the team on as he has this season.

The worry for me is that he has set such high standards this season that we are again faced with the potential problem of fans expectations being overoptimistic - or are they?

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is such much better than the promotion team under GJ, but they have the same degree of team spirit, desire and fight. The championship is a big step up and I fancy will be tougher than last time. However, I am reassured that SC and his back room team have been astute with signings over the last year and this gives me hope that they will make the right additions during the summer so that we can realistically expect us to be competitive. Whether that means we will be challenging at the top end of the table I'm not sure, but suspect that SL and SC will have this as their target. 

From relegation fodder to promoted with three games to spare; simply put, Cotts has come in and turned the club around, and in an incredibly short space of time.

The disciplined approach he's taken to building the squad, preparing it and sending it out there with purpose and belief has been fantastic to watch; it's been progressive and positive, and long may it continue.

Every single person involved in the club has contributed to this though, and am sure SC would be the first to point this out.

Roll on the Championship.

I think that the wives/family and girlfriends should be included in this as they have also contributed to the team ethic. The players travel to away matches on a Thursday (sometimes staying away for several days). They would be unable to do this in good spirits if the partners at home were fretting or unhappy. That would show on the pitch.

Archived