IGNORED

Budget For The Championship

cwmbran red

Being in a higher division means higher attendances, higher fees received from advertisers and sponsors, more League games televised and a greater share of League money.

All four of those statements means City will be financially better off. As we won't be playing in the JPT, City won't have the cost of travelling to, say Gillingham and they won't have the cost of staging a floodlit game and employing staff for a low attendance early round game at the Gate.

All going well Bristol Sport aim to treble our turnover. If they manage that we'll be better than midtable. All about spending it wisely of course.

Hopefully we've learnt our lesson in that regard. Fortunately, I believe we have a squad that is capable of finishing mid table and with 4 or 5 additions shouldn't be looking over our shoulder.

There is no need to budget.

If you incorporate a jogging track and creche into the redevelopment of Ashton Gate then you will be awash with money from those revenue streams and able to buy any player you like. I learned this from a very wise man with fat legs. 

Hopefully we've learnt our lesson in that regard. Fortunately, I believe we have a squad that is capable of finishing mid table and with 4 or 5 additions shouldn't be looking over our shoulder.

There is not one player in our first team 11 that worries me going in to the Championship - I think to a man they are each good enough. What does worry me is our squad size.

Thought I read somewhere that Championship clubs had voted to adjust FFP loss limits.

Think it went up to a maximum of 5m per season losses allowed.

I'm sure it's not as black and white as that.

That must simply be on day to day operating costs. We'll incur losses from ground development won't we?

I'm sure it's not as black and white as that.

That must simply be on day to day operating costs. We'll incur losses from ground development won't we?

Looking at the latest QPR news earlier today it seems damn clear that even the Football League has no idea how to calculate what are permissible losses.

There is not one player in our first team 11 that worries me going in to the Championship - I think to a man they are each good enough. What does worry me is our squad size.

We've a strong set of lads, a very young team overall and some good players currently on loan, Bobby Reid? Could do with a few new signings though, we've just extended Wilbs" contract for another year, I'd look at bringing Tavernier and maybe Matt Smith in, as for Saville, id expect Wolves would either not want to sell him/1.8M - not worth it in my opinion.

Cotteril is pretty good regarding transfers and I'm sure he'll find some decent loanees.

Archived