IGNORED

Steve Cotterill - 'stay Of The Pitch'

Big Hev

I won't be running on the pitch myself, mainly because it would take 20 minutes to get there from the upper dolman, but surely it's pitch invasion Saturday, then stay off the pitch after the Walsall game for the trophy presentation and celebrations/lap of honour?

Exactly this, we get to clap the players of the pitch around 50 times a season but only get one pitch "invasion" a season. As we won't get a trophy till the last game, Saturday if the perfect day for it, everyone wins.

Have to say having now watched the interview a few times - I do think it's a genuine request from Cotts rather than a say it because he has to

I would hate to spoil anyone's fun and normally see it as unimportant but if this is a genuine request from Cotts and the players isn't it a little disrespectful to say '**** it' we're going on anyway

Does make me feel uncomfortable bearing in mind we've all been crowing and praising him and the players

If that's what they want shouldn't we do it ?

Sorry, just my honest thoughts

I'll get my tin hat on !!!!

Why!   are you going in the TRENCHES!

Have to say having now watched the interview a few times - I do think it's a genuine request from Cotts rather than a say it because he has to

I would hate to spoil anyone's fun and normally see it as unimportant but if this is a genuine request from Cotts and the players isn't it a little disrespectful to say '**** it' we're going on anyway

Does make me feel uncomfortable bearing in mind we've all been crowing and praising him and the players

If that's what they want shouldn't we do it ?

Sorry, just my honest thoughts

I'll get my tin hat on !!!!

I was at Bradford and promotion was handled perfectly.

A line of stewards 30 metres from the City fans, the players celebrated amongst themselves, lots of hugs and handshakes, while we all went mental in the stands.

Slowly as it all calmed down the players moved toward the fans and we all celebrated together, and everyone enjoyed themselves, pictures were taken, players held fans flags aloft, selfies with some fans, players joining in with the songs etc, etc.

No need for a pitch invasion and fools trying to grab players shirts, boots etc.

If you want to get on the pitch wait until the players have left, what is to be gained by running on?

I got as close to ALL the players as I wanted too, from the stand, and it was a perfect end to a perfect night.

A line of stewards 30 metres from the City fans, the players celebrated amongst themselves, lots of hugs and handshakes, while we all went mental in the stands.

Slowly as it all calmed down the players moved toward the fans and we all celebrated together, and everyone enjoyed themselves, pictures were taken, players held fans flags aloft, selfies with some fans, players joining in with the songs etc, etc.

No need for a pitch invasion and fools trying to grab players shirts, boots etc.

If you want to get on the pitch wait until the players have left, what is to be gained by running on?

I got as close to ALL the players as I wanted too, from the stand, and it was a perfect end to a perfect night.

You don't invade someone else's manor - it's just not cricket.

I am going to bring sandwiches and a picnic rug. And ginger beer.

Do you think a disposable barbecue is OTT?

Yes.

They're terrible for the environment. Bring the calor gas and I'll sort you out a belter.

Why are the majority on here going against a polite request from our manager not to invade the pitch.

Stay off and let the players do their lap of honour and EVERYONE can enjoy the occasion

Because most of those saying that they're going onto the pitch this Saturday will need to be at home and tucked up in bed by 8 o'clock.

I bet you were sat in that middle block.

I think a pitch invasion is inevitable

I doubt I will go on the pitch myself, but hell, we don't win a league very often, got to bloody enjoy it !!

Can I just mention the elephant in the room here.

What if we do not win the title on Saturday?

Coventry may just be coming with a view they are going to try and get something from the game...

Am I the only one that feels pitch invasions make the club look tinpot? I get why we want to to an extent...but its only L1...and we romped it really!

I think it shows passion. Everything just seems low-key otherwise.

Our pitch invasions in the past and Man City's when they won the title in 2012, that's what football's about - the fans. I think it was when I watched Bradford got to the League Cup final and the stewards had a huge blockade to prevent a pitch invasion - it was rubbish.

Am I the only one that feels pitch invasions make the club look tinpot? I get why we want to to an extent...but its only L1...and we romped it really!

Must mean every club in history is tinpot then.

Until about 5+ years no-one gave a shit about trying to stop them. It was just accepted as the way football fans celebrated something meaningful for them.

Archived