IGNORED

Steve Cotterill - 'stay Of The Pitch'

Big Hev

I was at Bradford and promotion was handled perfectly.

A line of stewards 30 metres from the City fans, the players celebrated amongst themselves, lots of hugs and handshakes, while we all went mental in the stands.

Slowly as it all calmed down the players moved toward the fans and we all celebrated together, and everyone enjoyed themselves, pictures were taken, players held fans flags aloft, selfies with some fans, players joining in with the songs etc, etc.

No need for a pitch invasion and fools trying to grab players shirts, boots etc.

If you want to get on the pitch wait until the players have left, what is to be gained by running on?

I got as close to ALL the players as I wanted too, from the stand, and it was a perfect end to a perfect night.

Quite how you feel the bottom 125 fans in an end that holds more than 5 times that amount, at an away ground, where we clinched prpmotion, is anything like 11k of us in our own ground when we win our first league title in over 50 years is beyond me.

I assume you're on a wind up.

Am I the only one that feels pitch invasions make the club look tinpot? I get why we want to to an extent...but its only L1...and we romped it really!

I think sitting in the stands admiring a parade is tinpot as it lacks emotion, inclusion and passion. Everything that modern football doesnt seem to want.

Respect your view though.

If he wants us off the pitch then off the pitch it is.. i prefer to cheer, en masse, from the stands anyway.. morons who ignore his request.. imho.

Its funny how we've become mindless money paying robots with the soul sucked out of us blindly doing as were told.

Morons? I think you've been in the sun too long and have forgotten that rush of emotion that unconditionally loving your club and following them through years of shit too then be rewarded out of nowhere with a season that could be historic, once in a generation even, will bring out in those that love the club and will be here longer, than Steve Cotterill.

Quite how you feel the bottom 125 fans in an end that holds more than 5 times that amount, at an away ground, where we clinched prpmotion, is anything like 11k of us in our own ground when we win our first league title in over 50 years is beyond me.

I assume you're on a wind up.

Don't know why you think it's a wind up. The players were able to celebrate THEIR achievement with each other, and celebrate with the fans.

I'm genuinely interested to know what you personally hope to do when you run on the pitch? And what difference there is between that and being on the touchline cheering the boys?

And what difference there is between that and being on the touchline cheering the boys?

Being on the pitch is something my and my friends kids have not done, or cannot remember, the other is something they can do every other week and at times is boring.

Being on the pitch is something my and my friends kids will look upon as special, the other isn't.

Don't know why you think it's a wind up. The players were able to celebrate THEIR achievement with each other, and celebrate with the fans.

I'm genuinely interested to know what you personally hope to do when you run on the pitch? And what difference there is between that and being on the touchline cheering the boys?

Surely it's a piece of theatre. Think back to the play-off win vs Palace. The crowd enter the stage and carry the performers off shoulder high as a mark of respect.

Or to the recent promotions. The world is turned upside down as the crowd fill the arena and the performers climb up into the Directors box to take the applause.

My assumption is that the club has to be seen to encourage supporters not to enter the field of play. Unless you are the groundsman you probably don't give a hoot. Fair enough. But look at any photos of any promotion in the past 50 years and I'll bet you'll see a sea of red & white on the pitch with people looking up to the players and staff in the Directors box. It's an honourable tradition and one I hope we'll see preserved.

• Admin

First title in 60 years - I think there are going to be a few tears of joy shed and many scenes of celebration on the hallowed turf tomorrow !

From a safety point of view I can kind of get what Cotts is saying, I suspect he may have even been prompted by those upstairs to make this request. I would imagine it's a thin line between jubilation and being shit scared as a player seeing 11k people charging toward you !

In a way it may work out better for us getting this out of the way tomorrow - that way people shouldn't feel the need to do it against Walsall and all the celebrations of receiving the trophy etc should go easier !

My 2nd favourite ever pitch invasion was at Ashton Gate when we won the title at your place. You lot joined us and were almost more happy that the gas had blown promotion and just finished outside the play-offs as we were to win the title. I still remember our chant of "we beat the Rovers three times" and all you lot joining in with "You beat the rovers three times". Though there was some confusion on your faces when we were singing "bring on the Rovers" (referring to Blackburn). I still have the scarf I swapped with one of your lot on that day. Best of luck in the Championship except when you (hopefully) play us. Big game tonight hopefully a win followed by MK dropping points on Saturday would do nicely. I'm not worried about Swindles. I'm hoping we wrap up promotion with a home win against Swindles in our last home game the season. (There bringing 5000 don't you know)

My 2nd favourite ever pitch invasion was at Ashton Gate when we won the title at your place. You lot joined us and were almost more happy that the gas had blown promotion and just finished outside the play-offs as we were to win the title. I still remember our chant of "we beat the Rovers three times" and all you lot joining in with "You beat the rovers three times". Though there was some confusion on your faces when we were singing "bring on the Rovers" (referring to Blackburn). I still have the scarf I swapped with one of your lot on that day. Best of luck in the Championship except when you (hopefully) play us. Big game tonight hopefully a win followed by MK dropping points on Saturday would do nicely. I'm not worried about Swindles. I'm hoping we wrap up promotion with a home win against Swindles in our last home game the season. (There bringing 5000 don't you know)

One of the best moments I have experienced between two sets of fans. Meeting in the centre circle and shaking hands etc.

I suppose if the club really wanted to the redevelopment makes it much easier to stop fans running on the pitch.

In recent seasons there have been home fans in 3.5 stands able to easily run on the pitch, this season its only those in the Williams and Atyeo who will be able to. Furthermore, the walkway at the front of the Dolman and East End created a large area in which fans could congregate which is not there this season.

Remember it well, also remember your lot staying behind at Deepdale when we got promoted to applaud our players. #Class

Don't forget to sing the 'Flint said No' song when you play the inbreds at yours - hoping you join us next season! 

If he wants us off the pitch then off the pitch it is.. i prefer to cheer, en masse, from the stands anyway.. morons who ignore his request.. imho.

Morons? Really?

Saturday could be the first title in most supporters lifetimes. Tomorrow is as much the fans day as it is the players and Cotts. IMHO of course.

• Admin

Furthermore, the walkway at the front of the Dolman and East End created a large area in which fans could congregate which is not there this season.

There must be a way onto the pitch from the Dolman stand in case of an emergency.

Guess the Atyeo / Dolman corner is going to be the way on?

In a way it may work out better for us getting this out of the way tomorrow - that way people shouldn't feel the need to do it against Walsall

Oh yeah, because people are selective. Christ, kids run on when we finish 17th or something. It's an annual right.

I think it's unnecessary and am with the person who said fatties and kids first, weird that it's always the same way.

Bunch of ten year olds rush on, then a fat bloke giving chase like an It's-A-Knockout style inflatable kiddie fiddler.

Then there's the second wave of attack featuring dads with kids walking slowly and pointing out places of interest.

They'll generally spend the entire time shielding sun from their eyes and pointing back at the seat they came from.

Finally it'll be people who spent the prior 5 minutes in the stand with arms folded, booing and shaking their heads.

By now the first lot is done "going ****ing mental" (la la la la) and has formed into packs circling the pitch randomly.

I say go ahead, it's pure entertainment - sheer anticipation of someone going arse over tit in enthusiasm to get on.

I think sitting in the stands admiring a parade is tinpot as it lacks emotion, inclusion and passion. Everything that modern football doesnt seem to want.

Respect your view though.

The passion generally lasts about 10 seconds, then everyone stands around looking gormless for a quarter of an hour. Overrated.

Archived