IGNORED

Walsall Away End.

Redarmy987

• Admin

For those interested just phoned Walsall and brought 2 tickets! Easy

Quite funny really, with Walsall having recently got to Wembley.

They could have had every man, woman and child likely to watch Walsall on a database, yet someone can ring up and get a ticket with a local address to Bristol

Mind you I guess I shouldn't be too critical of their ticketing system - people in glass houses and all that !

Quite funny really, with Walsall having recently got to Wembley.

They could have had every man, woman and child likely to watch Walsall on a database, yet someone can ring up and get a ticket with a local address to Bristol

Mind you I guess I shouldn't be too critical of their ticketing system - people in glass houses and all that !

there won't be any trouble and it brings in extra coffers for us so I see no harm in it tbh

In 1965, my old man moved us all up to Clay Cross in Derbyshire as he worked for Ashton Containers. Decided to support Sheff Wed and went to Wembley in 1966 v Everton. The old man bought tout tickets outside the ground and we ended up in the Everton end. Wednesday went 2-0 up and the only cheers were from me and the old man. Luckily in those days, it was all fine with no aggro. sadly Everton came back and won 3-2. Always remember the scousers saying 'hard luck son' as we drearily left the ground. was a sad day as when we got home heard my granddad had died at home in Knowle, now I am his age and still have those fantastic memories. Football.....funny old game :worship2:

Really can't see them bringing 996 fans down. It would almost be like us rubbing it in their faces completely, poor Saddlers.

Would Bristol City open up more room in the Atyeo if they don't manage to sell their allocation?

If not, I can't see much trouble at all - I think the majority of the Wallsall fans who buy a ticket will be buying them to watch our Trophy presentation and to give us a round of applause :) (and lose a game of football, again).

Really can't see them bringing 996 fans down. It would almost be like us rubbing it in their faces completely, poor Saddlers.

Would Bristol City open up more room in the Atyeo if they don't manage to sell their allocation?

If not, I can't see much trouble at all - I think the majority of the Wallsall fans who buy a ticket will be buying them to watch our Trophy presentation and to give us a round of applause :) (and lose a game of football, again).

If they didn't sell them all then the club may open up extra seats in the home end (logistics permitting), but if City fans buy direct from Walsall there may not be many returns.

It probably also depends on if Walsall have anything to play for - after their last couple of results it appears they won't.

Would Bristol City open up more room in the Atyeo if they don't manage to sell their allocation?

If not, I can't see much trouble at all - I think the majority of the Wallsall fans who buy a ticket will be buying them to watch our Trophy presentation and to give us a round of applause :) (and lose a game of football, again).

It depends how many they sell due to the number of seats in the sections. 

I wouldn't advertise the fact home fans have bought away tickets, presumably City could easily cancel tickets associated with a Bristol address?

I doubt they'd do that in case of genuinely cancelling a Walsall fan who lives in Bristol's ticket.

I don't anticipate any trouble between the two sets of fans, I think there is a kind of bond between our clubs due to Wembley, I certainly enjoyed chatting to quite a few of their fans on the way to the ground.

Yes the only frustrating thing for me is that i am desperate for tickets so would really like to see Walsall sell as few as possible as that would potentially allow the club to sell those to home fans. Very annoying all this ticketing mess...anyone who can help me out for tickets?! COYR

I'd keep an eye on twitter if you can, I'm sure the club will tweet if any leftovers go on sale..

As a member I was able to purchase my ticket/s directly from the shop and 20 minutes later (just for pure curiosity purposes) I decided I would check if I could still buy tickets online, also.
To my surprise, I could. I didn't however as that would have been greedy of me - but it would be interesting to know if any other members actually did/do this

for the last game of the 1997-1998 away to Preston, my old man took me and my brother up to Preston on the train, no, not to watch the game, just to buy 3 tickets!!!!!!!! Couldn't get tickets in the home end

This was 2 weeks before, we then drove up for the game, had my first drink after on the way home celebrating promotion. White lightning!!!! I was 11.

Was my first time standing on terracing. When Preston scored their second everyone rushed forward pushing me up against a railing.

Archived