IGNORED

Walsall Away End.

Redarmy987

I just can't do it to the club personally, i'd rather hope they sell us returned Walsall tickets. Thanks for the help guys i will keep an eye on twitter/the website, ring everyday, visit the gate when i can and hopefully i will succeed! If they put more onside they should really do a queueing system because if you're prepared to queue for hours then you deserve any tickets!! COYR

I doubt they'd do that in case of genuinely cancelling a Walsall fan who lives in Bristol's ticket.

I don't anticipate any trouble between the two sets of fans, I think there is a kind of bond between our clubs due to Wembley, I certainly enjoyed chatting to quite a few of their fans on the way to the ground.

If nothing else we can bond further over a mutual dislike of WMP.

::laugh:: maybe in the Walsall end but defo not our end.

We probably won't sell out tomorrow but it'll only be a few less than you took to Bradford for a promotion clincher. I think you will beat us quite convincingly though

This morning your club announced sales of 660 out of an allocation of 991 so as you say, I can't see you selling out.

Hopefully that will mean the segregation can be moved and some extra seats can be sold to home fans.

What do you reckon the main difference from this season to last season when you were fighting relegation?

I think we should stay up this season but hopefully we can put together a promotion push next season with a experienced manager in Mowbray

Togetherness. A pre season trip to Botswana that I and many others thought was a waste of time really seemed to bring the squad together. Coupled with some cracking additions it's just been a huge success story.

Key players staying injury free has helped, and perhaps league 1 being pretty weak this year.

Good luck with the future, I hope you get your own ground sorted before too long.

What do you reckon the main difference from this season to last season when you were fighting relegation?

I think we should stay up this season but hopefully we can put together a promotion push next season with a experienced manager in Mowbray

We have a very small squad which brings togetherness, well disciplined which has meant very few suspensions (only Walsall have a better disciplinary record) some unbelievably superb summer signings, we've been relatively free of injuries as well which obviously helps

We have a very small squad which brings togetherness, well disciplined which has meant very few suspensions (only Walsall have a better disciplinary record) some unbelievably superb summer signings, we've been relatively free of injuries as well which obviously helps

and a great manager and OUTSTANDING FANS!

Is this a first? Home fans buying tickets in the away end at their own ground!

I was at Newcastle when City played there on Keegans first game as their new manager. About 200 of us, crammed into a tiny away 'corner' with about 200 Geordies who'd managed to put on a respectable West Country accent at the turnstile.

: :laugh:: maybe in the Walsall end but defo not our end.

We probably won't sell out tomorrow but it'll only be a few less than you took to Bradford for a promotion clincher. I think you will beat us quite convincingly though

So if the 600 or so CCFC fans are suddenly in the midst of a couple of celebrating Bristol City fans-  deepening a threat of your relegation then I expect a pat on the back and a well done is the most likely outcome?

Same goes for our special "bond " with the Walsall fans.

At the Wembley play off final a Hull City fan over celebrated the Windarse goal 3 rows in front of a block of City fans in the club wembley seats and spent the rest of the match picking his teeth up.

Yes- get tickets at BS3 in the away end you muppets- what could possibly go wrong?

I was at Newcastle when City played there on Keegans first game as their new manager. About 200 of us, crammed into a tiny away 'corner' with about 200 Geordies who'd managed to put on a respectable West Country accent at the turnstile.

Remember that well ... we had 3 seasons in a row visiting there without scoring a goal 0-0, 3-0 and 5-0!!!!!

Remember that well ... we had 3 seasons in a row visiting there without scoring a goal 0-0, 3-0 and 5-0!!!!!

Season in a row? I think you mean matches vs NUFC up St Jame's Park

And it's actually 5 consecutive matches up in Newcastle with no goal. Dates back to the 80's I believe.

Season in a row? I think you mean matches vs NUFC up St Jame's Park

And it's actually 5 consecutive matches up in Newcastle with no goal. Dates back to the 80's I believe.

Was too young for the earlier games away in the 80s, but just remember the 3 long journeys there and back at the start of the 90s with no City goals to celebrate.

Also, thanks for confirming my meaning for those who would not pick up the logical inference ;-)

I was at all 3 of those games too. A mate of mine got threatened with being kicked out on the Kevin Keegan first game because he kept asking the police to kick the Geordies out of our corner

Yeah, remember the older lads (I was late teens then) who used to go to all the games and were standing behind us that day were getting a bit lary about the Geordies being in with us - thought it was going to kick off but it seemed to calm down quite quickly!

Was too young for the earlier games away in the 80s, but just remember the 3 long journeys there and back at the start of the 90s with no City goals to celebrate.

Also, thanks for confirming my meaning for those who would not pick up the logical inference ;-)

Haha no worries.

I wasn't even born then I just know this because I support Newcastle as well as City.

I can see some abuse coming my way...

Haha no worries.

I wasn't even born then I just know this because I support Newcastle as well as City.

I can see some abuse coming my way...

depends where in cyprus you are from, I was stationed at Akrotiri and me and missus lived in Limassol :thumbsup:

Yes the only frustrating thing for me is that i am desperate for tickets so would really like to see Walsall sell as few as possible as that would potentially allow the club to sell those to home fans. Very annoying all this ticketing mess...anyone who can help me out for tickets?! COYR

Surely your Forever Bristol membership assured you of your ticket..?

depends where in cyprus you are from, I was stationed at Akrotiri and me and missus lived in Limassol :thumbsup:

If it's Mike Tziorta he's a Greek Cypriot, according to Google.

I remember a guy with a Bristol accent running a Fish and Chip shop in Cyprus, his dad owned a shop on whiteladies road.

Nice Fish, Nice Chips, Nice bloke.

If it's Mike Tziorta he's a Greek Cypriot, according to Google.

I remember a guy with a Bristol accent running a Fish and Chip shop in Cyprus, his dad owned a shop on whiteladies road.

Nice Fish, Nice Chips, Nice bloke.

:laugh: according to google.

It is indeed Mike Tziorta. Nope don't know anything about a bristol accent and a chippy in Cyorus unfortunately. Dad did own a shop on triangle a few years back though! But he has a Greek accent rather than a Bristolian :laugh:

Haha I'm actually from Bristol. Born and bred! Parents are Cypriot and from the Larnaca region. Anorthosis Famagusta fanatics!

Used to go to Famagusta every weekend when stationed there before the division, fantastic place, lovely beach, lovely people. Used to work with Greek and Turk Cypriots on the base, great people, even visited us when we came back to Bristol. Our kids bought us a Cyprus holiday for our 25th Wedding Anniversary 19 years ago, havent been there since. Really must make an effort to go back

Archived