IGNORED

Ben Gladwin

Lew-T

This lad was the standout player for Swindon against us at AG a couple weeks back and Tuesday night, he scored a hat-trick in a 4-2 win over Rochdale.

If Wade was to leave this summer, I would be keeping tabs on this guy as a replacement, only 22 years old. More reason for Swindon to stay down!

This lad was the standout player for Swindon against us at AG a couple weeks back and Tuesday night, he scored a hat-trick in a 4-2 win over Rochdale.

If Wade was to leave this summer, I would be keeping tabs on this guy as a replacement, only 22 years old. More reason for Swindon to stay down!

I'd hope he's on our radar he was fantastic

I would be surprised if any Swindon players would contemplate signing for us after the slagging off we have given their club / area / families / friends and so on....

All thoroughly deserved by the way.....

He would crawl down the m4 on his hands and knees If he was offered a contract here.

I would be surprised if any Swindon players would contemplate signing for us after the slagging off we have given their club / area / families / friends and so on.... 

I wouldn't. Pay them enough and they'll kiss the badge and sing the Flint song

I would be surprised if any Swindon players would contemplate signing for us after the slagging off we have given their club / area / families / friends and so on....

Gladwin isn't Swindon through and through though think he only signed for them this season so could be a stepping stone for him like with flint.

Only reservation I would have is going by how he played at AG I couldn't see him and Freeman playing in the same 11 without stifling one or both.

Said before - could develop him into a player to play in front two

Add Sam Clucas to that list for me 24 yrs old goal every 5 or 6 games from midfield - anyone see two of his finishes midweek - class

Would fit our potential market / player type perfectly

IMO Kasim, Byrne and Gladwin would all be great additions to the squad for next season.

Kasim would be a perfect partner for Korey in centre mid, Byrne would be great competition for Little and if jets off Gladwell can cover Freeman.

And to top it off it would really piss off swindle :)

Prefer Chris Eagles than him myself. Free agent, Championship quality and identical player to Wade but better and younger.

not for me eagles is almost 30 and the only two clubs intrested in him were blackpool and charlton, he would want big wages,

Gadwin is 22 and has a hell of a lot more protential

Gladwin is an out and out attacking midfielder, to replace Wade we need someone who'll go box-to-box and control the midfield. In Swindon's midfield, Luongo or Kasim would fit the role better

As for Byrne, he's like a shorter Little. Probably better on the ball than Mark, but can't defend (Bryan just ran straight past him several times in the 1st half) for toffee and isn't as physically powerful. We have better and could do better IMO

A 29 year old who'll be demanding much more than Gladwin?

Our whole new philosophy is to not buy players like Eagles.

spot on, would be very disappointed if go back to the bad old days of buying aged average players. Yes we might need some experience as Wilbs and to a lesser extent Wade have proved this year but the majority of our signings have to be players who could increase in value - only way of building a sustainable club that can challenge at the top. Let the clubs with big parachute payments waste their money on the likes of Eagles and other average journeymen.

Good shout Lew. 

He is well worth looking at for sure. Judging by the way some of the younger players have come on this season under SC I have no doubt he would improve as well. Probably needs to add a bit to his end product but this would be a good bit of business for sure. I would also be sniffing around Byrne. He's a good player and would be able to provide competition and cover for both wing back positions. There is also the plus of pissing Swindon off by swooping for them.

A 29 year old who'll be demanding much more than Gladwin?

Our whole new philosophy is to not buy players like Eagles.

How do you KNOW he would demand more than Gladwin. For your info, I was chatting to Chris Eagles at the De Vere Hotel in Starbucks having used the Gym in December and asked why he was playing at Blackpool, and he was clear in his thoughts of that he wants to play football and he was so relieved to be back playing again. Blackpool also had a 4K a week cap on players this year, so given he signed a short term deal, I doubt he'll be on anymore than 3-4K and reckon Gladwin's requests would be much higher than that. Don't forget Eagles has already played under Cotts and not all players are just after money.

How do you KNOW he would demand more than Gladwin. For your info, I was chatting to Chris Eagles at the De Vere Hotel in Starbucks having used the Gym in December and asked why he was playing at Blackpool, and he was clear in his thoughts of that he wants to play football and he was so relieved to be back playing again. Blackpool also had a 4K a week cap on players this year, so given he signed a short term deal, I doubt he'll be on anymore than 3-4K and reckon Gladwin's requests would be much higher than that. Don't forget Eagles has already played under Cotts and not all players are just after money.

Can't see Gladwin asking huge, he's only just started league football and being at Swindon they're hardly going to be paying him over the top. Depends if we see it as an investment down the line as well if we were to expect him to get better.

This talk of Swindle signings has really upset the multi-digitted masses on their forum.........

Can't see how its so hard to imagine that a team who has been promoted could look at players from teams who finish near the top of the table should they not get promoted. They have some good players so should they not go up, they have to think that the promoted teams and some championship teams will be interested.

Archived