IGNORED

Ben Gladwin

Lew-T

Can't see how its so hard to imagine that a team who has been promoted could look at players from teams who finish near the top of the table should they not get promoted. They have some good players so should they not go up, they have to think that the promoted teams and some championship teams will be interested.

Totally agree Hodge...but loving their bitterness!!!

Good shout Lew.

He is well worth looking at for sure. Judging by the way some of the younger players have come on this season under SC I have no doubt he would improve as well. Probably needs to add a bit to his end product but this would be a good bit of business for sure. I would also be sniffing around Byrne. He's a good player and would be able to provide competition and cover for both wing back positions. There is also the plus of pissing Swindon off by swooping for them.

What does a your Swindon people say about him Taylor? Am sure before you said you got plenty of Swindle supporting mates?! Apologies if wrong! I spoke today with my contact their who said he's yet to find a position blows hot & cold (as an earlier poster pointed out) but played at the top of a diamond against Rochdale where he got his hat trick. He's certainly got talent if still a bit raw.

How do you KNOW he would demand more than Gladwin. For your info, I was chatting to Chris Eagles at the De Vere Hotel in Starbucks having used the Gym in December and asked why he was playing at Blackpool, and he was clear in his thoughts of that he wants to play football and he was so relieved to be back playing again. Blackpool also had a 4K a week cap on players this year, so given he signed a short term deal, I doubt he'll be on anymore than 3-4K and reckon Gladwin's requests would be much higher than that. Don't forget Eagles has already played under Cotts and not all players are just after money.

He's hardly going to say anything else to a random football fan is he??

Still, whatever his wages would he's to old for our new recruitment style. Why change our recruitment now when we're getting some of the best success in our history?

Gladwin won't join anyway, the rival between the two clubs has got to big and they might go up. Wouldn't want Eagles near our club though.

He's hardly going to say anything else to a random football fan is he??

Still, whatever his wages would he's to old for our new recruitment style. Why change our recruitment now when we're getting some of the best success in our history?

Gladwin won't join anyway, the rival between the two clubs has got to big and they might go up. Wouldn't want Eagles near our club though.

Yet we signed Wade & Aaron who are both 35 ? I'm sure if Cotts felt an experienced pro who he had worked with before would benefit the club and the wages weren't too high, he would not let age stand in his way.

For me I would love to see us sign Aaron Mooy. He would be cheap and he's good enough for the Premier League.

What does a your Swindon people say about him Taylor? Am sure before you said you got plenty of Swindle supporting mates?! Apologies if wrong! I spoke today with my contact their who said he's yet to find a position blows hot & cold (as an earlier poster pointed out) but played at the top of a diamond against Rochdale where he got his hat trick. He's certainly got talent if still a bit raw.

Unfortunately mate I do have one or two Swindle "mates". They have pretty much said what you have mentioned above, although they feel he has progressed as the season has gone on and looks to have the raw talent. Ultimately can be hit or miss but will no doubt be a good player. As you say not nailed down a position yet either. They mainly rave about Luongo. Interestingly they don't rate Smith at all.

He signed on an 18 month contract in November 2013. So he's out of contract this summer and we would only have to pay compensation? So all in all it would be a bargain! Plus it would really piss off the Swindle lot so even more reason to do so!

To be fair, I think we all said Flint was crap after his first season with us. What a turnaround.

I want to see him captaining this team next season.

On a side note, this thread has REALLY rattled the inbreds up the road  :yes:  :clap:

They talk about arrogance and delusions of grandeur. After their antics in November. You can't make it up  :clapping:

I would be surprised if any Swindon players would contemplate signing for us after the slagging off we have given their club / area / families / friends and so on....

All thoroughly deserved by the way.....

I think a decent wage will overcome that. It always does.

What makes you say that is it your opinion or have you heard something?

It's a running joke, the poster Kachina has made up a lot of transfer rumours in the past. There's a classic on the OTIB classic thread if you want to have a look.

Anyway, why would we want an overweight looking transvestite when we already have Freeman and Smith who are much better?? :)

It's a running joke, the poster Kachina has made up a lot of transfer rumours in the past. There's a classic on the OTIB classic thread if you want to have a look.

Anyway, why would we want an overweight looking transvestite when we already have Freeman and Smith who are much better?? :)

ah yeah i realised the oke after id posted and yeah your right i wasnt that impressed with him to be honest

Archived