IGNORED

Redknapp On Cotts!

Tomo

My neighbour showed me an article this morning in one of the national newspapers (sorry I am not sure what paper it was!)

Harry said in so many words "Not sure why Steve has not really been given a chance in recent years, he is monster passionate about football, a tad arrogant and bulshy but a real winner - fair shout for BCFC. They gave him the opportunity and he delivered - Well Done Bristol City!"

Love it!

Being arrogant and a winner sort of comes hand in hand doesn't it? I'm not Harry's biggest fan but that really is SC in a nutshell.

Not sure I entirely agree that arrogance and being a winner goes hand in hand. Obviously you need a little bit of arrogance to be a football manager in charge of all those egos. But there are plenty of successful managers who clearly have strong winning mentalities but don't come across half as bad as Cotts. You gotta love him but he does come across badly to neutrals or opposition fans. Definitely arrogant and a bad loser.

Not sure I entirely agree that arrogance and being a winner goes hand in hand. Obviously you need a little bit of arrogance to be a football manager in charge of all those egos. But there are plenty of successful managers who clearly have strong winning mentalities but don't come across half as bad as Cotts. You gotta love him but he does come across badly to neutrals or opposition fans. Definitely arrogant and a bad loser.

oh I don't know Mourinho and Van Gaal have enough arrogance for the whole of the prem.

• Admin

I know the Sun gets a lot of stick (I've been known to give it some myself) but as far as I can see from the news search on Google, it is the only national that did a dedicated piece on us following Saturday's title win. The rest seem to be putting "oh Bristol City secured the title" in their L1 round-up sections.

Cotts has got some nice mates in football, good old arry ( i can ardly read or write guv + the dog fills in me tax forms, honest guv, trust me ) and of course the ever charming broad minded character that is malky mackay! Like attracting like maybe!

Tim, the guy has delivered our first title win in 60 years. We all know you don't like him, how about you give him a break for a week? Sound fair?

But don't you think that all managers come across like that? You only have to look on this forum to see how some feel about Mark Cooper, Karl Robinson, and Steve Evans, to name just three.

But don't you think that all managers come across like that? You only have to look on this forum to see how some feel about Mark Cooper, Karl Robinson, and Steve Evans, to name just three.

Yes, some do. But on the other hand...

Eddie Howe, Mick Mcarthy, Steve McClaren, Sean Dyche, David Moyes etc

I actually like Steve Evans just because he is hated so much by so many clubs, that alone is incredible so I have some sort of respect for him for that. Wouldnt want him near City though

Yes ian, i have got my opinion of ' good old cotts ' i may be in a minority of 1 but I'm still entitled to a opinion! And btw if you check my posting history i doubt very much if I've mentioned the bloke for well over a year so i hardly need to ' give him a break '

Perhaps a poor choice of timing just two days after he won us our first league title in sixty years.

Cotts has got some nice mates in football, good old arry ( i can ardly read or write guv + the dog fills in me tax forms, honest guv, trust me ) and of course the ever charming broad minded character that is malky mackay! Like attracting like maybe!

Dim Turd.

Interesting comment from Cott's on Made in Bristol tonight.

When asked if he would stay to finish the job, his reply was ' Dunno, up to the board and directors innit'.

No idea what he meant by that, pay rise or budget?

I'm sure Cotts knows that his stock is at its highest at the moment, and he's at his strongest in any negotiations he'll be having with the board/SL.

I'm sure Cotts knows that his stock is at its highest at the moment, and he's at his strongest in any negotiations he'll be having with the board/SL.

Should be kept 'in house' though JP. The fact he said it on the tele would worry me a bit even though it's a very minor cable channel.

Yes ian, i have got my opinion of ' good old cotts ' i may be in a minority of 1 but I'm still entitled to a opinion! And btw if you check my posting history i doubt very much if I've mentioned the bloke for well over a year so i hardly need to ' give him a break '

This is unreal, please refresh our memories as to why you don't like him?

I know the Sun gets a lot of stick (I've been known to give it some myself) but as far as I can see from the news search on Google, it is the only national that did a dedicated piece on us following Saturday's title win. The rest seem to be putting "oh Bristol City secured the title" in their L1 round-up sections.

Isn't one of the editors at the Sun still a Bristol City fan? That was the case around the time of play off final if I remember.

Yes, some do. But on the other hand...

Eddie Howe, Mick Mcarthy, Steve McClaren, Sean Dyche, David Moyes etc

Matter of taste really, I personally don't like McCarthy or McClaren, but I do like Cotterill.

Interesting that 3 out of 5 of your 'good guys' are ex- City players.

Has he not signed a 3 and a half year contract ?

I think you are reading something that isn't actually there.

Of course its down to the board if he stays or not.

Maybe I am Cynic but I would prefer it wasn't in the public domain.

Obviously, Cotts wants money / budget to spend but could this be the first signs of fractions between the 2? It just seems a strange thing to say on MIB (and on Sky as mentioned by Eric04) when everything in the City world is sunshine at the mo.

Archived