IGNORED

Redknapp On Cotts!

Tomo

Players like him ......hmm.... Maybe

Think they respect him in his prep, tactics etc and if you read some of Luke Aylings interviews thro season fear his wrath.

No one can or will ever be able to take away what he has done here to date but I've posted a few times, I do think it could go pear shaped in dressing room quite quickly if we took a nose dive

I'll say again - lots of people on here describe GJ as a 'dressing room bully'

Biggest / fiercest 'bully' in the dressing room ...

GJ or Cotts

Know who my money is on ;)

Let's hope it's never seen ! Onwards and upwards !

There is only one thing players want whether the Manager is seen as a bully or a soft touch and that is FAIRNESS. If Managers are fair then players generally play for them and will more readily accept being bollocked at half time/full time, benched or not in the matchday squad. When Managers rant and rave and players see it as over the top and not warranted that is when you get these "losing the dressing room scenario's". That was what probably blighted Johnson's latter time with us. It is up to Cotterill to ensure that his reactions with players is balanced.

Apparently Cotterill had the right hump after the defeat to Colchester and to be fair, when comparing the abilities of the two sides and the fact that the second half showed what we should have done to them had we turned up from the start, how could they complain about that? But the reaction of comfortably defeating Doncaster on their own patch a few days later suggests the players accepted the Manager's reaction.

Yes ian, i have got my opinion of ' good old cotts ' i may be in a minority of 1 but I'm still entitled to a opinion! And btw if you check my posting history i doubt very much if I've mentioned the bloke for well over a year so i hardly need to ' give him a break '

I'm not sure anyone would deny your right to your opinion. I fully support it and your right to post it on a forum of opinions.

However free speech can be a pain and I also fully support the right of other posters to equate your posts with a sad internet troll, who appears to be waiting for the day he can say I told you so....Which hasn't come!...Among other random comments as above!

Lots of people are very happy right now....Let's give the man some credit??....Go on you can do it!

I'm not sure anyone would deny your right to your opinion. I fully support it and your right to post it on a forum of opinions.

However free speech can be a pain and I also fully support the right of other posters to equate your posts with a sad internet troll, who appears to be waiting for the day he can say I told you so....Which hasn't come!...Among other random comments as above!

Lots of people are very happy right now....Let's give the man some credit??....Go on you can do it!

I salute you Sir for hitting the nail firmly on the head.

SC has brought us stability on the pitch and in return SL has given him stability in his job as a manager. Something he didn't have at Pompey by the sounds of it.

We as fans are in a win win situation. I look forward with real optimism to next season. Ground rebuild, a feeling of confidence all round the club at the moment.

Long may it continue. Dare I say it again. He's a perfect fit for our club.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-pompey-manager-who-has-gone-onto-success-1-6696721

Interesting read on his pompey days. Definitely a sense of feeling that Pompey should of gave him more time.

Cotterill wasn't sacked by Pompey. He was offered the Forest job and Forest had to pay compensation.

Didn't know he got rid of Matt Ritchie though.

Pompey were skint and still off-loading players at that time having been in and out of administration.  

Archived