IGNORED

Redknapp On Cotts!

Tomo

I actually like Steve Evans just because he is hated so much by so many clubs, that alone is incredible so I have some sort of respect for him for that. Wouldnt want him near City though

Being a convicted fraudster and looking at where Boston are now might have something to do with it.

Maybe I am Cynic but I would prefer it wasn't in the public domain.

Obviously, Cotts wants money / budget to spend but could this be the first signs of fractions between the 2? It just seems a strange thing to say on MIB (and on Sky as mentioned by Eric04) when everything in the City world is sunshine at the mo.

I think you're reading into it far too much. Sounds like what was meant was its up to them if they were to replace him at any given time.

Dim turd! And i chat some shit! Classy boys! What have i said that is factually incorrect? Anyway i was just expressing a opinion! Feel free to argue with me so articulately, I'll leave it now!

You are nothing but an attention seeking internet troll mate

"like attracting like" I believe you said.  What do you base this on? you say your entitled to an opinion...yes you are.  However at least have something to back up your opinion

Cotts has got some nice mates in football, good old arry ( i can ardly read or write guv + the dog fills in me tax forms, honest guv, trust me ) and of course the ever charming broad minded character that is malky mackay! Like attracting like maybe!

I feel so sorry for you. This year must of been horrible for you watching your team have so much success with a man you don't like in charge.

Yes ian, i have got my opinion of ' good old cotts ' i may be in a minority of 1 but I'm still entitled to a opinion! And btw if you check my posting history i doubt very much if I've mentioned the bloke for well over a year so i hardly need to ' give him a break '

You didn't post for over a year... so you couldn't of mentioned him!! You were sat in your little house in Whiteshill twiddling your thumbs waiting for 3/4/5 bad results so you can come on here and say... see I told you he was a rubbish manager.....

But wait No..... we haven't done that....... and you have just come creeping back when you thought everyone forgot about all the sh*t you were spouting about Mr Cotterill.....

Getting back on subject I do believe Cotts will have to temper his arrogance & his sour grapes in the championship. Other managers will look to exploit that & if on a bad run I think some of his after match comments will start to grate on some supporters. Hopefully we'll hit the ground running.

With respect...does it really matter what fans think of his arrogance and sour grapes?

How will other managers exploit that?

As long as he's doing a good job, what difference does it make to whether fans like his arrogance or not?

You don't employ someone because you like their character...you employ them to do the best job in hand. Wouldn't you agree?

Warnock wouldn't have had such a long career if that wasn't the case....

the most important thing is the players like him and buy into what he's doing, they look like they will run through brick walls for him,

I can't say that about the last two men at the helm but they also did that with johnson for a couple of years until he lost the dressing room,

I want SC to be here a long long time as it will mean we are in a sustain period of sucsess for a club our size,

Whether that happens remains to be seen but we should just enjoy the moment as it doesn't happen often

You know for definite that the players LIKE him?

They may do...but as you say, they have bought into his ideas and obviously respect him. It is probably the best team I've ever seen since Dicks days, of a team playing as one and enjoying it. Long may that continue.

I still think our Director of Recruitment KB, has had more influence on this, than many realise.

SC and Burt seem to have a great understanding...lets hope it continues in the same vein.

You know for definite that the players LIKE him?

They may do...but as you say, they have bought into his ideas and obviously respect him. It is probably the best team I've ever seen since Dicks days, of a team playing as one and enjoying it. Long may that continue.

I still think our Director of Recruitment KB, has had more influence on this, than many realise.

SC and Burt seem to have a great understanding...lets hope it continues in the same vein.

you only have to look at the interviews and celebrations to see that they like him and are a close nit unit,

SC would of chose the players he wants and KB would of gone out to get them, SC also employs the tactics sets up the team and tells them how to play,

I was chatting away to a former England international at the end of last year (yes, really!) and, as it does, the discussion came round to BCFC And Cotts...

Shall we say this particular fella was certainly not a fan of our manager, and painted a picture that there were not many in the game that were (clearly, Harry aside).

Now, at the moment, he can walk on water with the success he has brought us and, clearly, he is an exceptional football tactician as has been proved by the fact that he didn't get us to where we are with one team but two. Last years squad, that one he kept us up with, was vastly different to this one.

What gives me some concern is the bloke is on the edge during every game. He's literally abusing officials and players alike for 90 minutes. His blood pressure must be off the scale, but most worrying, he's like this when we have pissed the league and JPT. What the hell is he going to look like if we lose a few on the bounce??

In the grand scheme of things, I currently really don't give two sheets of ply as to whether he is a nice bloke or not. He's not managing me. We've lost plenty of games and suffered plenty of relegations with some lovely fellas and I, personally, am fed up with losing and being relegated.

If we'd have won the league playing the worst kind of hoofball imaginable I'd have been satisfied, but we didn't, we played the most attractive football in the division ( aside, of course, from Swindon, who are the most fluent footballing side in the world) and for this reason, I'm happy.

I just hope that when we do eventually start losing, and we do need to replace our manager ( which we will) then it is a) many years from now b) he's fired & it's not because he's had a heart attack and, most importantly c) every City fan remembers what an amazing contribution he made to this football club and us fans.

Arse or not, he's our arse...and I'm glad we've got him.

With respect...does it really matter what fans think of his arrogance and sour grapes?

How will other managers exploit that?

As long as he's doing a good job, what difference does it make to whether fans like his arrogance or not?

You don't employ someone because you like their character...you employ them to do the best job in hand. Wouldn't you agree?

Warnock wouldn't have had such a long career if that wasn't the case....

All I was saying is that our season didn't go to plan & we were struggling ( there's no reason we should) his reactions to defeats may not go down to well with opposition managers or some of our support. The answer? Keep winning!

you only have to look at the interviews and celebrations to see that they like him and are a close nit unit,

SC would of chose the players he wants and KB would of gone out to get them, SC also employs the tactics sets up the team and tells them how to play,

My understanding is that SC states the positions he wants filled and the KB gives him a short list from which SC selects in agreement with KB

My understanding is that SC states the positions he wants filled and the KB gives him a short list from which SC selects in agreement with KB

like a director of football should do, it frees up time for the manager to focus on the football side and the training,

Look at the improvements in Bryan, Flint and Fielding that has to have somthing to do with the standard of coaching they are recieving

All I was saying is that our season didn't go to plan & we were struggling ( there's no reason we should) his reactions to defeats may not go down to well with opposition managers or some of our support. The answer? Keep winning!

True...but in the greater picture...does it matter whether it goes down well or not with other managers, and some of our support?

Not really...

It's what he gets done on the pitch and not how he comes across in the media, that matters ;-)

I think you're reading into it far too much. Sounds like what was meant was its up to them if they were to replace him at any given time.

I agree.  Everyone knows managers have a limited shelf life.  Many more managers are sacked than leave for another club and I believe that this is all that Cotts was alluding to.

S'OD said 2 years ago when the 5 pillars were announced that he didn't necessarily expect to be here to see it come to fruition nad that someone else would probably be the one to benefit from the groundwork being laid there.  He wasn't wrong. 

Cotts inherited a very stable CLUB that just needed turning around on the pitch...and boy, hasn't he ever turned it around?!?

I agree. Everyone knows managers have a limited shelf life. Many more managers are sacked than leave for another club and I believe that this is all that Cotts was alluding to.

S'OD said 2 years ago when the 5 pillars were announced that he didn't necessarily expect to be here to see it come to fruition nad that someone else would probably be the one to benefit from the groundwork being laid there. He wasn't wrong.

Cotts inherited a very stable CLUB that just needed turning around on the pitch...and boy, hasn't he ever turned it around?!?

Nail head hit on.

I agree.  Everyone knows managers have a limited shelf life.  Many more managers are sacked than leave for another club and I believe that this is all that Cotts was alluding to.

S'OD said 2 years ago when the 5 pillars were announced that he didn't necessarily expect to be here to see it come to fruition nad that someone else would probably be the one to benefit from the groundwork being laid there.  He wasn't wrong. 

God I had almost forgot about this bloke :blink:

Players like him ......hmm.... Maybe

Think they respect him in his prep, tactics etc and if you read some of Luke Aylings interviews thro season fear his wrath.

No one can or will ever be able to take away what he has done here to date but I've posted a few times, I do think it could go pear shaped in dressing room quite quickly if we took a nose dive

I'll say again - lots of people on here describe GJ as a 'dressing room bully'

Biggest / fiercest 'bully' in the dressing room ...

GJ or Cotts

Know who my money is on ;)

Let's hope it's never seen ! Onwards and upwards !

Personally I never took to Gary Johnson. Sure we had some good times with him but I always thought he was either the flash cockney git wideboy type or the angry little man.

I like Steve Cotterill in interviews. Forthright, talks sense and doesn't mind having a pop. Top, top man.

Come on now, after Fleetwood away 'we should have been 6-0 up at half-time' - not the only quote like this, either.

I was chatting away to a former England international at the end of last year (yes, really!) and, as it does, the discussion came round to BCFC And Cotts...

Shall we say this particular fella was certainly not a fan of our manager, and painted a picture that there were not many in the game that were (clearly, Harry aside).

Now, at the moment, he can walk on water with the success he has brought us and, clearly, he is an exceptional football tactician as has been proved by the fact that he didn't get us to where we are with one team but two. Last years squad, that one he kept us up with, was vastly different to this one.

What gives me some concern is the bloke is on the edge during every game. He's literally abusing officials and players alike for 90 minutes. His blood pressure must be off the scale, but most worrying, he's like this when we have pissed the league and JPT. What the hell is he going to look like if we lose a few on the bounce??

In the grand scheme of things, I currently really don't give two sheets of ply as to whether he is a nice bloke or not. He's not managing me. We've lost plenty of games and suffered plenty of relegations with some lovely fellas and I, personally, am fed up with losing and being relegated.

If we'd have won the league playing the worst kind of hoofball imaginable I'd have been satisfied, but we didn't, we played the most attractive football in the division ( aside, of course, from Swindon, who are the most fluent footballing side in the world) and for this reason, I'm happy.

I just hope that when we do eventually start losing, and we do need to replace our manager ( which we will) then it is a) many years from now b) he's fired & it's not because he's had a heart attack and, most importantly c) every City fan remembers what an amazing contribution he made to this football club and us fans.

Well to flip this one on its head, I was chatting to a former Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton and Torquay player just after we appointed him.  Think it was a few days after we had just after we lost ....think it was the Rotherham game at home maybe? anyway...I wasnt keen on the Cotts appointment, and the was saying to this bloke I thought it was a mistake.  His response, I have never forgotton

"...no chance, great appoitment.  This bloke is well thought of in the football world and people want to work with him.  If he cant turn it around at City, no one can..."

Most successful managers in football are as you describe though aren't they ? i.e on the edge. Think it's called passion.

And by the way my blood pressure has been off the scale watching city for as long as I can remember.

Well to flip this one on its head, I was chatting to a former Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton and Torquay player just after we appointed him.  Think it was a few days after we had just after we lost ....think it was the Rotherham game at home maybe? anyway...I wasnt keen on the Cotts appointment, and the was saying to this bloke I thought it was a mistake.  His response, I have never forgotton

"...no chance, great appoitment.  This bloke is well thought of in the football world and people want to work with him.  If he cant turn it around at City, no one can..."

Wouldn't be a Bristolian who played for about twelve different clubs would he?

Archived