IGNORED

Chesterfield On Saturday

DT The Optimist

Looking forward to the game, got my ticket when they first came out thinking this would be the game when we would get promoted.  I got that wrong !

Point is, is it bit of a 'nothing' game now !  I mean we have got promoted, won the league,  whats at stake for us ! ;)

Will we relax and play like champions of League One, or will it be a real low key affair with Chesterfield needing a point to clinch that 6th spot.

All a bit strange.  Might be a bit of an anti climax after events of the last week or so

The final home game (Walsall)  will certainly be a different animal altogether with the presentation at the end etc, but this game..  hhhmmmm....... 

Not going now. Have had to fork out a lot of money on emergency repairs , can't afford the ticket and train fare for a meaningless game.

Can completely understand your pain.

Its been an expensive season.

Us doing well has meant me going to every away game possible, luckily for me a lot of the games have been up north, not so much next season, bit of a mixed bag really!

I don't think its pointless though, its the last away game of the season, for us exiles its our championship party, although Bradford was pretty special.

I understand that, as you are a longtime supporter, you deserve some respect, but I fear you might be asking for just a bit too much this time! 

:shifty:    You say that, BUT, at Bradford I was one of the first out after the game  (wanted to check that the coach hadn't made a swift departure)  an elderly gateman gave me a round of applause and said "Well played, lad"    I raised my hand in mock salute and replied, " Thanks, it was nothing !"  So it DOES happen.

Can completely understand your pain.

Its been an expensive season.

Us doing well has meant me going to every away game possible, luckily for me a lot of the games have been up north, not so much next season, bit of a mixed bag really!

I don't think its pointless though, its the last away game of the season, for us exiles its our championship party, although Bradford was pretty special.

Final game of the season for me also.

Quick question I've bought a ticket for the game which is getting taken up on the supporters coach. Do I pick it up from Chesterfields ticket office? Bit late booking normally have them sent to home address.

I've had the same thought; asked to collect the ticket (only bought it today) rather than get it posted, then thought I don't know where to collect it from- Mega Store (slightly inconvenient living in Sheffield!) , ticket office or coaches. Have emailed, will let you know what they say

I've had the same thought; asked to collect the ticket (only bought it today) rather than get it posted, then thought I don't know where to collect it from- Mega Store (slightly inconvenient living in Sheffield!) , ticket office or coaches. Have emailed, will let you know what they say

In the past if you select collection then the tickets are available from the club shop- Any which aren't then collected are then sent up for collection on the day. Where you collect them from is dependent on the other club but a lot of grounds tend to have a separate kiosk/window for away fans collection nowadays. 

In the past if you select collection then the tickets are available from the club shop- Any which aren't then collected are then sent up for collection on the day. Where you collect them from is dependent on the other club but a lot of grounds tend to have a separate kiosk/window for away fans collection nowadays.

This is what I'm assuming will happen. I've always either potd or had tickets delivered but didn't want to take a risk on the tickets getting to me in time in the post

:shifty:    You say that, BUT, at Bradford I was one of the first out after the game  (wanted to check that the coach hadn't made a swift departure)  an elderly gateman gave me a round of applause and said "Well played, lad"    I raised my hand in mock salute and replied, " Thanks, it was nothing !"  So it DOES happen.

I gave you a like earlier, but now I am curious.

You refer to 'an elderly gateman'.

With all due respect and all that, but, well.... 

:shifty: You say that, BUT, at Bradford I was one of the first out after the game (wanted to check that the coach hadn't made a swift departure)

And there we were Slarti thinking your premature departure was a combination of over-exuberance and old man's prostate issues....

Archived