IGNORED

Mobile Phone Upgrade

'Orns

Can't fault my HTC One M8. Obviously depends on your budget too as the M9 is now out.

Checked out the M9 as well mate. Can't remember what it was about it, but Xperia ticked more boxes for what I'll be using it for

Had a HTC a few years ago, that made the Samsung battery look unbreakable, which probably puts me off a bit

Must admit I went from the Galaxy S2 to the original HTC One, and I've stuck with HTC since, great phone. Samsung have the Super AMOLED screen which is nicer admittedly but HTC does everything else better. No idea about the Xperia but there was a reason I ruled it out, can't remember what it was, might have been the camera.

S6 has the best camera and video capability of any phone currently available. Including the iPhone. So if that's your number 1 requirement then you shouldn't look any further. It's a bit pricey though and I don't know what your budget is. You shouldn't let the issues with your S4 cloud you against Samsung totally, they do produce great electronic goods in general, phones included.

I own a nexus 5 so have no Samsung bias incidentally.

Edit: decent review https://youtu.be/Mhvv2-iCKao

S6 has the best camera and video capability of any phone currently available. Including the iPhone. So if that's your number 1 requirement then you shouldn't look any further. It's a bit pricey though and I don't know what your budget is. You shouldn't let the issues with your S4 cloud you against Samsung totally, they do produce great electronic goods in general, phones included.

I own a nexus 5 so have no Samsung bias incidentally.

Edit: decent review https://youtu.be/Mhvv2-iCKao

Thanks Cityboy, but I'm done with Samsung. The missus has the 5 and I'm not overly enamoured with that either

Xperia Z3 was delivered yesterday, need to get used to it over the weekend, but enjoying it so far....

• Admin

Woodsy, I own the original HTC One but of the phones currently on the market I think you have made a wise choice with the Z3. Camera is definitely a weak point on the HTC's and I'm really hoping Sony bring the Z4 to Europe in time for my own upgrade in November as I only know 1 Samsung owner who is happy with their handsets. If not I will look to LG or even Huawei.

Last time I upgraded my phone, I was very tempted to veer away from the the iPhone.

Have had a 3GS, 4G and then was due an upgrade. Looking at the common alternatives; HTC, Sony & Samsung phones, I had my mind set on a HTC for upgrade.

Called up my provider and was about to state the HTC handset and then I literally just said "the new iphone please"... Apple have worked their magic on me!

I'm more than happy with iPhones though, to be fair. Plus an upgrade is too easy. My new phone was set up in something like 20 mins max with everything my previous phone had.

I'll do my research when I'm next due an upgrade, though I'm pretty sure how it'll go!

Got the iPhone 6, the battery life is a vast improvement on the last few iPhones. Genuinely surprised.

Bet your handbag is handy.

I considered an iphone 6 but it was too big to fit in my pocket so I got iPhone 5 instead and it fits very comfortably in my pocket.

Battery life is poor though as most people know.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind the Edge? Dont know about anyone else but after a year or so of owninf a phone the sides become pretty roughed up. Not good news surely if that side is a screen.

It's a bit of a gimmick really. Doesn't add anything.

Last time I upgraded my phone, I was very tempted to veer away from the the iPhone.

Have had a 3GS, 4G and then was due an upgrade. Looking at the common alternatives; HTC, Sony & Samsung phones, I had my mind set on a HTC for upgrade.

Called up my provider and was about to state the HTC handset and then I literally just said "the new iphone please"... Apple have worked their magic on me!

I'm more than happy with iPhones though, to be fair. Plus an upgrade is too easy. My new phone was set up in something like 20 mins max with everything my previous phone had.

I'll do my research when I'm next due an upgrade, though I'm pretty sure how it'll go!

Android updates on about 10 minutes settings apps everything straight out of the box. Big fallacy that only Apple updates seamlessly.

I was getting really hacked off with the battery performance on my iPhone 4S and with the useless 'remedies' suggested by Apple 'Morons*'.

I got a replacement battery on eBay for about a tenner. It was a pig to fit but the improvement is spectacular.

* they are called 'Morons', aren't they?

Funnily enough I'm looking to upgrade later. I've had my iPhone 4S for well over 3 years now, I'm quite happy with it but the battery life is woeful!

I'm thinking of a change to Samsung but I'm too afraid to move from Apple. Any ideas people?

Woodsy, I own the original HTC One but of the phones currently on the market I think you have made a wise choice with the Z3. Camera is definitely a weak point on the HTC's and I'm really hoping Sony bring the Z4 to Europe in time for my own upgrade in November as I only know 1 Samsung owner who is happy with their handsets. If not I will look to LG or even Huawei.

I'm happy with my old but still good phone, Samsung Note 2. It's nice and big and I think I've had really good results from photos taken by it. Ive had it just over a year and tbh its the first phone ive kept that long, I get bored very quickly and always changed before now.

I've had 2 different Huawei phones in the past, and they are great phones. Both failed fairly quickly just out of guarantee though, randomly switching off and becoming unstable and unreliable, no matter what I did, eg factory reset etc. as I said great when new but the quality beneath the surface wasnt quite there, and I'm a 'careful owner.'

Funnily enough I'm looking to upgrade later. I've had my iPhone 4S for well over 3 years now, I'm quite happy with it but the battery life is woeful!

I'm thinking of a change to Samsung but I'm too afraid to move from Apple. Any ideas people?

Seriously, the iphone 6 is much better on battery life I promise.

Archived