IGNORED

Gary Johnson's Player Pledge At Cheltenham

MetzRed

Johnson got us 90 minutes away from the premier league. You don't get medals irva page in the history books.

You'll see us in the history books as double winners this season though.

In the same breath I'd say that SC and KB have left a legacy to go forward with, rather than the mess that GJ left behind, so far I prefer the job that SC has done abd what he has achieved.

Get back to watching the gas.

I'd have expected a far better jibe from you Rich.

Honestly, the quality of jibes and insults on here have deteriorated greatly in recent times. It's really disappointing. You lot need to up your game.....if you want to become graduate to become a master.

I'd have expected a far better jibe from you Rich.

Honestly, the quality of jibes and insults on here have deteriorated greatly in recent times. It's really disappointing. You lot need to up your game.....if you want to become graduate to become a master.

Nob off Ginge

Still amazes me how readily people stick the knife into the most successful City manager of a generation.

And he talks about GJ's arrogance....  :blink:  :facepalm:  

I wasn't sticking the knife in; I've got a lot of fond memories of Gary Johnson's tenure and he undoubtedly did a good job for a period of time but all managers have their strong points and weak points (I happen to think that the way he motivates players is his main quality but also his downfall) and i don't think it's very insightful to think of them as either 'good' or 'bad' without a little differentiation.

And if we were going to judge people based purely on league position then I'm sure we could all agree what a wonderful manager Phil Brown is. However, I don't think there are many who would agree with that.

I wasn't sticking the knife in; I've got a lot of fond memories of Gary Johnson's tenure and he undoubtedly did a good job for a period of time but all managers have their strong points and weak points (I happen to think that the way he motivates players is his main quality but also his downfall) and i don't think it's very insightful to think of them as either 'good' or 'bad' without a little differentiation.

And if we were going to judge people based purely on league position then I'm sure we could all agree what a wonderful manager Phil Brown is. However, I don't think there are many who would agree with that.

Some would say what you said about Phil brown about cotterill, especially at other clubs.

I wasn't sticking the knife in; I've got a lot of fond memories of Gary Johnson's tenure and he undoubtedly did a good job for a period of time but all managers have their strong points and weak points (I happen to think that the way he motivates players is his main quality but also his downfall) and i don't think it's very insightful to think of them as either 'good' or 'bad' without a little differentiation.

You also seem to overlooked taking Yeovil into football league, into L1 and in his second tenure into the Championship !!

Some bitter people on here when it comes to second most successful City Manager in last 60 yrs

You also seem to overlooked taking Yeovil into football league, into L1 and in his second tenure into the Championship !!

Some bitter people on here when it comes to second most successful City Manager in last 60 yrs

He's definitely on a downward spiral at the moment though. Took Yeovil from the Championship to League 1 would have taken them to League 2 if he was allowed to hang around and has now presided over Cheltenham Town losing their League status (although the "mental" appointment of Buckle was certainly the major cause of that).

I would recommend him to a lot of clubs. He would do a very well at a club like Plymouth who are managed by that sour numbskull, John Sheridan.

And they prob wouldn't have made it to Football League. Let alone Lge 1 , let alone Champ without him

And are you seriously blaming him for Cheltenhams relegation ??

No, not at all, it was an observation. Cheltenham's relegation, if you ask me, not even totally down to Cheltenham. Ronnie Moore has done a superb job at Hartlepool to lead them to safety after looking like they were dead and buried. Johnson was brought in at the 11th hour to try and pull something off. Sometimes you roll the dice and lose.

And they prob wouldn't have made it to Football League. Let alone Lge 1 , let alone Champ without him

And are you seriously blaming him for Cheltenhams relegation ??

If you re-read my post I think it is obvious who I am blaming for Cheltenham's relegation isn't it? Just making the point that he is on a downward run at the moment. Don't think I'm wrong on that?

Archived