IGNORED

David Cameron Is A Phoney Shock

The Bard

His speech writer actually put it into his speech that appeared on his prompter, which is why he read it, looked confused, bemused and carried on. I am sure his speech writer will be reminded that there is a time and place for humour, but all those calling Cameron out on this... seriously, doesn't need much of a non story for you to show you bile does it.

Nothing wrong with a politician supporting a club and making it known.

David Mellor even shagged in a Chelsea shirt.

Michael Foot loved Plymouth and I'm sure there were others.

It's the hypocrites like Cameron and Blair that get right up my nose. If a politician says he or she isn't interested, that's fine with me. Better than the tossers who pretend to an imaginary alliegence. Makes you wonder what else they're lying about...

His speech writer actually put it into his speech that appeared on his prompter, which is why he read it, looked confused, bemused and carried on. I am sure his speech writer will be reminded that there is a time and place for humour, but all those calling Cameron out on this... seriously, doesn't need much of a non story for you to show you bile does it.

That's not true.  Re-read the reports.  One Conservative press officer on Twitter said he suspected it was a speechwriter error but Cameron admitted it was an off the cuff remark that he'd come up with himself and the Conservatives have outright stated that the line wasn't in the prepared speech.    Nothing to do with a speechwriter at all.

Nothing wrong with a politician supporting a club and making it known.

David Mellor even shagged in a Chelsea shirt.

Michael Foot loved Plymouth and I'm sure there were others.

It's the hypocrites like Cameron and Blair that get right up my nose. If a politician says he or she isn't interested, that's fine with me. Better than the tossers who pretend to an imaginary alliegence. Makes you wonder what else they're lying about...

The Mellor sex in a football shirt thing was all made up by the Sun, although it's true he did decide to make it known he "supported Chelsea" at some stage in his adult life.

Childhood acquaintances from Swanage, Dorset, raised collective eyebrows that the football-hating, sports-phobic fatboy suddenly developing an interest in Chelsea once he was elected as an MP for a south-west London constituency.

The Mellor sex in a football shirt thing was all made up by the Sun, although it's true he did decide to make it known he "supported Chelsea" at some stage in his adult life.

Childhood acquaintances from Swanage, Dorset, raised collective eyebrows that the football-hating, sports-phobic fatboy suddenly developing an interest in Chelsea once he was elected as an MP for a south-west London constituency.

Am I right in thinking the Mellor story was actually one of Max Clifford's inventions?

And what's wrong with changing from villa to west amm,step up,at least milliband won't support the snp like he said until he needs to to get in power,then this will seem like tiddlywinks and it will be to late

Don't be naive.  The only reason the Tories are propagating the SNP line is because the SNP have stated they won't do a deal with the Conservatives.  There's no principle at all to it - if there was a hung parliament and the Conservatives thought a deal with the SNP was actually possible, they'd bite their hands off to remain in power.   As it is, they know the SNP may well have enough seats to be the only possible coalition partner for either party and won't work with them so they're basically pulling a dog in a manger trick.  But don't let that fool you into thinking that the Conservatives oppose the SNP on any kind of genuine principle - it's just that trashing them is their best route to power. 

Especially with the SNP pulling his strings.

The SNP won't be pulling the strings.

Even in the event of a hung parliament, the SNP have nowhere near as strong a hand as the right-wing newspapers want to make out.  They've already stated that they don't want the Conservatives in government and will vote through Labour's Queen's speech and budget in order to form a big enough block to stop Cameron getting into power.  The Scottish electorate would never forgive them if they reneged on this and let the Tories in.  They have nobody else they can support to get into power and Labour have no need to make any concessions to them because the SNP will find Labour's plans more palatable than another Conservative government.  When Miliband says he won't enter into a coalition with the SNP he's almost certainly telling the truth because there's no logical reason to enter a coalition or make concessions to someone when they're going to back you anyway.  The SNP won't be pulling the strings because they don't have a strong enough hand to do so.

God almigbty, what the fhck you lot.all on about?

Thesr ****z don't give tbe slightest bit.of interest in Football supporters other than to rule over certain legestlation and maximise economic growth. taking the piss to say the least.

Patronising wan kers.

Thesr ****z don't give tbe slightest bit.of interest in Football supporters other than to rule over certain legestlation and maximise economic growth. taking the piss to say the least.

Patronising wan kers.

Have you been drinking?

Patronising wan kers.

Are you Russell Brand?

Don't be naive.  The only reason the Tories are propagating the SNP line is because the SNP have stated they won't do a deal with the Conservatives.  There's no principle at all to it - if there was a hung parliament and the Conservatives thought a deal with the SNP was actually possible, they'd bite their hands off to remain in power.   As it is, they know the SNP may well have enough seats to be the only possible coalition partner for either party and won't work with them so they're basically pulling a dog in a manger trick.  But don't let that fool you into thinking that the Conservatives oppose the SNP on any kind of genuine principle - it's just that trashing them is their best route to power. 

Labour focus on what's best for their Party, the Conservatives focus on what's best for the UK.  Otherwise the Conservatives would have happily waved goodbye to the 40 left wing lunatic seats north of the border and we could have lived happily every after in a prosperous Conservative government in England.  

It is typical of Labour and their supporters to ignore the blindingly obvious.  The SNP want to take the anti-English resentment they have stirred (or more to the point brought into the political light) and replicate it as anti-Scottish resentment down in England.  That is the sole purpose of their party.  

If you like the United Kingdom then be cautious about voting Labour because it will very much be in jeopardy.  

Back to football, I'm surprised any politician, regardless of party would admit their allegiance to any team.  

Archived