IGNORED

Just When You Could Like Bryan Any More.....

Monkeh

I like Bryan. Articulate and we'll balanced young man that has a bit upstairs. I think he will have a big future.

I think he will be here 1 maybe 2 years and properly build his reputation and game then move on. And if he does I wish him all the best. Thouroughly likeable person and a good footballer to boot.

This is funny cos I was able to source a ticket for this bloke and phoned both the Mirror and the post on Friday last week to inform them and pass my details on.

It was also mentioned on the radio Bristol match broadcast that the Supporters Club and Trust had sorted him a ticket.

I guess the club decided it makes a better story that one of the players came to his rescue though. . .

This is funny cos I was able to source a ticket for this bloke and phoned both the Mirror and the post on Friday last week to inform them and pass my details on.

It was also mentioned on the radio Bristol match broadcast that the Supporters Club and Trust had sorted him a ticket.

I guess the club decided it makes a better story that one of the players came to his rescue though. . .

I thought in another article it said he'd been in Australia for decades rather than being a recent emigrant, but as a City fanatic you'd think he might keep in touch with the club via this forum and therefore be aware of the ticket situation.

One grouse from me re. the article on the OS.

Why refer to him as 'SpIller' in paragraph 3 and onwards rather than Mr. Spiller, or even Alec?

To me that's plain rude, and it's not the first time I've seen this in fan based articles. 

Great that he's going to see the match, and well done Joe, especially for not saying, ' I saw Spiller's article in the paper......' :whistle2:

I thought in another article it said he'd been in Australia for decades rather than being a recent emigrant, but as a City fanatic you'd think he might keep in touch with the club via this forum and therefore be aware of the ticket situation.

One grouse from me re. the article on the OS.

Why refer to him as 'SpIller' in paragraph 3 and onwards rather than Mr. Spiller, or even Alec?

To me that's plain rude, and it's not the first time I've seen this in fan based articles. 

Great that he's going to see the match, and well done Joe, especially for not saying, ' I saw Spiller's article in the paper......' :whistle2:

Because it's the style for referring to anyone... Cotterill, Bryan, etc.

Surely only for abbreviation if referring to someone in a sporting sense, playing, competing or managing. Sounds a bit rude otherwise.

And as for this fan, do I understand he now has two tickets?!

I was sure I remembered that. Adam Baker said on RB that Joe might have a ticket available but that the SCT had already sorted him with one.

Yep, I did hear that said on the radio when listening to the game in work as i remember the chap i work with (gas head) taking the pee

out it.

• Admin

First there was BS (Bull Shit) and then it became BS (Bristol Sport)

Then we had OS (Official Site) and now it's more OS (Official Shite)

Another article 'bending the truth' to what happened . . . . ?

But do the club want to see images of him locked outside trying to peer through gates covered with tarpaulin holding his Bristol Sport branded scarf in one hand and his plane tickets in the other, or do they spin some positive publicity from this...even if they didn't provide the ticket?

The bloke took chance and it paid off, but I think he always knew it would.

Archived