IGNORED

Joe Bryan transfer specualtion (Merged)

foghornred

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/everton-and-southampton-eye-move-for-21-year-old-defender/?

They all seem to be after young Joe and as 'one of our own ' do you think that he will go ?

I think that the pull of the Premier League is to big of a call to turn down as we can not match the wages of even a reserve team player.

If he were to be signed by Everton or Southampton this Summer, I think loaning him straight back to us for the season would be the best move for all parties. A season in the Championship will do Joe the world of good, and will only develop more as a player playing for us all the time, rather than being a 'Bertrand' understudy. 

I believe Joe will stay.It may be a big bit of wishful thinking but I reckon the combination of the fact he is a City fan and the success this season,combined with the team spirit and stadium rebuild will be enough to keep him here.I certainly hope so.

Slap a big price tag on him and see what the big clubs do. 21 year old, in PFA team of the year and a fantastic current player with even better potential. No reason why a big fee couldn't be attached to him.

Probably depends whether an agent gets inside his head or not.  If he is confident in his ability, career wise I would have thought a year in the Championship would be the best thing for him.  He has had just one full season proving himself at L1 level, a season in an ambitious Championship team would give him the opportunity to really shine and give him a much better pick of clubs in a years time - including us of course!

He may go, but career wise I wouldn't have thought it was great idea for him.

I think the majority of players in a similar situation would keep their options open and see how things look in January. Although they might not move then, as moving in January is a bit of a gamble, the thoughts will be in their heads about a more likely move at the end of the season.

Probably depends whether an agent gets inside his head or not.  If he is confident in his ability, career wise I would have thought a year in the Championship would be the best thing for him.  He has had just one full season proving himself at L1 level, a season in an ambitious Championship team would give him the opportunity to really shine and give him a much better pick of clubs in a years time - including us of course!

He may go, but career wise I wouldn't have thought it was great idea for him.

I think Southampton would be a very good move for him

I think Southampton would be a very good move for him

So does my younger brother, he watches City when he can and is a Southampton Season Ticket holder. I hope Joe Stays as we need young players of his calibre to get to the Prem and not tired out old Journeymen

Look, there will be interest in a few of our players, no doubt about it, but really unless they are going to put up seven figure sums we will not sell. At this time I don't worry and won't until news on any of this majorly picks up. A promoted team's players are always subject to silly season. On twitter for example Sunday night there was about 50 tweets from Derby, Hammers and WBA fans among others saying they should be/are going to be going after Flint. It's all hot air right now!

So does my younger brother, he watches City when he can and is a Southampton Season Ticket holder. I hope Joe Stays as we need young players of his calibre to get to the Prem and not tired out old Journeymen

Oh I certainly hope he stays or even Saints loan him back to us if he does go, But they are a club that certainly gives young British talent a chance unlike other teams notably the championsof England.

Interesting isn't it - last few poor seasons - silly season only concerned about incomers - no one would have wanted much from our lot. After great season we are so much more concerned with whose gonna snaffle our players. Incomers more impt than potential leavers of which there will I am sure be only one or two but hopefully none.

Archived