IGNORED

Kris Commons

How do you define 'past it' when he's Celtic's top scorer?

what, in a league that is about the standard of league 2 if you take Celtic out of the equation?.....He only has 9 league goals, for me personally, that doesn't represent that good a return....

Just don't see him cutting it if we want to be pushing on in the championship next year

He's scottish pfa player of the year, scored 28 goals in all comps and Leicestwr are interested, who are we now, Real Madrid?

Real Madrid? Pah, we are Bristol City - bigger than God

Sure I read that somewhere.....

PS - no thank you to Commons

His goalscoring record in the Championship a few years ago was very decent, people probably looked and wondered what we were doing signing Elliot at his age but he ran the show some days. I'm not sure if Commons will come to England but i'd like to bet if he does he would still be a top player in the Champ.

Gets to play in the Champions League every season so I doubt he'd want to drop down to the English championship. He'll be on top money as well.

That said, he's a decent player with a good goal scoring record and Cotterill likes experienced players in his squad so you never know.

Admittedly don't know how he's done recently as couldn't give two hoots about Scottish football but strikes me as a younger version of Pearson. So it's a no from me.

Where are the similarities with Pearson?

Both footballers ..... After that I'm struggling.

Admittedly don't know how he's done recently as couldn't give two hoots about Scottish football but strikes me as a younger version of Pearson. So it's a no from me.

Younger version of Pearson?!! One of the most absurd things I've read on here. I know you said you don't know how he's done recently, but a simple Google will tell you that in seconds. Completely different players.

For a start he's only a year younger than Pearson...

Secondly he's scored well over 100 goals more than Pearson throughout his career, including 32 last season. The most Pearson managed, in any season across his career was 6, which he achieved 12 years ago for Motherwell.

Commons is by far and away the superior player

Like I said I don't know much about him but left footed midfielder who has been much more successful in Scotland than in England. Both played for Derby.To be fair didn't realise his goal record was that good so that was one area that I was wrong to assume a similarity. Didn't say he was actually the same just that he reminded me of him. To say that it is one of the most absurd comments is a bit extreme. You should read more threads on this forum. Far more absurd comments made daily.

Archived