IGNORED

Kris Commons

Think we as a club are getting a bit paranoid with the whole 'dont sign over 30's' thing.. Lets not let the few wasters we have had in the past cloud our judgement.. Commons would be a very good addition. I would have nothing against us going out and getting players with Exp if the price etc is right, we have plenty of youth in the squad as it is.

Pirlo is a World Cup winner, Kris Commons's Celtic limped to the title against teams that the gas would fancy themselves against.

And he spells Chris with a K.

The point is you can't write anybody off because of their age. See Wilbraham.

Like I said I don't know much about him but left footed midfielder who has been much more successful in Scotland than in England. Both played for Derby.To be fair didn't realise his goal record was that good so that was one area that I was wrong to assume a similarity. Didn't say he was actually the same just that he reminded me of him. To say that it is one of the most absurd comments is a bit extreme. You should read more threads on this forum. Far more absurd comments made daily.

Maybe I was a bit harsh there, to me it just had the same feel about it as saying, for example 'We shouldn't sign Matt Smith, he's just a younger Ryan Taylor'

Agree with the above, my thinking is we signed Elliot to help us get out the league and we did that. Who's to day a touch of class like Commons couldnt propell us into the play offs or similar? Maybe worth a 2 year contract and the fact Cotterill likes him gives me hope of this type of signing.

what, in a league that is about the standard of league 2 if you take Celtic out of the equation?.....He only has 9 league goals, for me personally, that doesn't represent that good a return....

Just don't see him cutting it if we want to be pushing on in the championship next year

That'd make us conference if you take friendlies into account...

Scottish football is poor, I wouldn't say its League 2 level though, most of the clubs would probably be solid League 1 sides. But forgetting that, he's also scored goals in the Champions League and Europa League, and he was a proven quality Championship player before he joined Celtic. But no, let's ignore that because of course he won't be good enough for the Championship...

Derby have Johnnie Russell, Craig Bryson and Craig Forsyth who came from various levels of Scotland, Watford have Anya who is a great little player (I realise he's not from the scottish leagues and then there is Graham Dorrans who is on loan at Norwich from the baggies, it's not about generalising that everyone from a certain league is sh*t but rather about finding the ones that arn't, but then having to justify Kris Commons being a good footballer seems pretty daft, i thought it was well known.

^ Graham Dorrans, there's a player I'd love to see in a City shirt next season

No way on earth it happens, but on his day and at his level he is a very good footballer

I think he did fairly well with Norwich as well so they might be looking to follow it up whether or not they go up i suppose.

I think he did fairly well with Norwich as well so they might be looking to follow it up whether or not they go up i suppose.

Maybe, I just don't see him as a PL player, although I'd not argue with a PL manager if they were to disagree with me. I suspect they know better than I on that.....!

Christophe Berra at Ipswich and Tony Watt at Charlton, another couple of ex SPL players who sprung to mind, far from me to stick up for the SPL as i agree it's of a very poor standard, but some of those players are too good for that standard, we just got the ones who fitted right in  :sad26:

Derby have Johnnie Russell, Craig Bryson and Craig Forsyth who came from various levels of Scotland, Watford have Anya who is a great little player (I realise he's not from the scottish leagues and then there is Graham Dorrans who is on loan at Norwich from the baggies, it's not about generalising that everyone from a certain league is sh*t but rather about finding the ones that arn't, but then having to justify Kris Commons being a good footballer seems pretty daft, i thought it was well known.

Very true. That left back at Hull is also a very good player. Robertson?

Commons signed a new contract this season TFE, think the rumours of him being available this summer have been put to bed now.

Would be a very decent acquisition for us though. Can score or create a goal out of nothing in a second which is always a decent trait and works harder now then I've ever seen before. Ronny Deila really has brought out another side to him.

I would be loathe for Celtic to get rid of him.

Oh, and as I always say on here, there are certainly players in Scotland that would be worth purchasing, regardless of the overall league strength. Look at some of the bargains clubs have picked up north of the border.

Just a shame that our pathetic scouting of the recent past has given us a few burnt fingers and people aren't willing to look past it. The next James McCarthy, James McArthur, Robert Snodgrass or Andrew Robertson IS up there right now.

Archived