IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Robbored

Now that City are back in the Championship does anyone think he'd like to return home to Bristol?

He fits the bill. Experienced Championship player, good in the dressing room and a local boy. Two qualities that Cotterill values highly.

I was a big fan of Skuse when he was here but we've all moved on and I think it's best to keep it that way.

Kind of feel the same way, but think Skuse alongside Korey would be a very solid middle 2.

Hope not, genuinely hope we'd go for better quality.

Just to clarify - you do mean the ever present in the team that's in the playoffs, yeah? Just checking like...

That aside, I'm a big fan of the looking forwards concept not going back. It doesn't often work out well.

I was a big fan of Skuse when he was here but we've all moved on and I think it's best to keep it that way.

With Skuses experience in the Championship he's no doubt a better player now than when he was at City.

No chance, for one Mick McCarthy rates him highly and won't be keen to let him go. There's also a good chance he'll be playing in the Premier League next season.

1/4 ain't "a good chance".

In answer to the OP - no, I actually don't think he'd particularly fancy a move back plus we couldn't afford his wages.

Just to clarify - you do mean the ever present in the team that's in the playoffs, yeah? Just checking like...

That aside, I'm a big fan of the looking forwards concept not going back. It doesn't often work out well.

I think he's good in his own right, what I meant (but didn't expand on) was in our system.

I believe Korey is a better defensive minded player than him, Freeman a better creative player than him and pack a better all rounder with passing range.

I don't feel Skuse is an improvement. Would he add to the 'squad'? Yes.

First 11 in its current form? Not in my view.

To answer, no, I wouldn't go back, but it's beyond me how some people still can't accept Skuse was a very effective midfielder and that we easily could do better.

He is - by his own, successful and experienced manager's admission - the first name on his team sheet every week.

AND THEY FINISHED IN THE TOP SIX!!!!!

While I believe he'd be good alongside Smith, I reckon he's happy with how things are going at Ipswich, being in the play offs (potentially being a premier league player next season) and Ipswich fans rate him highly, compared to the mixed reaction he got here from fans.

Probably best for him that he doesn't.

The less cerebral might get on his back again.

I mean apart from being an ever present in a side that made the top six in The Championship what has he achieved since moving on ?

Probably best for him that he doesn't.

The less cerebral might get on his back again.

I mean apart from being an ever present in a side that made the top six in The Championship what has he achieved since moving on ?

Nominated for April Championship player of the month, most 'interceptions' of any player in the Championship this season (135), plaudits from ex-managers, and team mates.

Oh, and winning Ipswich's most improved player of the year, and goal of the season: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27359/skuse-misses-out-on-award

Now that City are back in the Championship does anyone think he'd like to return home to Bristol?

He fits the bill. Experienced Championship player, good in the dressing room and a local boy. Two qualities that Cotterill values highly.

Shut the door on the way out, he'd never get in the side!!

1/4 ain't "a good chance".

In answer to the OP - no, I actually don't think he'd particularly fancy a move back plus we couldn't afford his wages.

Couldn't afford them says who? Whats he going to be on there? Doubt its going to be masses more than what we could offer.

To answer, no, I wouldn't go back, but it's beyond me how some people still can't accept Skuse was a very effective midfielder and that we easily could do better.

He is - by his own, successful and experienced manager's admission - the first name on his team sheet every week.

AND THEY FINISHED IN THE TOP SIX!!!!!

He wasn't very effective for us... especially that final season, in fact he was dreadful and played an integral role in a garbage midfield.

Love the bloke.

Came on leaps and bounds with Gary J- don't you think?

Well, we have done better.

Freeman, Pack, and Smith are all much more effective than him.

No question of that.

That's just an opinion.

If none of them ever manages to play for a side that finishes sixth in The Championship will you still believe all three are "more effective" than him?

no I believe Korey will continue to develop and be a better player the cole ever was

Korey is a far better player already.

Whilst I liked Skuse, he would go missing in a number of games.

I don't recall a single game this season where Korey has gone missing.

That's just an opinion.

If none of them ever manages to play for a side that finishes sixth in The Championship will you still believe all three are "more effective" than him?

Korey smith has already gone one better than that

only a matter of time for the other two

stick that in yer pipe

Archived