IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Robbored

Now that City are back in the Championship does anyone think he'd like to return home to Bristol?

He fits the bill. Experienced Championship player, good in the dressing room and a local boy. Two qualities that Cotterill values highly.

He would certainly be a different club to have in the bag. As we don't currently have a midfielder who can pass sideways like him. So pos good to have him on the bench!

He would certainly be a different club to have in the bag. As we don't currently have a midfielder who can pass sideways like him. So pos good to have him on the bench!

"Club in the bag" - a Gary Johnson saying I hope I never hear again. Loosely translated as a player who has a poor all round game but is particularly good at something to the point they are effective as an impact sub!!

Korey smith has already gone one better than that

only a matter of time for the other two

stick that in yer pipe

I take it you mean season 2010/11? When Norwich finished second?

Smith started less than half their games that season, 19 in fact, that's not the same as being ever present is it?

"Club in the bag" - a Gary Johnson saying I hope I never hear again. Loosely translated as a player who has a poor all round game but is particularly good at something to the point they are effective as an impact sub!!

Yes I agree that just about sums up skuse!

Smith started less than half their games that season, 19 in fact, that's not the same as being ever present is it?

You seem to make out that Skuse played a major part in the Ipswich rise to sixth... Thats your opinion but could you answer this.

Why did Skuse year on year at City get worse to the point of being dreadful in his final season? Was it his limited ability or couldnt be bothered to play for the shirt?

He along with many players were a disgrace in the way they rolled over and allowed this club to spiral down (on the pitch) in an embarrasing way. His transformation at Ipswich with all these accolades he's receiving is astounding considering how bad he was here.

You seem to make out that Skuse played a major part in the Ipswich rise to sixth... Thats your opinion but could you answer this.

Why did Skuse year on year at City get worse to the point of being dreadful in his final season? Was it his limited ability or couldnt be bothered to play for the shirt?

He along with many players were a disgrace in the way they rolled over and allowed this club to spiral down (on the pich) in an embarrasing way. His transformation at Ipswich with all these accolades he's receiving considering how bad he was here.

Superb post, couldn't have said it better myself. He's exactly the sort of player I don't want at our club and was delighted when he and his colleagues moved on. 

One Team

From memory I thought Korey played a fair bit in the Norwich's promotion season so I looked it up.

According to Soccerbase -

The season Norwich got promoted to the Prem (2010/11) KS played 30 games (mainly at right back I may add).

Following season (2011/12) he went on loan to Championship Barnsley where he featured13 times.

I really rate Skuse, feel if he would have moved on earlier to a more settled club/team he would have been much more highly regarded. Did he have the drive for that? Who knows.

But would not have him back. Midfield is settled and controlling games, plus why would he even want to?

Hes better than Marlon Pack, not Korey Smith though, but somehow I dont think he'd come back...hes moved onwards and upwards, we couldnt afford him now.

Nice thought though, another local lad in the team.

his work ethic would fit in

his wages wouldnt

Wouldnt want Albert back either.

Did hear Anderson was supposedly looking for a new club....might be a punt worth looking at. MIGHT.

Amazing that the Skuse haters still dig their heals in and claim that he was crap for us and has had some miraculous transformation that has seen him suddenly become a good football player and do so well at Ipswich. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and in football they'll differ massively but it's no considence that Skuse was consistently selected by several managers at City and now by MM at Ipswich too. They rated him. Maybe you might actually be wrong about Skuse? He played largely for us during our downward spiral so obviously there are going to be more negative attitudes towards the players of that era than this one. That doesn't make him a bad player and it doesn't mean he didn't care because he was part of a relegated side.

I respect people have preferences on types of player and if Skuse wasn't your cup of tea, fine but don't embarrass yourself by repeatedly claiming he is or was useless because there are for more educated than you who would disagree.

It's clear from this post that I'm a Skuse fan but no I wouldn't be keen on having him back right now. Time to move on and look elsewhere, this is a new BCFC. Oh, and there's no way he'd leave Ipswich for us at the moment anyway.

Amazing that the Skuse haters still dig their heals in and claim that he was crap for us and has had some miraculous transformation that has seen him suddenly become a good football player and do so well at Ipswich. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and in football they'll differ massively but it's no considence that Skuse was consistently selected by several managers at City and now by MM at Ipswich too. They rated him. Maybe you might actually be wrong about Skuse? He played largely for us during our downward spiral so obviously there are going to be more negative attitudes towards the players of that era than this one. That doesn't make him a bad player and it doesn't mean he didn't care because he was part of a relegated side.

I respect people have preferences on types of player and if Skuse wasn't your cup of tea, fine but don't embarrass yourself by repeatedly claiming he is or was useless because there are for more educated than you who would disagree.

It's clear from this post that I'm a Skuse fan but no I wouldn't be keen on having him back right now. Time to move on and look elsewhere, this is a new BCFC. Oh, and there's no way he'd leave Ipswich for us at the moment anyway.

I'm sure if he wasnt a Bristolian or a product of a fairly average academy you would be on the same wavelength as the Skuse 'haters'.

I don't need to see them in a side that "finishes 6th in the table" (as if that means anything) to know that our current midfielders are much much more effective than Skuse ever was or is.

If we want a player to make short safe passes, never run with the ball at his feet, doesn't track back, and goes missing during games, then get Skuse back. He's very good at that.

Indeed, Skuse would be a backward step.

He along with many players were a disgrace in the way they rolled over and allowed this club to spiral down (on the pitch) in an embarrasing way. His transformation at Ipswich with all these accolades he's receiving is astounding considering how bad he was here.

Oh dear Oh dear. What an unpleasant post.

Where were you when Cole was putting in match winning/saving performances ( along with Carey) to keep us up under McInnes? When Cole played for the shirt when so few others did?

As for his final season when SOD took over: It was SOD who gave up- never was there a Manager more resigned to relegation and this was reflected in ALL of the players and certainly not just Cole. City had been getting worse and worse every season since the Hull play off. From top to bottom - every aspect of our failing club.

Can you not remember? Already?

Cole had been in the team that got promoted, that got one game from the Prem and then in a team packed with overpaid journeyman overseen by poor management culminating in the dreadfully dire SOD. Hardly a surprise that he looked as if he was going backwards- the entire club was. To say that Cole was a disgrace is wide of the mark and overlooks much of what he did do.

Everyone rolled over- the manager, the directors, the players and most of the fans. That's how bad it had got and that's why Cole went on to better things and has done so well at Ipswich. It must have been a relief for any players leaving City.

As for Carey v Smith. I prefer Smith as a player and he appears more consistent but put him in a club that's failing in the Championship,overseen by a clueless ineffectual manager and surround him with players that genuinely don't care and I wonder if he'd still look so good and play with such spirit.

Cole Skuse wasn't a great player but to say he was a disgrace for City is just plain stupid and very wrong.

Oh dear Oh dear. What an unpleasant post.

Where were you when Cole was putting in match winning/saving performances ( along with Carey) to keep us up under McInnes? When Cole played for the shirt when so few others did?

As for his final season when SOD took over: It was SOD who gave up- never was there a Manager more resigned to relegation and this was reflected in ALL of the players and certainly not just Cole. City had been getting worse and worse every season since the Hull play off. From top to bottom - every aspect of our failing club.

Can you not remember? Already?

Cole had been in the team that got promoted, that got one game from the Prem and then in a team packed with overpaid journeyman overseen by poor management culminating in the dreadfully dire SOD. Hardly a surprise that he looked as if he was going backwards- the entire club was. To say that Cole was a disgrace is wide of the mark and overlooks much of what he did do.

Everyone rolled over- the manager, the directors, the players and most of the fans. That's how bad it had got and that's why Cole went on to better things and has done so well at Ipswich. It must have been a relief for any players leaving City.

As for Carey v Smith. I prefer Smith as a player and he appears more consistent but put him in a club that's failing in the Championship,overseen by a clueless ineffectual manager and surround him with players that genuinely don't care and I wonder if he'd still look so good and play with such spirit.

Cole Skuse wasn't a great player but to say he was a disgrace for City is just plain stupid and very wrong.

Ummm I could find a few flaws with your argument... this has to be one of the worst posts I've read on here made worse by being too long. Nice to see you spin the last line as well... kudos

You say about his 'heroics' of keeping us up, I disagree.. Cisse was the stalwart and a class above who helped bail us out that season, when he left the midfield was lightweight.

So what about the shambles team who failed so abjectly against Reading at home and Blackpool away which cost Millen his job? Skuse and Carey were a part of that team and for you to say the club were on the decline anyway is a very poor argument in my book.

Another question, are you saying SOD gave up the minute he walked through the door? He was appointed end of December/January and collectively it seemed the team gave up after the October international break

Ummm I could find a few flaws with your argument... this has to be one of the worst posts I've read on here made worse by being too long. Nice to see you spin the last line as well... kudos

You say about his 'heroics' of keeping us up, I disagree.. Cisse was the stalwart and a class above who helped bail us out that season, when he left the midfield was lightweight.

So what about the shambles team who failed so abjectly against Reading at home and Blackpool away which cost Millen his job? Skuse and Carey were a part of that team and for you to say the club were on the decline anyway is a very poor argument in my book.

Another question, are you saying SOD gave up the minute he walked through the door? He was appointed end of December/January and collectively it seemed the team gave up after the October international break

Fair enough- we agree to disagree! 

Didn't mention heroics. Didn't say Sod gave up the minute he walked through the door and as for Millen and 'shambles'- he actually did quite well for us in that at least he kept us up after being handed a poison chalice. Cole Skuse was also part of a very successful team as well as a very poor one. That he has gone on to not only stay in the Championship but tothrive there tells me all I need to know about his ability- he could even make the Prem next season.

Pittman is another who divides opinion and yet he is now in the Premiership.

Fair enough- we agree to disagree! 

Didn't mention heroics. Didn't say Sod gave up the minute he walked through the door and as for Millen and 'shambles'- he actually did quite well for us in that at least he kept us up after being handed a poison chalice. Cole Skuse was also part of a very successful team as well as a very poor one. That he has gone on to not only stay in the Championship but tothrive there tells me all I need to know about his ability- he could even make the Prem next season.

Pittman is another who divides opinion and yet he is now in the Premier League.

To be fair I was actually saying that Millen (and yes he did a decent job) was left to hang by the players but yeah agree to disagree about Skuse.

Like you said Skuse and Pitman divides opinion between fans.

Disagree that pack is better. Skuse all day long. i think he would improve our team and squad but whether he is the right one is another thing. he would cost a lot and is not very young with a sell on value like freeman and smith.

Archived