IGNORED

Jet On Soccer Am This Morning

Jesus

That's up to his selection policy really, isn't it?

Yes it is. SC's formation, style and the pace with which we pressed and played wasn't suited to that we'd ever seen JET deliver (save perhaps that Donny game when he destroyed us.) Now there's an argument to say JET might do better at a higher level where he may find more time and space alongside superior players doing his dirty work. The interest I've heard he's generating I found very, very surprising, might work, but would be one hell of a gamble. Next season, like SC, I'll take a lower odds 'stayer' in the hope they'll consistently keep us in and winning games.

I can't remember it being as crass as it now is. Mind you, Helen Chamberlain must be in her sixties now. Unfortunately, she looks like she's in her seventies. And as for the completely talentless Max whatever his name is ...

Should replace her with one of the Skysports news beauties. I actually wouldn't that tells you how bad she is these days.

Should replace her with one of the Skysports news beauties. I actually wouldn't that tells you how bad she is these days.

Kate Abdo

(but definitely NOT the slim blonde one with that awful Scottish accent).

Not a dig at Scots by the way, it's her voice !

What was said about Botswana?

Lots of positivity from the club about how successful the trip was so surprising to learn that it wasn't enjoyed??

Didn't they stay in Rustenburg, South Africa ?

Rooney & co used the boredom there as an excuse for being so shit at the 2010 W.C.

I can't remember it being as crass as it now is. Mind you, Helen Chamberlain must be in her sixties now. Unfortunately, she looks like she's in her seventies. And as for the completely talentless Max whatever his name is ...

It's a tired show that hasn't changed and just keeps on recycling the same rubbish.

I took the meaning as they didn't 'enjoy' it in the sense that it was at times heartbreaking due to what they saw out there in the local communities. Not that they all hated their time out there. The way in which we started the season also would suggest their was no negative energy at all in the camp. 

I thought he said "I" didn't really enjoy it............not "we".

Yep, he did, just listened again. Perhaps he didn't enjoy it cause of how hard they were pushed. Can't imagine too many other reasons, strange why he'd not want to talk about it though

Was interesting comment, maybe not the trip we would led to believe

Well, it was well documented that there wasn't much to do in Botswana when the players weren't training - hence why a lot of team bonding took place. Maybe some individuals did find it boring and a chore, but it certainly only had positive effects on our season. I'm sure if anyone did feel that way, they were capable of putting up with a little period of boredom whilst getting their pre-season fitness regime done, especially after they met the kids in the orphanage etc and recognised what a privileged position they, and us, are in.

Was interesting comment, maybe not the trip we would led to believe

Perhaps we would have ended up with 124 points had we organised a friendly with Willem II instead!! But I would have taken 99 points in August. I feel sorry for the bloke, on thousands of pounds per week, and being "forced" to train hard to catch up on his fitness that was said by people within the club to be lower than the rest of the squad when he reported back.

Not having a pop at JET as he did produce for us at times this season but it seems to me that we have a number of amatuer journalists on here trying to twist a mundane statement made by him on a tv show.

He was way behind in fitness, anyone could see that.

SC warned him before the season started that he was going to work him hard, and he certainly needed it after reporting back overweight. He was probably doing extra work for a few weeks/months. 

And, if you were the Manager, would you risk, based on previous experience, half a million quid plus of your budget on a player who needs hard work putting in by your coaching staff to get him up to a basic level of professional football match fitness and therefore may not be useful to you until November?

Agree with it or not, you can see where Cotterill is coming from. He should be able to bring in one, possibly two, players for that kind of money who will give us nine months of end product, not five or six at a push.

And, if you were the Manager, would you risk, based on previous experience, half a million quid plus of your budget on a player who needs hard work putting in by your coaching staff to get him up to a basic level of professional football match fitness and therefore may not be useful to you until November?

Agree with it or not, you can see where Cotterill is coming from. He should be able to bring in one, possibly two, players for that kind of money who will give us nine months of end product, not five or six at a push.

It says a lot for City's staff if he really was not up to fitness by November. If, and that is an if you believe it.

I can see where Mr Cotterill is coming from tactically. He can bring in players who can play with their back to goal, compete for headers and run channels for much less than Jay Emmanuelle Thomas whose game is completely different. Your average Huff and puff doesn't measure up though.

It says a lot for City's staff if he really was not up to fitness by November. If, and that is an if you believe it.

I can see where Mr Cotterill is coming from tactically. He can bring in players who can play with their back to goal, compete for headers and run channels for much less than Jay Emmanuelle Thomas whose game is completely different. Your average Huff and puff doesn't measure up though.

Wasnt the staffs fault that he was unfit. Ridiculous thing to say

• Admin

Staff monitor players fitness from academy level upwards.

and not just during the season but during preseason too.

The bit I never understood if he returned unfit at the first day of training, why did it take so long to get fit?

Staff monitor players fitness from academy level upwards.

Not 24/7 they don't. As a professional athlete it's his responsibility to stay fit, eat the right foods and do the right things when he is away from the club.

If he wasn't doing that.....Not a lot the club can do apart from discipline him.

The fact the rest of the squad, for the whole season, were the fittest group of lads I've ever seen at City, says the staff had it spot on

Not 24/7 they don't. As a professional athlete it's his responsibility to stay fit, eat the right foods and do the right things when he is away from the club.

If he wasn't doing that.....Not lot the club can do apart from discipline him.

The fact the rest of the squad, for the whole season, were the fittest group of lads I've ever seen at City, says the staff had it spot on

It is nearly 24/7. Even the kids at ten are getting conditioning training. It is a basic for a anaerobic sport. maybe he was sitting out half speed, three quarter paced etc runs

Alternatively you can also have the view that Emmanulle Thomas's upturn in form was due to not being asked to adhere to a rigid formation in a 3 - 5-2, and being able to take up a more unorthodox floating ten /false nine role post December.

He leaves the club not due to work rate, end product [??], or fitness but due to being sacrificed for simple team shape.

It is nearly 24/7. Even the kids at ten are getting conditioning training. It is a basic for a anaerobic sport. maybe he was sitting out half speed, three quarter paced etc runs

Alternatively you can also have the view that Emmanulle Thomas's upturn in form was due to not being asked to adhere to a rigid formation in a 3 - 5-2, and being able to take up a more unorthodox floating ten /false nine role post December.

He leaves the club not due to work rate, end product [??], or fitness but due to being sacrificed for simple team shape.

At no point did JET play as a false nine!!! Not once.

Archived