IGNORED

Jet On Soccer Am This Morning

Jesus

Seeing as JET is a highly-paid professional athlete, I'm really not buying the argument that it's anybody else's responsibility but his to ensire that he's in an acceptable physical condition.

Nailed on that someone from here will do a SarahB and follow him to wherever he goes next.

Seeing as JET is a highly-paid professional athlete, I'm really not buying the argument that it's anybody else's responsibility but his to ensire that he's in an acceptable physical condition.

And it is the responsibility of BCFC employees to monitor that fitness. If his fitness was so unacceptable he would not have made the bench.

It was neither fitness, or form that saw Emmanuel Thomas dropped for Wembley as he stood Crewes defence on its head the week before - Sacrificed for a player of less technical ability / team pattern.

Any neutral watching that collection of goals will be asking why we aren't keeping him on. But in Cotterill I trust, no doubt he is confident of landing a player to fit better into the squad we have. I think it was time to go our different ways.

Something Jet said which hasn't been mentioned but was telling, was when he was asked about music or football he looked very torn between them both. He did say he was a professional footballer foremost and music could wait but I'm not sure if he has only just coming to that conclusion, or perhaps it has been said to him.

Any neutral watching that collection of goals will be asking why we aren't keeping him on. But in Cotterill I trust, no doubt he is confident of landing a player to fit better into the squad we have. I think it was time to go our different ways.

Something Jet said which hasn't been mentioned but was telling, was when he was asked about music or football he looked very torn between them both. He did say he was a professional footballer foremost and music could wait but I'm not sure if he has only just coming to that conclusion, or perhaps it has been said to him.

Completely.

Gutted JET is away now, but SC and the club (and JET too) have handled this very well, and I've little to no doubt that the gaffer and Burt will have a very good replacement lined up.

Onwards and upwards.

Completely.

Gutted JET is away now, but SC and the club (and JET too) have handled this very well, and I've little to no doubt that the gaffer and Burt will have a very good replacement lined up.

Onwards and upwards.

Yes, Cotterill is no fool. If he thought he could squeeze that extra bit more out of a Jet and make him suit us more then I'm sure he would have persuaded him to stay, better the player you know. Right now he has let a fans favourite leave (yes I know opinion on Jet is divided but on the whole he has more admirers than critics) so there are big boots to fill. I'm sure the replacement(s) will be an upgrade as such. Maybe not as exciting in the way Jet could be on his day, but more in tune with what we have.

And it is the responsibility of BCFC employees to monitor that fitness. If his fitness was so unacceptable he would not have made the bench.

It was neither fitness, or form that saw Emmanuel Thomas dropped for Wembley as he stood Crewes defence on its head the week before - Sacrificed for a player of less technical ability / team pattern.

Did we lose then? Or did Cotts get it absolutely right again?

JET leaving was a massive call on Cotts part.  The writting was on the wall all season.  He was in with a chance of staying once he hit some form with Matt Smith.  But did not do enough to encouage Cotts to hand out a new deal.  The City of old would of given a new 3 year deal.  Its a sign of the times.  He only wants playerds that fit into his style of play.  Jet does not fit. 

Did we lose then? Or did Cotts get it absolutely right again?

Won in second gear against a average team, that was later beaten 8- 2 with an XI including Emmanuel Thomas. Absolutely right is subjective there.

A point being made here is that Emmanuel Thomas is not being offered another contract because he is some unfit waster who plays when he feels like it.

I prefer another view.

JET leaving was a massive call on Cotts part.  The writting was on the wall all season.  He was in with a chance of staying once he hit some form with Matt Smith.  But did not do enough to encouage Cotts to hand out a new deal.  The City of old would of given a new 3 year deal.  Its a sign of the times.  He only wants playerds that fit into his style of play.  Jet does not fit. 

I'm not so sure it's a case of not fitting.

At Jets age, he needs to be playing regular first team football. If money were no object, then I'm sure Jet would have been offered a new contract.

But I'm sure SC would have told him that he couldn't gaurentee a start...and if so... Jet might have rejected it.

We can't afford 'luxury' anymore. We have to be competitive in all departments, with again a smallish squad of versatile players.

It's still gonna cost...and I'd love Jet to still be here, but you can see the logic in it.

I didn't realise he was a musician.  I thought he just talked in time to music.

Is it my imagination but did it not all 'kick off' in one of the games , possibly over Karleighs injury

Wonder whether he's referring to something around this

Seem to remember that Cotts called the players off the pitch before full time as there were a few opposition players trying to make a name for themselves. 

Seem to remember that Cotts called the players off the pitch before full time as there were a few opposition players trying to make a name for themselves.

Thought back to Botswana and Karleighs injury

Then I remembered how the players stuck together for one another and the fans at the County Tip and how JET and Karleigh seemed to be ' looking after each other ' at the tunnel in November and I can only guess what happened out there !!

Pure 2+2 = speculation of course !. ;)

Won in second gear against a average team, that was later beaten 8- 2 with an XI including Emmanuel Thomas. Absolutely right is subjective there.

A point being made here is that Emmanuel Thomas is not being offered another contract because he is some unfit waster who plays when he feels like it.

I prefer another view.

It is not subjective, it is historical! The team Cotts picked won the match convincingly. To argue otherwise is just plain stupid and only being used as a reason to criticize a manager who got everything right this season. Including the use of JET when he felt it was the right time to do so. Jet was not a footballing god, he was not even the best player in the team. He's gone, get over it.

Archived