IGNORED

"saw You Cry On The Tele"

James

"Saw You Cry On The Tele"  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Undeniably it'd be good for Bristol/quote]

I've heard this view voiced from a few people, Robin but Its always unsubstantiated. I don't intend to be rude but I've always considered it to be a glib and throwaway line.

Please enlighten me in what ways exactly will Bristol benefit from NLBR being promoted? Incidentally, by the same token I don't understand how City getting promoted is likewise " good for Bristol" - for sure, it's good for us who support them but for Bristol at large?

I've heard this view voiced from a few people, Robin but Its always unsubstantiated. I don't intend to be rude but I've always considered it to be a glib and throwaway line.

Please enlighten me in what ways exactly will Bristol benefit from NLBR being promoted? Incidentally, by the same token I don't understand how City getting promoted is likewise " good for Bristol" - for sure, it's good for us who support them but for Bristol at large?

Not rude at all. But it's simple. It encourages more kids to follow their local team than one of the Premier League elite. Which is only a good thing in my book. I'd rather Bristol had two thriving teams than two floundering ones. Look at Manchester, Liverpool, even Sheffield or Nottingham. They all make Bristol look like a footballing backwater in comparison.

I truly think Rovers ultimate death from a double Wembley/Sainsbury's blow, would not only rid us of ever having to talk about them again. But would also usher in Bristol Sport as being the sole sport provider for the city, strengthening our ascent. Did we really find that much time to laugh at the Gas when we were focused in the Championship last time? Not that it matters as they're likely to bloody go up anyway.

Not rude at all. But it's simple. It encourages more kids to follow their local team than one of the Premier League elite. Which is only a good thing in my book. I'd rather Bristol had two thriving teams than two floundering ones. Look at Manchester, Liverpool, even Sheffield or Nottingham. They all make Bristol look like a footballing backwater in comparison.

Thanks Robin. I appreciate your view however, I don't entirely agree. I accept your point that a thriving local football team will encourage kids to follow them rather than become a "plastic" follower of a team in a city which they've never visited and with which they have no affiliation. However, and maybe I'm splitting hairs, how is that "good for Bristol"?

I can see that what you describe is good for the local team which they support and perhaps for football in general but it contributes little to Bristol as a whole. Success for City or NLBR adds little or no wealth to the economy of Bristol. Most of the people without any interest in either team would expect to see little or no addition to their well-being as a resident of this fair city as a result of either team gaining success on the field. That's why I feel that the expression "it's good for Bristol" has no substance and is just a throwaway statement.

I do feel that Bristol suffers as a result of a relatively small football supporting population being split across two teams. I have never supported the view (and never will) that the two teams should merge into one however, somewhat perversely I recognise that were there only to be one team in the city to support, as in Newcastle or Norwich, then the remaining side may grow bigger and more profitable by being the only fish in the pond. Thus I believe that NLBR remaining in non-league can only be to the long-term benefit of Bristol City and for that reason, I sincerely hope that they get beaten by Grimsby and remain outside of the league structure for many years to come. It just comes down to survival of the fittest.

Ffs the sooner we get over Swindon the better, really starting to grind my gears now the obsession some have with em

The sags everytime, Swindon wern't even a rival up untill last November were they Jesus wept

Depends how old you are, I guess

But a choice of Swindle or R*vers to lose, that's no contest

This question is unfair and has got my head spinning, shame on you.

Would you rather fry your balls in hot oil, or pleasure yourself with a roll of sandpaper?

So many questions,sags or swindle,hot oil or sand paper,I just can't make my mind up.

Does anyone else think that even if the sags lose they'll just claim it as a moral victory of some sort,impossible for us to fathom but with thier warped sense of reality a real possibillity.

Usually I'd rather see the G*s lose but after this season, I'd love to see those cheating lowlifes from down the M4 suffer some Wembley tears.

Rovers up to L2? Wow big deal. Still two divisions below us. Plus more of a chance of playing them in cup comps with them also being in League Cup.

Leave Swindle in L1 then let them rot as their disappointment drags them down next season.

My dislike for Swindon this season has grown greatly! Whereas Rovers, I would actually quite like to see them back in the football league if I'm honest. It's not really much of a rivalry with them in non league football and sport in Bristol is weak as it is! Plus I have Preston, Norwich and Wycombe to win the play offs at 35/1

My dislike for Swindon this season has grown greatly! Whereas Rovers, I would actually quite like to see them back in the football league if I'm honest. It's not really much of a rivalry with them in non league football and sport in Bristol is weak as it is! Plus I have Preston, Norwich and Wycombe to win the play offs at 35/1

Sky Bet would've given you 50/1 on the bet mate! Any combination you wanted - hence my Boro/Swindle/Stevenage bet

Swindon. Rovers getting out of that league in the pray-offs will be underachievement in my eyes. I'm sure that they would've thought that they'd win it at the start of the season.

I can't believe any City fan would rather the G*s won

**** 'em

Plus I got Boro, Swindle & Stevenage at 50/1 to win the play offs....

Because I am a football fan and a fan of Bristol and a fan of Bristol City. 

For that reason, and if I have to choose, Swindle can rot in League 1 frankly.

We need Rovers back in league football.

I enjoyed the matches vs swindon this year so rovers.

Although I dont want rovers to stay down too long or we could be looking at a Bradford City/Park Avenue situation (arguably already have if we stay three leagues apart and havent played in the same division for  odd years)

Because I am a football fan and a fan of Bristol and a fan of Bristol City.

For that reason, and if I have to choose, Swindle can rot in League 1 frankly.

We need Rovers back in league football.

Please don't include me in that 'we'

Archived