IGNORED

Dilemma. The Wisdom Of Otib Sought Please

gl1

Before I moved to Gloucester I was born and bred in a Rovers heartland - Kingswood. As a result a fair few of my mates are of the Gas Persuasion.

Now, can i please ask the wisdom of the OTIB community to pour forth as I have a bit of a dilemma. My best mate, (I was best man at his wedding and he at mine) wants me to attend the Bananarama play off final with him. The guy he normally goes with is away and he has asked me if I would like to attend. He hasn't got his ticket yet (I have advised him not to leave it too late, as I am sure they will take upwards of 137,000)

Now do I:

A) Politely refuse, as I don't want to be in the same area as all that riff-raff (him excepted of course, he really is a top bloke)

B) Go, but say only if we go in the Neutral area

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum  Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I cannot guarantee I can muster this face though, and fear I will leap from my seat shouting 'Av That Irene' each time the Mariners score.

As I said he really is a great guy and is one of many, ok a few, ok, the ONLY Gash who is not a total T1T, but would appreciate the thoughts of our wonderful community.

I heard they will be playing the first half at Wembley, second at Olympic Stadium and if applicable extra time at Twickenham, penalties at the emirates and the trophy presentation at Stamford Bridge to try and accomodte as many of the 8 million rovers fans making the trip as possible.

Go for one of the Emirates knowing rovers world class 11 will romp it 40000-0

God I feel for you, what a dilemma. If you think it might affect your longstanding friendship you might have to go, but you are a better person than I as I'm sure I couldn't stomach it

Edit: Good point 29AR, if he was that good a mate he would know better than to ask.

Anyway, what's wrong with going to the match on his own?

Personally I'd have no desire to go to a rival's game (even though it's with a best mate) unless I was sitting in an area where I would be able to safely piss myself when they concede/lose/cry.

And if the worse happens, can you imagine how disgusting it would be to witness them in a state of frenzied delirium at the prospect of playing Accrington, Morecambe and York and acting like it's an achievement.

When 'we' led 1-0?

Spidey senses suggest this isn't on the level.

Re-read mate, I am WILLING TO practice the face, as if i were one of theirs and I was trying to blend in etc etc.

I am as Red as Tony Ben after an accident in the Red paint Dulux factory.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, looks like 'A'  doesnt it?

Whilst option A is the obvious one, there is a lot to be said for going in the neutral area and supporting the other team openly.

Make sure you take spare under-crackers with you though. I'd imagine they'll be moist from laughter when the blue few capitulate and throw the game away.

Did he come with you to Wembley or share the joyous occasion of us getting promotion, winning the league or lifting the trophy? If not why would you go and watch a tin pot park football final?

Not this time, but he came to the Cardiff tin-pot final with me.

Did he come with you to Wembley or share the joyous occasion of us getting promotion, winning the league or lifting the trophy? If not why would you go and watch a tin pot park football final?

Because when NLBR lose, he'll be on the ground, ready to take the piss and watch them punch horses?

Got

To

Be

A

Wind

Up

I can't even bring myself to darken their door when WE are playing those w@kers as my hard earned goes to fund their spiralling and uncontrollable debt.

Like others have said, if he was a true friend, he wouldn't have asked - I know I wouldn't!!

Had this dilemma for a couple of seconds last week when my Gas supporting brother-in-law asked me and the wife (his sister, staunch City fan) if we wanted to go with him.

Emphatic - f@ck-off - was the reply, not because of it being the Gas so much, been to a number of their games with my brothers and late dad, but because he's a knob!

When he was living near Bournemouth, I asked him if he wanted to join us when City played there one night. Met him in the "City" designated pub. Went for a last p*ss and saw he had a Gas shirt under his coat. He spent the whole match cheering Bournemouth.

If he is a good mate - go with him.... if he is a knob, tell him to stick it up his  .....!

After all, they are nothing to us!

Go and enjoy yourself, hope for a gas win. The sooner the gas are in the same division as us the better. Nothing better than local rivals battering it out and all the banter that goes with it. Just remember the atmosphere at the gate last year against the gas in the rear view mirror cup, I want that on a regular basis.

Go and enjoy yourself, hope for a gas win. The sooner the gas are in the same division as us the better. Nothing better than local rivals battering it out and all the banter that goes with it. Just remember the atmosphere at the gate last year against the gas in the rear view mirror cup, I want that on a regular basis.

Mods: in addition to the "Like" button, please could a "WTF?" button be added to the next version of the forum software?

Before I moved to Gloucester I was born and bred in a Rovers heartland - Kingswood. As a result a fair few of my mates are of the Gas Persuasion.

Now, can i please ask the wisdom of the OTIB community to pour forth as I have a bit of a dilemma. My best mate, (I was best man at his wedding and he at mine) wants me to attend the Bananarama play off final with him. The guy he normally goes with is away and he has asked me if I would like to attend. He hasn't got his ticket yet (I have advised him not to leave it too late, as I am sure they will take upwards of 137,000)

Now do I:

A) Politely refuse, as I don't want to be in the same area as all that riff-raff (him excepted of course, he really is a top bloke)

B) Go, but say only if we go in the Neutral area

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum  Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I cannot guarantee I can muster this face though, and fear I will leap from my seat shouting 'Av That Irene' each time the Mariners score.

As I said he really is a great guy and is one of many, ok a few, ok, the ONLY Gash who is not a total T1T, but would appreciate the thoughts of our wonderful community.

Being a North Bristol lad myself, a couple of my best mates are gas. There, I've said it. And I love 'em both to bits too. However, the idea of either of them inviting me to a Bristol Rovers game is as hilarious as it is downright ridiculous.

These days, when they mither on about how shite life is and how they they don't deserve to be where they are, I tend to stroke my chin and nod in what I hope to be a sympathetic manner. Although by contrast, back in the "will you ever beat the gas" era of the late 80s/early 90s, their pisstaking was unrelenting and quite merciless. I suppose it's that eternal inferiority complex and unrequited bitterness that's the difference between us. Whatever.

Anyway, in short, NO of course you're not going!

Archived