IGNORED

Dilemma. The Wisdom Of Otib Sought Please

gl1

I'm with those saying this is either a wind up or this guy's mate is on a wind up.

Personally; wild horses could not drag me there, let alone my best man.

Serious, not a wind up!!!!

Whole post was done tongue in cheek, but its a real dilemma!

My best mate when I was growing up was/is a sag - I was best man at his wedding and annihilated him with my speech.

My dear old Dad (RIP) and his Dad (RIP) were of the Blue persuasion too despite both growing up in Knowle (?!)

But despite the obvious banter that went on we all knew the boundaries, they never tried to make me go to Eastville/Trumpton and we respected (silently) the fact that emotions could run high.

Don't go to Wembley mate, you don't belong amongst 'them'...

Before I moved to Gloucester I was born and bred in a Rovers heartland - Kingswood. As a result a fair few of my mates are of the Gas Persuasion.

Now, can i please ask the wisdom of the OTIB community to pour forth as I have a bit of a dilemma. My best mate, (I was best man at his wedding and he at mine) wants me to attend the Bananarama play off final with him. The guy he normally goes with is away and he has asked me if I would like to attend. He hasn't got his ticket yet (I have advised him not to leave it too late, as I am sure they will take upwards of 137,000)

Now do I:

A) Politely refuse, as I don't want to be in the same area as all that riff-raff (him excepted of course, he really is a top bloke)

B) Go, but say only if we go in the Neutral area

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum  Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I cannot guarantee I can muster this face though, and fear I will leap from my seat shouting 'Av That Irene' each time the Mariners score.

As I said he really is a great guy and is one of many, ok a few, ok, the ONLY Gash who is not a total T1T, but would appreciate the thoughts of our wonderful community.

D) Go and sit in the Grimsby area. 

You might meet new friends from a fascinating, and very fish-orientated part of the world...

Tough one this....I'd really have to not go for fear of being violently sick on my best mate

i think you should go,eat shed loads of crap with lots of beans,drink gallons of cider then fart and belch the whole match.shouldnt have too many nearby when you accidently cheer another grimsby goal

• Admin

I wouldn't even have to ask the question, as there is no way I could go and watch them, not for any amount of friendship.

I'd even have to decline if Kylie phoned and asked me to accompany her, before spending a night in a hot tub together............

Why the **** would you go?

Seriously, who could honestly bring themselves to go and watch rovers?? I'm not being ott but i literally couldn't bring myself to do it.

Remember being at Bournemouth for a friendly a couple of years ago and a city fan on a stag do was a wearing a rovers shirt. I just remember thinking what a****. Id rather bleed out of my eyeballs.

I'm also of past North Bristol persuasion and my best mate/man was also a Rovers fan. I too took him apart in my best man speech as he did me re our football supporting loyalties.

I would find it an insult of the highest order if he even considered inviting me to Wembley.

Will be revitted to the TV though praying for a CodFish win with text phone at the ready. The Windass goal provided my mate with the best moment of his sad football life, but Sunday could provide the opportunity for some minor retribution. Come on you Codders.

Before I moved to Gloucester I was born and bred in a Rovers heartland - Kingswood. As a result a fair few of my mates are of the Gas Persuasion.

Now, can i please ask the wisdom of the OTIB community to pour forth as I have a bit of a dilemma. My best mate, (I was best man at his wedding and he at mine) wants me to attend the Bananarama play off final with him. The guy he normally goes with is away and he has asked me if I would like to attend. He hasn't got his ticket yet (I have advised him not to leave it too late, as I am sure they will take upwards of 137,000)

Now do I:

A) Politely refuse, as I don't want to be in the same area as all that riff-raff (him excepted of course, he really is a top bloke)

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I cannot guarantee I can muster this face though, and fear I will leap from my seat shouting 'Av That Irene' each time the Mariners score.

As I said he really is a great guy and is one of many, ok a few, ok, the ONLY Gash who is not a total T1T, but would appreciate the thoughts of our wonderful community.

I would go.

But camouflage myself from the Rovers fans with some leaves and twigs :)

Going to go a little against the tide here.

They are real long standing mates I assume. Its a football match, not signing up to the nazi party.

If you think you could stomach it, go if you want. Only you know how strongly you feel about the rivalry, we cannot answer that question for you. Will seeing the friends out weigh the other stuff?

....runs away.

What I can answer with 100% certainly, is if you do go, best not to say here you did!

Having been a city fan since the early 80's (who recently bought a season ticket for me and the boy .) I would rather stick pins in my eyes. Have plenty of friends that support them but actually going with them to watch in a game that doesn't involve us not a chance.

Having been a city fan since the early 80's (who recently bought a season ticket for me and the boy .) I would rather stick pins in my eyes. Have plenty of friends that support them but actually going with them to watch in a game that doesn't involve us not a chance.

I suppose what I was trying to say earlier, is its a slightly odd question to ask, as only the OP knows really how strongly he feels about 'them'. For me, it would be the 'that song' question. They are winning, and out it comes. Can he just inwardly smile and put it down as lesser than spending time with a mate? Would not be for me, but on here we are more passionate maybe than the average Joe.

In times of dilemma, I often consult the wisdom of Homer J. Simpson.

In this case I would go for the 'fake my own death' option to avoid any embarrassing attendance at a r*vers match.

Failing that, hire violent mobsters.

Else, option B.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Mp4HC09S0

....could be dangerous being a City fan stuck with a load of Gas heads all around you,, are you sure you'll be able to control your emotions 'wisdom' suggests its easy to lose the plot when confronted by dummies, and natural instincts kick in. :)

(or of course, no one would blame you if you took the opportunity to go along and get really stuck in ;) ... you could claim temporary insanity and there's not a court in the land who'd convict... Just being a City fan at a Gas game would be all the proof a judge would need.)

Now do I:

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I was lost after the 'would you LIKE to attend' bit.

Tell him to poke it and also tell him you'll enjoy every minute of the defeat on BT!!!

Why the **** would you go?

Seriously, who could honestly bring themselves to go and watch rovers?? I'm not being ott but i literally couldn't bring myself to do it.

Remember being at Bournemouth for a friendly a couple of years ago and a city fan on a stag do was a wearing a rovers shirt. I just remember thinking what a ****. Id rather bleed out of my eyeballs.

I remember one Boxing Day several years ago (many years actually, as the game was at Eastville) going to watch Rovers play at home to Wolves.

Marvellous entertainment: Wolves won 5-1 and, at 5-0 up, cheered (sarcastically) and applauded when Rovers scored.

Dilemma. Going would mean the horse punchers will have a shheeeed to blame for rioting and equine assault as it will be all your fault as you would represent the 5000 City in the Grimaby end. However not going would mean missing their misery. I say go and tell all the gory details when they lose. If they win keep your mouth shut!!!!

Let's just all hope your Mrs doesn't come from Swindon.

Funnily enough, now you come to mention it...

No. shes from Hanham. On meeting me, as well as finding a dashing, rich, successful, not to mention well hung man (not all of these statements are true) she has been educated in the way of all things City and has attended games with me for the last 15 years.

She now belts out all the words to 'My old Man Said be a Rovers Fan' with touching gusto...

Now do I:

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum  Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I to was born and bred in Kingswood and moved to Glos, I would do what I felt like doing, not what others think I should do.

Myself I would not pay to watch anyone bar us, but if he`s offering a free day out, why not.

Archived