IGNORED

Dilemma. The Wisdom Of Otib Sought Please

gl1

I remember one Boxing Day several years ago (many years actually, as the game was at Eastville) going to watch Rovers play at home to Wolves.

Marvellous entertainment: Wolves won 5-1 and, at 5-0 up, cheered (sarcastically) and applauded when Rovers scored.

That sounds admirable in hindsight, but i can't believe any city fan wakes up one morning and says "i think I'll watch Rovers today".

Baffling.

This is a fascinating debate and very relevant to my own dilemma.

I have a mate who's passion involves unspeakable activities with farmyard animals. He has been let down by his mate and has asked me to join him in a midnight raid down Smithers Farm this weekend.

He is a really good mate. Should I go, and will it be OK if I wear my city shirt?

Further to my previous comments. I guess you have been to Wembley recently with us, so you don't need to go for the experience so to speak. Tell him to man up and go on his own, I've been to matches on my own in the past, it's no big deal.

And as others have said, that bloody song would get me. No way could I sit amongst people belting out that dirge.

That sounds admirable in hindsight, but i can't believe any city fan wakes up one morning and says "i think I'll watch Rovers today".

Baffling.

Actually, it was precisely like that!

Boxing Day morning, my father and I simply decided to go and watch Rovers against Wolves, the obvious attraction being Wolves, who, if I remember correctly, had just been relegated or were pushing for promotion, or something like that.... 

Actually, it was precisely like that!

Boxing Day morning, my father and I simply decided to go and watch Rovers against Wolves, the obvious attraction being Wolves, who, if I remember correctly, had just been relegated or were pushing for promotion, or something like that....

How nice to watch Wolves stuffing someone else for a change :(

This is a fascinating debate and very relevant to my own dilemma.

I have a mate who's passion involves unspeakable activities with farmyard animals. He has been let down by his mate and has asked me to join him in a midnight raid down Smithers Farm this weekend.

He is a really good mate. Should I go, and will it be OK if I wear my city shirt?

Can't you just go with him to watch Cardiff City instead?

Being one of the few Gloucester based City fans on here I will keep an eye on all roads out of town on Saturday looking for GL1....this is not happening! Presuming the user name is a post code, at least I know where to start looking.....

Before I moved to Gloucester I was born and bred in a Rovers heartland - Kingswood. As a result a fair few of my mates are of the Gas Persuasion.

Now, can i please ask the wisdom of the OTIB community to pour forth as I have a bit of a dilemma. My best mate, (I was best man at his wedding and he at mine) wants me to attend the Bananarama play off final with him. The guy he normally goes with is away and he has asked me if I would like to attend. He hasn't got his ticket yet (I have advised him not to leave it too late, as I am sure they will take upwards of 137,000)

Now do I:

A) Politely refuse, as I don't want to be in the same area as all that riff-raff (him excepted of course, he really is a top bloke)

B) Go, but say only if we go in the Neutral area

C) Go with him and sit in will all the other scum  Rovers fans. I am willing to practice my 'oh my god, we've just let in a sixth goal and I am embarrassed cos all the others were singing Are You Watching Ashton Gate when we led one-nil, but have since naused it up and will have to spend another year in the Fifth League Bananarama ' whilst pointing their sixth finger at the camera.

I cannot guarantee I can muster this face though, and fear I will leap from my seat shouting 'Av That Irene' each time the Mariners score.

As I said he really is a great guy and is one of many, ok a few, ok, the ONLY Gash who is not a total T1T, but would appreciate the thoughts of our wonderful community.

I couldn't sit through that shite for all the tea in china , just seeing those blue and white quarters makes my blood boil .

After pondering over your dilema for the best part of a day i think i have the solution...

1...insist on travelling by car, thus avoiding to much contact with other sags ( motorbike ideally )

2...try to have beers in fish friendly pubs, thus avoiding to much contact with other sags

3...when it's time to leave the fish friendly pub for the match, pull the classic "just going for a piss" routine...

out the back door and run like hell to another fish friendly pub to spend the afternoon watching the game on the telly..

thus avoiding to much contact with other sags

4...After the game phone your mate and say you got lost or some other twaddle..dont matter cos you have just avoided

to much contact with the sags....jobs a good un ;)

Archived