IGNORED

Hull Newcastle Or Sunderland

Dredd

Who would you rather see join us in the Championship next season?

Newcastle/Sunderland has the makings of a cracking away day/weekend, but are likely to be big spending and already have very decent squads to compete.

Hull on the other hand might well afford us the chance of a few more points than the other two (not a given obviously but this is my opinion) and might be a bit less likely to bounce straight back up

First choice would be Newcastle. Every fan of theirs i've met has been up their own arse and thinks their club is far bigger than they actually are. I remember after the 2-2 draw at the gate a few years ago, a couple of their fans got funny with me when I dared to suggest that I was slightly dissapointed with a draw after being 2-0 up. They scoffed and said that a club like us should always be happy to take anything from their bastions of world football. I don't know where that attitude comes from, over the years they have only really been a yoyo club and when was the last time they won anything?

Second choice is Sunderland. Much more down to eath fans than Newcastle but we haven't played them for a long time and would be fresh opposition.

Hull would just be uninspiring but they are the ones who will likely drop.

First choice would be Newcastle. Every fan of theirs i've met has been up their own arse and thinks their club is far bigger than they actually are. I remember after the 2-2 draw at the gate a few years ago, a couple of their fans got funny with me when I dared to suggest that I was slightly dissapointed with a draw after being 2-0 up. They scoffed and said that a club like us should always be happy to take anything from their bastions of world football. I don't know where that attitude comes from, over the years they have only really been a yoyo club and when was the last time they won anything?

Second choice is Sunderland. Much more down to eath fans than Newcastle but we haven't played them for a long time and would be fresh opposition.

I remember once when Newcastle came down to Ashton Gate. I thought their fans (and there were loads of them) seemed like a decent bunch.

Let's face it, whichever of those teams comes down, they'll be straight back up within two seasons. Parachute payments have a lot to answer for.

I remember once when Newcastle came down to Ashton Gate. I thought their fans (and there were loads of them) seemed like a decent bunch.

Let's face it, whichever of those teams comes down, they'll be straight back up within two seasons. Parachute payments have a lot to answer for.

Parachute payments don't guarantee anything. Ask fans of Blackpool, Wigan, Portsmouth and Sheffield Utd. To name but a few.

It will be hull but I'd like to see Sunderland come down. Been to St James Park and I don't fancy walking up all them steps to get to the away end again :laughcont: and hull are just another boring team that we've played to many times...

Newcastle will likely be the most of a mess if they do slip up, as parachute payments or not, they seem to always be in one degree of chaos or another behind the scenes.

But cannot see Hull pulling off a win against Man United, even at home, and so reckon it'll be them in the Championship next year.

Will be interesting to see who replaces them from Middlesborough or Nowich too. Am I right in thinking Nowich will still have parachute payments next year? Or have I got my maths wrong?

Yeah that's right. Norwich were relegated last year.

Then I'd prefer them to go up, if only to have one less team with a bunch more money in their corner to face.

The fewer teams who can drop crazy money to build or reinforce their teams the better.

Agree with all the Newcastle comments.

My only visit to St James Park was back in 91 when Louis Donowa's winner against the blue few persuaded me to go to our next game.

It was a dreadful goalless draw played out in front of a crowd of barely 13,500 who spent the entire time slagging off Jim Smith, their manager of the time.

Pre Keegan (despite what Sky likes to keep saying, including that nauseating Shearer Barclays advert) the "best fans in the world" didn't even attend home games...

I see where you are coming from with the uninspiring nature of Hull.. i cannot think of a more dull prospect.

That said I would prefer whichever team we have the best chance of taking points from and that for me, is Hull.

if Newcastle go down the media will love them next year, they'll be the main focus for the tv coverage and everyone else will be expected to love them for gracing the league with their presence.

Slightly less so for Sunderland, but they won't give a toss about Hull, how dare little Hull venture into the Premier League.

totally agree.. I remember the game  when we were 2 nil up Maynard scored a cracker that game I believe. "bastions of world football"  I don't think so they are shyite and would be a cert 3 point at home next season. plus I I have not been to st james so I would like to tick this one off my grounds to visit list

Archived