IGNORED

De Gea / Bale

Just thought I'd get people's opinion on the rumoured deal that will see De Gea move to Real and Bale head in the other direction. What do people think of Bales Madrid performances? Is a move back to the Premier League what is right for him right now? Regarding De Gea, who could united realistically look to sign to fill his gloves, given their hit and miss record with keeper purchases in the past.

I think Bale hasn't done too badly, although admittedly I've only seen him on the Telly.

But his goal against Barca in the cup last season saw him at his absolute best, the strength and pace he showed were awesome.

And he notched in the Champions League final....I'd be bragging about that every night in the boozer if I'd done that!

Not sure his face fits over there though, he's got the ability but it seems (albeit from rumour) that the Madrid fans haven't really 'taken' to him.

So a swap with De Gea might be ideal for him.

After all our very own Flint scored more goals than Falcao and Di Maria combined this season so the Mancs need some help!

Plenty of great keepers out there that can do a job. Young keeper called Simone scuffet who will be very prominent in a few years. Man Utd need an injection of pace and players that will create and score goals as that's what they have missed. Bale, delay and Rooney with another striker will be unreal and would definitely make them a contender for the title.

From what I can see Bale has been told that Ronaldo is the main man and to get the ball to him as much as possible. This means he is not being so explosive in terms of individual runs and long range shots which is annoying the fans as he is not producing what he is capable of. imo he needs to leave in order to progress his career but don.t think he will go to Manure

As said above the media is gunning for Bale in spain right now and his confidence seems shot because of it. He hasn't settled in spain and still doesn't speak the language.

I think a move to the prem will be good for him and i can't see him anywhere else but utd.

All in all i think it is a good move for utd because Bale will make a bigger impact than De gea and they might even have a decent enough keeper on their books in Valdes.

In theory if United sort their defence out then they shouldn't need someone as good as De Gea. Although if they could get Cech that would be a cracking signing

Suspect Bale wants out of Madrid, clearly not enjoying it and I think he'll be back in the PL next season. Can only realistically see him at United, Man City or Chelsea.

As said above the media is gunning for Bale in spain right now and his confidence seems shot because of it. He hasn't settled in spain and still doesn't speak the language.

I think a move to the prem will be good for him and i can't see him anywhere else but utd.

All in all i think it is a good move for utd because Bale will make a bigger impact than De gea and they might even have a decent enough keeper on their books in Valdes.

This. Why look elsewhere when they can use Valdes? Cash in on De Gea, or rather swap him for Bale

I think that ManUre should look at getting Schmeichel in.  Not because he is especially good, but because, with their debt problems, it would save a lot of money in printing off new goalkeeper shirts.

It can't be a straight swap surely ?

If it was De Gea and 25m for Bale I would still see this a good deal for Man Utd. Yes De Gea is a good keeper but Bale is sensational. At times brilliant for Real, but has looked out of sorts end of the season, but I think it would be easier to replace De Gea than it would be to find someone of Bale's calibre.

If it was a straight swap I would be biting Madrids hands off.

The local rag over there has decided it doesn't like Bale. Once they start a vendetta against you then you are in trouble.

To be honest he was pretty much the only player who didn't go missing second half against juve. Unfortunately for him he missed a couple of relatively easy chances. They go in and he would be king of Madrid again. The fans over there are as fickle as they come.

He's done well, was fantastic last season. I read somewhere at the weekend that he's scored more goals and got more assists than our POTY Hazard....that's not bad?

As a foreigner, I think two years is about as much as you can handle at a club like Madrid, especially with the world record price tag

If I was United I'd be dropping De Gea off, Bale is that good. Valdes is a good keeper, and as someone else said - if they sort that awful defence out then they don't need a superstar in goal

Archived