IGNORED

De Gea / Bale

Kasper Schmeichel would be an excellent replacement for De Gea should he leave. Been out injured for a lot of this season but his technical ability combined with his presence and agility is fantastic.

Are you for real? ... I actually can't tell.

Personally I can't see the Bale/De Gea deal happening anyway as why would Real lose Bale for De Gea if they can get De Gea for free in a year anyway. 

I doubt that, Chelsea will spend big again they don't bother with bringing through youngsters.

They didn't bring through youth I agree, but I think we will start to see a shift from that. Now is when the academy should start paying dividends from all that investment. And to be fair it does seem to be to [ignoring poaching from other youth teams] : Zouma looks ready made to replace Terry, Courtois wasn't only a replacement for Cech he's an improvement, Loftus-Cheek seems to have a high-billing, then there's the 20 or so who are out on loan at the moment all over Europe but with big potential.

I agree with you in the past these players would be sold rather than feeding in to the first team. But after having to buy back Matic, after seeing De Bruyne go on to what he has, I think it's irked Abramovich and that's why he is seemingly dictating that he wants to see them producing their next team with Mourinho spearheading it.

Personally I can't see the Bale/De Gea deal happening anyway as why would Real lose Bale for De Gea if they can get De Gea for free in a year anyway. 

When you are effectively state sponsored money isn't the primary concern.

Awful for United. That guy is the reason they finished 4th won them so many points this the season.

Very much agree with this:  De Gea has been superb this season, despite playing behind revolving door CB pairings.

That said, if Valdes becomes a new Van der Sar, as opposed to a new Taibi, he can see out a few seasons before they get in a long term replacement.

If anything his stock has increased since joining Madrid so I don't see how United can justify paying a similar amount for him in a swap. What we can say is that Fergie's attempt to build a European dominating team will be over with the departure of De Gea, Ronaldo and the other crop of younger players being finished at that level. He knew how hard it was to do and I think typically of Man U they will just gun for the title instead of Europe next year.

If anything his stock has increased since joining Madrid so I don't see how United can justify paying a similar amount for him in a swap. What we can say is that Fergie's attempt to build a European dominating team will be over with the departure of De Gea, Ronaldo and the other crop of younger players being finished at that level. He knew how hard it was to do and I think typically of Man U they will just gun for the title instead of Europe next year.

guess they could throw in Di Maria if they wanted him back.

I'm only speaking in a hypothetical sense as that is what this thread is about. I don't think that it will be a swap, I think the most plausible scenario is that Real Madrid will just pay a fairly big transfer fee this summer for De Gea. That will leave United wanting another keeper (if they don't see Valdez as a number 1), in this case I think Schmeichel would be a good keeper for United to go after.

I'm only speaking in a hypothetical sense as that is what this thread is about. I don't think that it will be a swap, I think the most plausible scenario is that Real Madrid will just pay a fairly big transfer fee this summer for De Gea. That will leave United wanting another keeper (if they don't see Valdez as a number 1), in this case I think Schmeichel would be a good keeper for United to go after.

OK, well I wasn't sure if you were serious about the suggestion of Kasper Schmeichel as a replacement, because to me that is a fairly ridiculous suggestion. I'm not necessarily saying that because I don't think he's good enough (although I don't at all) but more because I would imagine he is no-where near Man Utd's radar.

It's a game of opinions I suppose.

Can genuinely see Man Utd making some crazy signings this summer.

Half expect bale, pogba, hummels, Clyne, cavani and muller to be bought along with another keeper unless they miraculously keep de gea.

Players on their way out likely to be van Persie, Falcao, rafael, Evans, di maria, hernandez, de gea, along with other fringe players.

Gonna be some wholesale changes which are needed if they are to challenge for title as they have almost gone stale

OK, well I wasn't sure if you were serious about the suggestion of Kasper Schmeichel as a replacement, because to me that is a fairly ridiculous suggestion. I'm not necessarily saying that because I don't think he's good enough (although I don't at all) but more because I would imagine he is no-where near Man Utd's radar.

It's a game of opinions I suppose.

That's fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion. I don't think they will go anywhere near him, simply suggesting I think he would be a goalkeeper who is able to make the step up and play for a 'top four side'.

Archived