IGNORED

Ian Holloway: Bristol Rovers And Bristol City 'need Each Other

iamalagerdrinker

yea I mean look how bad its been since they dropped out of the league,

We haven't played them in the league for 14 years soon to be 15 years, we don't need them we've moved on from them,

they on the other hand need us

Usual guff from him.

What he's learned now is to try and dress this horseshit up with the occasional slightly kind comment about us before reverting to his "we'd die for the Rovers shirt" "we were always underdogs" nonsense.

Of course the local print and sound media with their love of all things North of the river absolutely love this stuff.

We don't need Rovers, we aren't more successful if they are and anyone who still thinks he's a lovable "character" needs to get out more.

Nice of their fans to attack our futsal team at Reading services, too...

I saw his punditry after the game and he claimed "the council should step in".

Once a clown, always a clown.

Isn't it typical for a gas head to a) be entitled and b) suppose that others will gain through their proposal.

We, at City, have a lovely new stadium on the way. As much as Council support would have been appreciated, we have overcome it.

Secondly, footballingly, the sixth biggest catchment area is badly under achieving. Having two clubs is just degenerative.

Thirdly, I believe the imbeciles running them told Steve Lansdown to **** off as they didn't want a majority share holder.

Fourthly: apparently we are shitheads.

What a backward club, today was bad news for the city of Bristol.

I struggle to see how we need a team who literally offer nothing football wise.

They claim to be the people's club.

I didn't vote Tory but you can't un-punch a horse.

Was seriously hoping that their exit from the football league would spell the end for them.

Not to be, sadly.

I think the Rovers need to be back in the FL. - end of.

Holloway is obviously delighted but to say Bristol needs two FL club is utter bollox.

'the Rovers'?

For shame.

I think the Rovers need to be back in the FL. - end of.

Holloway is obviously delighted but to say Bristol needs two FL club is utter bollox.

Interesting way of referring to them.

For most City fans, they are 'Rovers'....to call them 'the Rovers' sounds very friendly/familiar. 

I'd rather Rovers were our 'main' competitive rivals, rather than looking across the M4 or up/down the M5 for rivals to pick at.

Although it was only JPT, when we played each other that night it was unreal. The atmosphere and passion was at its peak.

I see what Holloway was getting at and agree with him.

I saw his punditry after the game and he claimed "the council should step in".

Once a clown, always a clown.

Isn't it typical for a gas head to a) be entitled and b) suppose that others will gain through their proposal.

We, at City, have a lovely new stadium on the way. As much as Council support would have been appreciated, we have overcome it.

Secondly, footballingly, the sixth biggest catchment area is badly under achieving. Having two clubs is just degenerative.

Thirdly, I believe the imbeciles running them told Steve Lansdown to **** off as they didn't want a majority share holder.

Fourthly: apparently we are shitheads.

What a backward club, today was bad news for the city of Bristol.

Where's Jeremy Clarkson when you need him?

Is footballingly a word ?  

IT IS NOW!

They claim to be the people's club.

I didn't vote Tory but you can't un-punch a horse.

Was seriously hoping that their exit from the football league would spell the end for them.

Not to be, sadly.

Ive been sat here giggling at that for ages now  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

To say Bristol City need Bristol Rovers is seriously OTT but aside from that I didn't hear anything to disagree with. As an ex-player at Rovers in better times for them, he has every right to be pleased for the club that gave him his career. I am happy that both teams have contributed to raising the standard of football on both sides of the city and would be even more delighted if Bristol RFC get promoted to the Premier league in their game

I heard this from a sag today,said it was the best part of the day.nothing in the post about it,fact or fiction?

Wow - really? That was the best part of his day? What a****

Saw a few things about it on twitter last night, doesn't make it true, of course

Archived