IGNORED

Swindon Struggling

Interesting piece on the local news about Swindle's trip to Wembley on Sunday, some poor kid who thinks there's going to be "plenty of singing and noise", someone to do with the club who is hoping for 40,000 Swindon fans there and the obligatory toe curling bit where they ask people to shout shit like "C'MON SWINDON" at the camera.

Interesting piece on the local news about Swindle's trip to Wembley on Sunday, some poor kid who thinks there's going to be "plenty of singing and noise", someone to do with the club who is hoping for 40,000 Swindon fans there and the obligatory toe curling bit where they ask people to shout shit like "C'MON SWINDON" at the camera.

Was he any kin to Dopey Darrell ?

The kick off time may be perfect if you plan on spending the whole day in a boozer (which I do), but it's ridiculous if you've got young kids. It'll make for a very late night, a couple of people I know have said they'd have taken their family with them if it was earlier. Anyone that supports either side will be there, but the day trippers that usually make up the numbers clearly can't be bothered with the late KO and no trains for either us or Swindon

So things like One Direction concerts and other popular one off family entertainment events all start mid afternoon do they..?

No they don't. People make exceptions for special events.

I'm surprised that a club of Preston's size haven't sold more, although fully expect the final number to be around a respectable 30k.

Swindon fans should be charged more per ticket, owing to the higher proportion of body parts entering the ground per supporter.

This is the population for Preston taken from the Local Council website:

With a population of 131,900, Preston is growing both physically and in terms of profile. Now, the city's driving vision is to be the third city of the North West, after Manchester and Liverpool.

Add in South Ribble which is the other side of the river and the immediate area of Preston is close to 300,000

The big problem is the proximity of other football  clubs. Manchester and Liverpool only half an hour away. 10 miles to Barsteward Rovers, 17 to The Dingles and add in Bolton, Accrington, The Pie Eaters, Morecambe, Oldham and Bury and Lancashire is saturated with football clubs.

Obviously I didn't include the sand flicking donkey fiddlers as nobody in their right mind would choose  to voluntarily go to that hell hole

OK.

I've worked out the Barstewards and the Dingles, but who are the Pie Eaters? 

Fleetwood? Surely not.

If any team deserves to go up after how they've played this season via the pray offs its Preston, can't really argue too much for first and second, but Swindle in the championship makes me go weak at the knees.

Really not looking forward to this match.

Can see Swindon winning and all their incest fans getting all cocky again. Also cant stand the sight of majority of their players and their awful owner Lee Power.

However if they do lose it would be superb.

Can see Swindon winning and all their incest fans getting all cocky again. Also cant stand the sight of majority of their players and their awful owner Lee Power.

Ohhhh I do hope Preston win!!

Ohhhh I do hope Preston win!!

:yes::clap:

And what a lousy turnout, gappers took more, how embarrassing !

People are overstating this. The combined population of Preston and Swindon is significantly less than Bristol. If Preston took 24k then that's one in four of the town's population, with plenty of bigger clubs in the region competing for support. So it's actually a decent effort.

People are overstating this. The combined population of Preston and Swindon is significantly less than Bristol. If Preston took 24k then that's one in four of the town's population, with plenty of bigger clubs in the region competing for support. So it's actually a decent effort.

I WAS actually referring to Swindle .

Then add in Wiltshire for Swindle aswell then its probably more than the population of Bristol so still a poor turnout.

So you're adding the surrounding region in Swindon's case, but not ours, and you think that's a fair comparison?

Mind you, as of next season, there'll be two League teams in Bristol. I wonder how that will affect us?

Archived