IGNORED

Swindon Struggling

So you're adding the surrounding region in Swindon's case, but not ours, and you think that's a fair comparison?

In Somerset we have to compete with Yeovil and Rovers' millions. In Wilts technically Swindon have no one to compete with but still dont get the full support, so yes they are poorly supported.

In Somerset we have to compete with Yeovil and Rovers' millions. In Wilts technically Swindon have no one to compete with but still dont get the full support, so yes they are poorly supported.

Cheltenham and Oxford are as close to Swindon as Yeovil is to Bristol, and Reading is not much further.

To be honest I don't know why we crow about attendances ourselves. A city the size of Bristol and even when we were pushing for the Prem we were averaging 16k.

Cheltenham and Oxford are as close to Swindon as Yeovil is to Bristol, and Reading is not much further.

To be honest I don't know why we crow about attendances ourselves. A city the size of Bristol and even when we were pushing for the Prem we were averaging 16k.

The biggest problem with the West in general is its Rugby Country and mainly glory hunting Football supporters.

Hard to believe, I know, but Beirut used to be a popular holiday destination for the seriously rich. Unlike Blackpool.

As did Teheran.

Sunbathe in the morning, a bit of skiing in the afternoon and back down from the mountains for a nice sundowner before dinner.

How the world has changed.

As did Teheran.

Sunbathe in the morning, a bit of skiing in the afternoon and back down from the mountains for a nice sundowner before dinner.

How the world has changed.

Did similar pre the revolution when in the RAF Bahrain. Tehran was a very swish place, but felt the bad vibe with the population wanting change.

Be careful what you wish for?

Hard to believe, I know, but Beirut used to be a popular holiday destination for the seriously rich. Unlike Blackpool.

Parts of the city are totally unaffected by past conflicts and are very beautiful.

In terms of visiting, it's like Northern Ireland was in the 80s. OK if you know the rules.

Sorry, I'm on your case again. We averaged 16.5k, in a stadium that effectively held 18.5k due to segregation, with many seats having restricted views and virtually impossible to by two seats together. We could hardly have got more in the latter stages, because of that situation. It takes a long period of sustained success to build up your supporter base. We have never had a period of sustained success in our existence. Swindon and Preston have both won more than our club and in many ways have been higher profile in the national media, yet we consistently get higher attendances than both and share our city with an irritating competitor for fans/customers.  

I believe the foundations for sustained success have been and are being laid, enjoy the ride.

Sorry, I'm on your case again. We averaged 16.5k, in a stadium that effectively held 18.5k due to segregation, with many seats having restricted views and virtually impossible to by two seats together. We could hardly have got more in the latter stages, because of that situation. It takes a long period of sustained success to build up your supporter base. We have never had a period of sustained success in our existence. Swindon and Preston have both won more than our club and in many ways have been higher profile in the national media, yet we consistently get higher attendances than both and share our city with an irritating competitor for fans/customers.

I believe the foundations for sustained success have been and are being laid, enjoy the ride.

I don't actually disagree with anything you say there! I agree it takes time to build a fanbase and certainly there is potential for us to become a much bigger, better supported club. It's just the way some on here talk about others attendances, it's as if we get 30k every week. Like I said, right now in 2015, we don't really have that much to crow about when it comes to attendances.

Sorry, I'm on your case again. We averaged 16.5k, in a stadium that effectively held 18.5k due to segregation, with many seats having restricted views and virtually impossible to by two seats together. We could hardly have got more in the latter stages, because of that situation. It takes a long period of sustained success to build up your supporter base. We have never had a period of sustained success in our existence. Swindon and Preston have both won more than our club and in many ways have been higher profile in the national media, yet we consistently get higher attendances than both and share our city with an irritating competitor for fans/customers.

This coming season is in many ways, much more important than the one just finished.

We have gained promotion from the third tier, six times since 1945, but on only one occasion have we not suffered a relegation some time later. That was in 1976 when we got to the First Division. But even that promotion took ten years to achieve, with many of those years spent fighting relegation battles.

So, the next two or three seasons, could define our future status for many years to come. A season sniffing around the playoffs, with some decent progress in FL and FA Cups, with full houses at 16,500 will provide the springboard.

Only with that, will we have a hope of filling 27,000 seats and to keep that number interested, we'll need to be achievers rather than also fans!

An exciting time? Or another false dawn? Who knows?

This coming season is in many ways, much more important than the one just finished.

We have gained promotion from the third tier, six times since 1945, but on only one occasion have we not suffered a relegation some time later. That was in 1976 when we got to the First Division. But even that promotion took ten years to achieve, with many of those years spent fighting relegation battles.

So, the next two or three seasons, could define our future status for many years to come. A season sniffing around the playoffs, with some decent progress in FL and FA Cups, with full houses at 16,500 will provide the springboard.

Only with that, will we have a hope of filling 27,000 seats and to keep that number interested, we'll need to be achievers rather than also fans!

An exciting time? Or another false dawn? Who knows?

If you can't allow yourself to be excited about the future at this particular moment in time, then you may as well pack it all in and go shopping with the mrs on Saturday afternoons instead.

Of course, non of us know what the future holds, but if you can't be excited now then you never will be.

If you can't allow yourself to be excited about the future at this particular moment in time, then you may as well pack it all in and go shopping with the mrs on Saturday afternoons instead.

Of course, non of us know what the future holds, but if you can't be excited now then you never will be.

Yes, I am excited about what may happen over the next two to five years. But as nothing is guaranteed, I know from bitter experience over sixty five years that what we all want, may not happen.

I'm Preston... Came on here after reading their forum, which mentioned that you were all laughing at ticket sales for Sunday. Thought I'd point out why they are low, but clearly I'm not welcome...

Youre more than welcome...watching youse demolish Swindle cheered me up NO END.....you lot deserved to go up anyways. Pity the Dongs went up auto, was hoping you would get auto and Sheff U stuff Swindle in the final, but you more than adequately filled the boots.

Archived