IGNORED

Screw The Mayor

Hopesy38

Anyone who fancies being Mayor only needs to remove 20 mph zones and RPZ's to win.

But who would want to take it up? The amount of budget he has committed in schemes like these and longer term projects which post date his term makes some of his bonkers ideas almost on the verge of irrevocable.

Problem is and I said this before the majority of us are affected by his idiotic schemes (working in central Bristol) but we don't actually live here so can't vote the **** out.. (live in S Glos)

People of Bristol I urge you to do what is right!

Problem is and I said this before the majority of us are affected by his idiotic schemes (working in central Bristol) but we don't actually live here so can't vote the **** out.. (live in S Glos)

Indeed ojjy. It seems his whole intention is to create a virtual wall around the city of Bristol and to keep people from coming in.

In the interest of balance he has done well in some areas. I do believe he gave the arena traction, he has represented the city well on occasions and, I don't think many appreciate this, but if you are a homeowner around Ashton I think his legacy will serve you extremely well.

In spite of all that I cannot think how he could possibly win my vote however.

Think a City Fan block vote for the strongest opponent in the next election makes sense

Shouldn't be too hard to get the word around

Bye bye Clown

I reckon i could do that job. Been known to get up on a soap box and make an innocent fool of myself by wearing my heart on my sleeve and apparently some folk think i write a fairly reasonable match day thread... As long as i promise to keep that going... Assuming i have not upset too many with the gas nonsense... And as long as the pay is extremely decent i would consider putting my self forward. The commute is a bit long but i will cope with that.

We need to Take away the power from the ego driven ,power crazy idiot - that's what will hurt

Leave him with just his 'popularity' to continue with

He was on the radio the other day discussing the idea of him becoming a regional mayor / overlord by the way, all you in surrounding towns and areas !!!

whats that then, round him up, tar and feather him and then string him upside down from a lampost?

ok by me

a bit of info on our delightful mayor.

i go through the St Pauls tunnels most nights on my bike, the graffitti artists have been painting brilliant images / murals for a couple of years down there, they are down there most evenings putting up new stuff - its out of the way and makes the roundabout and the cyclepath tunnels look OK.

the other night I saw 2 coppers nicking one of these artists, so I stopped and asked why - the younger copper was a **** and threatened me, telling me to move on or else, but his colleague was more reasonable and we had a good chat wherein he told me that the Police have been told specificlly by the mayor to arrest and charge graffitti artists - he's set up a graffitti unit to do this. I pointed out how stupid that was as this particular area is out of the way and apart from hurting no-one - it improves the area. They would only go elsewhere and do stuff in places where there would be problems.  He agreed, and said that it was 100% 'from the mayor'

I challenged Ferguson on twitter on this. he denied he had said this - i quoted the copper in the conversation, and told him what a hypocrite he was for having garffitti artists paint his penthouse in Southville, then instruct them to nick other artists - he then claimed he has banned tagging only and NOT graffitti artists - I pointed out the guy who was nicked was not tagging, but painting a mural - he claimed he would 'look into it'

He says one thing and does another - he's just a fraud and the quicker he's removed and we have a mayor who acts for Bristol and not his own interests,and those of his mates,  the better

oh, and this http://thebristolian.net/tag/alice-ferguson/

Archived