IGNORED

Rugby Culture Shock

Fatalist

I really hope this doesn't turn into (yet) another rugby bashing thread

It's a great game. Yes the atmosphere is different to football, yes the fans give the kicker some respect when he's taking a penalty, yes the fans sit together, yes it can be a bit stop start. Big deal. If you don't like it, don't go, don't watch it - if you don't understand it, or like it, or appreciate it by now, the chances are you won't

I can't stand tennis. Therefore I don't watch it

Working in Malvern I have some very happy locals here this morning. Surely Bris aren't going to screw up the play offs again, are they??

I don't like rugby, don't watch it, don't understand it or appreciate it.

Funnily enough, I also don't like rugby threads on a forum specifically for football related topics.

Funnily enough, I also don't like rugby threads on a forum specifically for football related topics.

Here's a thought, fella

Don't click onto a thread that is obviously about rugby then. Simple, but effective

Then why do you click on them, knowing they upset you, read other people's comments and the quote one saying how you don't like any of it.

Strange.

Then why do you click on them, knowing they upset you, read other people's comments and the quote one saying how you don't like any of it.

Strange.

Because I like to wind up rugby fans

I didn't post it, sweetheart

If you'd like to talk cricket, I've just started a thread on the non-football forum

Cricket bores me more than rugby sweetcheeks. Any "sport" where you stop for tea or when it starts raining is not for me

Because I like to wind up rugby fans

Cricket bores me more than rugby sweetcheeks. Any "sport" where you stop for tea or when it starts raining is not for me

Wonderful, feel free to ignore the thread then. Do us both a favour

Nah, you're alright. I'm enjoying myself.

Where do we draw the line then, if rugby threads are OK?

Tiddlywinks threads?

Snooker threads?

I don't know, Mr Tit - I'm not a mod, I don't make the rules

If there were threads about tiddlywinks or snooker, I'd realise they were of no relevance or interest to me and I'd ignore, rather than coming across as a whiny little ****

At least the rugby has a loose connection with the football, as we are both part of Bristol Sport and it could be argued that success for one affects, to whatever degree, the fortunes of the other.

Tiddlywinks, cricket and the majority of other sports have nothing at all to do with City.

I'm not a rugby fan, much prefer cricket myself, but it really is easy enough to ignore if you have no interest at all.

You are allowed to like more than 1 sport people. I couldn't imagine comparing every sport to football as a way of deciding whether you will like it or not. Football will always be number 1 for me but cricket is also very close to my heart. Very different atmospheres and both are played at a different pace but you cant beat sitting in the sun with a chilled alcoholic beverage appreciating some cricket.

Having played and followed both sports for many years I can understand the debate on here. To the un informed the game of rugby is stop start long delays and polite sportsmanship. But for atmosphere? Try Twickenham when the Aussies are in town, I went last year and the spine tingle as swing low was sung was fantastic. I suppose it depends on what your looking for in you entertainment. At football we are almost tribal in our support for our beloved city we defend the honour of the shirt of our club and our players, and the songs from the terraces portray this. At rugby matches it is a more social affair with fans mixing drinking together having friendly banter without the animal instinct to defend the club we find at football. Personally I love my football I love the excitement and anticipation of a match day, I love the banter the comedy songs about the opposition the pride of wearing the shirt, but when the chance comes and I get tickets to a big rugby match I enjoy a top day out without the nervous excitement I get a t football. 2 different games 2 different sets of supporters so is suppose its a case of each to their own unless like me your lucky enough to love them both!

Bristol Rugby Club are perennial bottlers. When the love in with the team that shares our ground is over, you won't see a thread on here about the egg chasers for toffee as by then even the rugby diehards will have to admit that BRC flatter to deceive and when it comes to important matches they ALWAYS go AWOL.

I honestly fancy City's chances of reaching the football prem far more than BRC's chances of ever reaching the rugby prem even though it is far, far easier to reach the summit in rugby.

Bristol Rugby Club are perennial bottlers. When the love in with the team that shares our ground is over, you won't see a thread on here about the egg chasers for toffee as by then even the rugby diehards will have to admit that BRC flatter to deceive and when it comes to important matches they ALWAYS go AWOL.

I honestly fancy City's chances of reaching the football prem far more than BRC's chances of ever reaching the rugby prem even though it is far, far easier to reach the summit in rugby.

Ever?? They've only got to win next Wednesday and they've done it.

I love your optimism. Unfortunately, next Wednesdays match is one of those must win games they are renowned for going AWOL from. 

They do seem to have a history of blowing it at the final hurdle, bit like us in that respect.

But the fact remains, they are one good result away from the top flight.

Archived