IGNORED

Where Do You Think We'll Finish?

Pearcy

why not, brentford got to the play-offs with a squad I consider worse then the one we currently have,

its about momentum and we have that,

also togetherness and team spirit, I'd wager you wouldn't find a team who's togtherness and spirit is better then ours is,

Is also about the players, at this point in the year we COULD lose any of our first team squad, the manger etc.

Of course it's unlikely that we will start next season with a new manger and a few signings, if we lose a few then we won't have momentum, it'll be about the players, manga get and how we react, conjecture at this point.

I get what your saying though, it's a VERY important factor, not the only one though.

Is also about the players, at this point in the year we COULD lose any of our first team squad, the manger etc.

Of course it's unlikely that we will start next season with a new manger and a few signings, if we lose a few then we won't have momentum, it'll be about the players, manga get and how we react, conjecture at this point.

I get what your saying though, it's a VERY important factor, not the only one though.

but we have a management team in Burt Pembo and Cotts who has made 1 bad signing out of all the signings they have made,

I trust them fully, if we were to lose 6 as you suggest we would get good money for those who are in contract, the soft touch days of the past have gone,

We got through to the play-off final with an avarage squad, this time around we have a very good squad I expect us to do very well regardless of who we may or may not lose,

this is a club on the up not the easy pay day club of the past

So as I said at first; this is irrelevant as we still have a whole transfer window until we start playing, we could sign 6 or lose 6, until the season starts we really can't give an informed opinion on where we or any other club will finish, it's a lottery.

And I agreed that it is guessing on who we may sign, and same as other clubs.

Still give's us something to talk about it the summer. Keeps us entertained aye!

but we have a management team in Burt Pembo and Cotts who has made 1 bad signing out of all the signings they have made,

I trust them fully, if we were to lose 6 as you suggest we would get good money for those who are in contract, the soft touch days of the past have gone,

We got through to the play-off final with an avarage squad, this time around we have a very good squad I expect us to do very well regardless of who we may or may not lose,

this is a club on the up not the easy pay day club of the past

Our star s definitely rising.

This is the first time I'm ever believed that.

I trust what KB & SC are doing here, BT is also doing a fantastic job & with SL making things happen, the stadium actually moving along we really are in a good position. You Reds.

totally agree. Are people saying we will get into the top 6 with our current squad?

Not so far as I can see, no. But many think we could and a few think we might.

There are no teams to fear in the division. We outplayed (but lost to, admittedly) West Ham in the cup, and they're comfortably better than Hull, Burnley and QPR. We only lost one game out of 4 against the other sides that are coming up with us. We also know from prior experience just how poor the bottom end of the division can be. City had to become pretty abject before they were finally relegated.

If City start well and get a win or two behind them early on then anything is possible. Conversely, if they get off to a poor start and confidence drains away then they could struggle and anything is possible in the other direction.

Most pundits and bookies seem to think City will do reasonably well, though, so an upper-mid-table finish seems a realistic expectation.

Not so far as I can see, no. But many think we could and a few think we might.

There are no teams to fear in the division. We outplayed (but lost to, admittedly) West Ham in the cup, and they're comfortably better than Hull, Burnley and QPR. We only lost one game out of 4 against the other sides that are coming up with us. We also know from prior experience just how poor the bottom end of the division can be. City had to become pretty abject before they were finally relegated.

If City start well and get a win or two behind them early on then anything is possible. Conversely, if they get off to a poor start and confidence drains away then they could struggle and anything is possible in the other direction.

Most pundits and bookies seem to think City will do reasonably well, though, so an upper-mid-table finish seems a realistic expectation.

Currently we don't have enough firepower to get anywhere near the top 6.

Currently we don't have enough firepower to get anywhere near the top 6.

1. Where did you get top 6 from? It's not mentioned at all in my post.

2. It seems reasonable to assume that all clubs will do some amount of recruitment over the summer, including City. Complete turn-arounds in form such as City and Wycombe last season do happen but by and large it's safe to use last season's performance as a rough guide to next.

3. Last time we finished in the top 6 of the Championship we had a strike force of Trundle, Byfield and Showunmi and finished with a goal difference of +1. Firepower isn't everything.

2. It seems reasonable to assume that all clubs will do some amount of recruitment over the summer, including City. Complete turn-arounds in form such as City and Wycombe last season do happen but by and large it's safe to use last season's performance as a rough guide to next.

3. Last time we finished in the top 6 of the Championship we had a strike force of Trundle, Byfield and Showunmi and finished with a goal difference of +1. Firepower isn't everything.

sorry that was aimed at everyone who has said we will finish in the top 6.

Adebola was an excellent signing in Jan for us.

Adebola was an excellent signing in Jan for us.

I agree, but we were already challenging for first place when he was signed. He has no bearing on this highly conjectural, debate.

You're quite right in stating that nobody should expect a top 6 finish. I don't think fans of any team in the league can expect a top 6 finish at this stage. That doesn't make it impossible, though, and the opinions given so far by pundits and bookies suggests it's not completely improbable either.

Depends on who we sign. If it's true that we are after 5 players and they are the right ones then I think top 10 but otherwise lower half but we'll survive. We need a bigger squad.

By the way just a little question unrelated to this article but does anyone know when the season tickets are being sent out? Is it after the fixture lists in June?

That would be silly.

Current squad = 2nd

Few additions = Champions

Momentum and confidence will take you a long way.

At the start of this past season SC allegedly asked the squad where they expected to be come May. Champions they said.

I don't image it will be any different next season.

There is quality about this squad. A great team spirit. Great attitude - as good as any I have seen in 50 years. Providing they get off to a reasonable start and learn quickly it could be another great year!

Back to back promotions is well on!!

I reckon we'll finish 14th, Preston will finish above us, MK Dons just surviving with Hull winning the league, Middlesbrough 2nd and Wolves winning play offs. Charlton, Rotherham and Huddersfield to go down.

I was going to choose Charlton over Brighton on mine but for some reason Brighton just remind me of us 2/3 years ago, just wont be going any higher than they were the season before.

Archived