IGNORED

Jet

Hydey

It's hard to look at all these clubs linked with him. All much higher profiles than ourselves, makes you question why we let him go. I'm starting to think it had nothing to do with not offering him a new deal, more couldn't offer him a new deal due to wanting to much/having his head turned.... If like the article says Vila, Bournemouth and Watford are all interested, then if I was JET I'd be going there! It's all well and good going to QPR in hope of promotion but you know as soon as they get to the prem they'll go back down, the 3 teams above have better chances of survival IMO. All the best to him as he's been one of my favourite ever city players, wish he could have stayed here as who ever is getting him, are getting one hell of a player.

It's hard to look at all these clubs linked with him. All much higher profiles than ourselves, makes you question why we let him go. I'm starting to think it had nothing to do with not offering him a new deal, more couldn't offer him a new deal due to wanting to much/having his head turned.... If like the article says Vila, Bournemouth and Watford are all interested, then if I was JET I'd be going there! It's all well and good going to QPR in hope of promotion but you know as soon as they get to the prem they'll go back down, the 3 teams above have better chances of survival IMO. All the best to him as he's been one of my favourite ever city players, wish he could have stayed here as who ever is getting him, are getting one hell of a player.

There's clearly more to it than meets the eye. Strikes me as an amicable break up where neither side are too bothered. He clearly wants first team football and if Cotts didn't give it to him in L1 then he's not going to get it in the Championship (with us).

Could be a wages thing, if SC thinks he can get 2 in for the same budget then you can't blame him. We have a small squad as it is.

There's clearly more to it than meets the eye. Strikes me as an amicable break up where neither side are too bothered. He clearly wants first team football and if Cotts didn't give it to him in L1 then he's not going to get it in the Championship (with us).

Could be a wages thing, if SC thinks he can get 2 in for the same budget then you can't blame him. We have a small squad as it is.

I suspect that it was JET that Cotts was referring to when he spoke about players wanting double their money for getting promoted when they were n't twice as good .

Even if the FFP rules are "relaxed ", according to Platini , i can't see Steve Lansdown throwing good money after bad .

I hope that we find a formula that works for us to have sustained progress .The plan that was successful for Cott's old club ,Burnley , should see us right .

Small squad ,high quality and good team spirit would be my preference over the QPR style of a collection of individuals ,overpaid mercenarys .

It's hard to look at all these clubs linked with him. All much higher profiles than ourselves, makes you question why we let him go. I'm starting to think it had nothing to do with not offering him a new deal, more couldn't offer him a new deal due to wanting to much/having his head turned.... If like the article says Vila, Bournemouth and Watford are all interested, then if I was JET I'd be going there! It's all well and good going to QPR in hope of promotion but you know as soon as they get to the prem they'll go back down, the 3 teams above have better chances of survival IMO. All the best to him as he's been one of my favourite ever city players, wish he could have stayed here as who ever is getting him, are getting one hell of a player.

we couldn't afford to keep him due to his wages, it wouldn't fit in with our wage structure imo,

it makes sense for him to go to QPR and I wouldn't be suprised if it was Cotts himself who told QPR to sign him

we couldn't afford to keep him due to his wages, it wouldn't fit in with our wage structure imo,

it makes sense for him to go to QPR and I wouldn't be suprised if it was Cotts himself who told QPR to sign him

Not sure Cotts would tell any club to sign him.

why?

he gave him a glowing report when he left and cotts send himself that he'd already been on the phone to an un-named chairman about him,

I expect Ramsay would of called him to ask about JET

He'll get a warm welcome on his return to AG. A top man and his rather eccentric personality is a nice contrast to the samey blandness of many professional sportsmen.

Let's hope he's having one of his off days though!

Just had a look on qprs forum, they seem to think the lure of a much bigger club is why he wouldn't sign for us and go to them. Deluded or what! I remember us and QPR going toe too toe for division 3 promotion. Good place for JET though, close to home and they pay silly wages.

Just had a look on qprs forum, they seem to think the lure of a much bigger club is why he wouldn't sign for us and go to them. Deluded or what! I remember us and QPR going toe too toe for division 3 promotion. Good place for JET though, close to home and they pay silly wages.

We didn't offer him anything to sign did we?

We didn't offer him anything to sign did we?

No. But he may have indicated he wouldn't sign anyway, who knows its all speculation. I just find it funny QPR have had two disastrous seasons in the prem and are all of a sudden so much bigger than us according to some of their fans

It's a really strange one. How is JET joining a team flirting with the Prem when he couldn't break into a L1 side?

not at all, if couldn't get into the side because he didn't really fit the formation, he wanted to play the role Freeman plays and couldn't dislodge him,

No. But he may have indicated he wouldn't sign anyway, who knows its all speculation. I just find it funny QPR have had two disastrous seasons in the prem and are all of a sudden so much bigger than us according to some of their fans

Anyone with parachute payments is going to be bigger than us. That ridiculous system creates a two-tier Championship.

Are you kidding?! They ARE bigger than us. They've just been relegated from the prem. The fact that it was a disaastourous season means nothing.

Just because we were competing with them a few years ago doesn't make us as big as them. We were competing with Swansea and Hull a few seasons ago, all of which are bigger clubs than us.

By bigger I mean can attract better quality players and pay them more, they are more recognised nationally than us. We all know that BCFC have great potential but we are not a big club, yet. Some people have such deluded views of our football club within the context of English football.

Are you kidding?! They ARE bigger than us. They've just been relegated from the prem. The fact that it was a disaastourous season means nothing.

Just because we were competing with them a few years ago doesn't make us as big as them. We were competing with Swansea and Hull a few seasons ago, all of which are bigger clubs than us.

By bigger I mean can attract better quality players and pay them more, they are more recognised nationally than us. We all know that BCFC have great potential but we are not a big club, yet. Some people have such deluded views of our football club within the context of English football.

Swansea and hull are not bigger clubs than us, on a par, better at the moment. But not bigger

Swansea and hull are not bigger clubs than us, on a par, better at the moment. But not bigger

no they aren't they are both alot bigger then us we are nowhere near par with them,

Both have been to cup finals recently, both have played in the prem,

Swansea are massive compared to us at the moment, while Hull are Bigger but not as big as swansea,

Put it to a player perspective where would you go if you had an option between the 3?

Would you sign for prem Swansea who will be pushing for Europe next season

Recently relegated Hull who are expected to challenge for promotion

or Bristol City who just got promoted from league one and not much expection from anyone outside of Bristol,

We'd come 3rd every time unless we did what we did last time and thats offer stupid wages to avarage players

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.

For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

To call us 'bigger' than either of them is pretty remarkable: the sort of thing I would expect from the blue few.

If you measure big by unfulfilled or unrealised potential I can see the argument, but I'd see those as demonstrators of failures and failings rather than 'big'. If you measure big nationally, whilst the reputation of our City may be vast, in footballing terms we have had nothing like the exposure that these two have. If you measure big internationally we are not even close to these clubs in terms of exposure.

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.

For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

I gave you a like, because I agree with what you have said, but I find it strange that (as far as I am aware) very few on here ever refer to Keith Fear as a 'talented/flair' player. 

Too many ciders?

Edit - they used to be on a par with us but have moved forward and are now bigger and more established. We have more potential than them potentially, I'd argue, but we haven't moved forward like them.

Archived