IGNORED

Jet

Hydey

Lets be frank and honest about this.  If JET signs for QPR and does really well without us getting a decent replacement then Cotterill has made his first big mistake.

not really,

he was a bit part player in our promotion season a season where he only started when Agard and Wilbraham was injured,

he mostly made cameo apperances in the last 5 minutes of games,

Yes a very talented player and a good servent to us but we've let go of bigger players in the past and done well

JeT's record before city was poor and he hasn't done it at championship level he may turn into another Maynard and go on to be a bench warmer, he may well have an increadble career at QPR a club we have not hope of matching wages with unless we get promoted,

First mistake? nah no where near there are two people in every devorce whats to say cotts wanted to keep him but he wanted to leave?

Lets be frank and honest about this.  If JET signs for QPR and does really well without us getting a decent replacement then Cotterill has made his first big mistake.

Why? Do you know JET would of signed had he been offered a contract? He is one of those players that won't spend more than a few season at any club.

not really,

he was a bit part player in our promotion season a season where he only started when Agard and Wilbraham was injured,

he mostly made cameo apperances in the last 5 minutes of games,

Yes a very talented player and a good servent to us but we've let go of bigger players in the past and done well

JeT's record before city was poor and he hasn't done it at championship level he may turn into another Maynard and go on to be a bench warmer, he may well have an increadble career at QPR a club we have not hope of matching wages with unless we get promoted,

First mistake? nah no where near there are two people in every devorce whats to say cotts wanted to keep him but he wanted to leave?

But if we get in someone better ??

I said if we don't get a replacement.

From what I heard Cotterill didn't want to keep him but granted that is not a fact!

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

I gave you a like, because I agree with what you have said, but I find it strange that (as far as I am aware) very few on here ever refer to Keith Fear as a 'talented/flair' player. 

YS said he's supported City for over 30 years, but that may well not include Keith Fear's time at the Gate.

Fear left City for Plymouth in Feb. '78 - over 37 years ago.

YS said he's supported City for over 30 years, but that may well not include Keith Fear's time at the Gate.

Fear left City for Plymouth in Feb. '78 - over 37 years ago.

You are joking!

37 years ago? No, you must be wrong as it was only about 10/20 years ago that he lobbed that goal against Leeds (prior to our win in the replay {F You, Shankly} and my trip to Elland Road (Thank You Beryl). 

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.

For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

The entertainment issue is an interesting one, of course it's an entertainment and we loved to be entertained by such players, I understand that but very few teams in the world can actually play one of these mercurial players week in week out and especially Bristol City FC and sadly the make up of these mercurial players leads them to believe that they should play every game and when you look at most of the times when Keith Fear, Jacki and JET where almost permanent fixtures in the side, results suffered, they were for us more valuable as impact subs 'most' of the time and those type of players won't accept bit parts for too long.

The entertainment issue is an interesting one, of course it's an entertainment and we loved to be entertained by such players, I understand that but very few teams in the world can actually play one of these mercurial players week in week out and especially Bristol City FC and sadly the make up of these mercurial players leads them to believe that they should play every game and when you look at most of the times when Keith Fear, Jacki and JET where almost permanent fixtures in the side, results suffered, they were for us more valuable as impact subs 'most' of the time and those type of players won't accept bit parts for too long.

thats a fair assisment,

I loved watching Jet don't get me wrong, but look at the condition he came back in when reported for pre-season training, he was at the very least 1 stone over wieght (looked more) and really didn't get match fit til december, that can't be forgotten ether,

I said if we don't get a replacement.

From what I heard Cotterill didn't want to keep him but granted that is not a fact!

He may have wanted to keep him but perhaps not at the wages and/ or conditions that JET wanted .

Few people know the truth but Mr Idle Speculation will have a big say in this .

Sad that a truly talented entertainer has left but life goes on .

Who knows ,one day we might even replace Bob Taylor .

Ahah, but what if we go onto better things without him AND he still does really well.

Is that a mistake on any measure?

Cotterill knows that despite JET's immense talent, he simply doesn't meet the 'minimum requirements'. Compared to the favoured starting XI, he doesn't have what Cotts seems to want, such as...

High work rate

Positional flexibility

Tracking back

Stamina

The 'will' to dig in

JET had his time here and has been excellent to say the least, but if managers want a structure, they require certain types players.

Ahah, but what if we go onto better things without him AND he still does really well.

Is that a mistake on any measure?

Cotterill knows that despite JET's immense talent, he simply doesn't meet the 'minimum requirements'. Compared to the favoured starting XI, he doesn't have what Cotts seems to want, such as...

High work rate

Positional flexibility

Tracking back

Stamina

The 'will' to dig in

JET had his time here and has been excellent to say the least, but if managers want a structure, they require certain types players.

Agree.  If we have a good season he will be a distant memory even if he is banging them in at QPR.

I don't really have an opinion on whether he is actually good enough or not. Only time will tell on that!

To call us 'bigger' than either of them is pretty remarkable: the sort of thing I would expect from the blue few.

If you measure big by unfulfilled or unrealised potential I can see the argument, but I'd see those as demonstrators of failures and failings rather than 'big'. If you measure big nationally, whilst the reputation of our City may be vast, in footballing terms we have had nothing like the exposure that these two have. If you measure big internationally we are not even close to these clubs in terms of exposure.

Disagree in some way, I would not concede either bigger the us, just because they have been in a higher league recent past does not make them bigger

When you factor in potential in the future then we are ahead of both.

No. QPR may be happy to sign a luxury player as an impact sub - Cotterill didn't want that. He'll never be regularly at the heart of a starting lineup in the Championship unless his physiology some how changes. Talented, but not a core asset.

JET is an enigma with huge talent who will always find a club. I think it is quite telling that he seems happy to sign 2 year contracts and then move on for nothing at the end of them - banking good signing on fees every 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a mercenary at this point because he did genuinely seem to enjoy himself here but I can see him moving towards that type of reputation if he does the same thing with his next club. Ultimately Cotterill thinks he can get better value for wages than JET elsewhere & personally I think he will be proven right in the long term.

JET is an enigma with huge talent who will always find a club. I think it is quite telling that he seems happy to sign 2 year contracts and then move on for nothing at the end of them - banking good signing on fees every 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a mercenary at this point because he did genuinely seem to enjoy himself here but I can see him moving towards that type of reputation if he does the same thing with his next club. Ultimately Cotterill thinks he can get better value for wages than JET elsewhere & personally I think he will be proven right in the long term.

I hope you are right with that last sentence. Personally I think SC will get better value as he has his own ideas as to the way

the game should be played and JET really doesn't fit in to that. Big shame but we have to get over it and move on because

as you say and I agree he will prob be proven right in the long term.

Maybe, but Cotterill didn't say things like he was desperate for him to stay or anything like that ...

We didn't offer him a contract, I'm confident it was the clubs decision to let him go.

But if you knew he was going to turn it down anyway because he wants too much money, far more than the club will pay then why would you offer a contract?

Not saying that is fact but it might explain why.

Archived