IGNORED

Jet

Hydey

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.

For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

Spot on.

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.

For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

Yes he is a very good player, but he will never play for Arsenal again.

I know, Es.

I went up on a supporters club coach and was simply trying to make the observation that, without thinking about in detail, I had not realised it was so long ago. 41 years! 

His best goal was against WBA at the Gate. Took a gapper down for that and even he said it was the best goal he'd EVER seen !

Said before, I am extremely both nervous and excited about JET leaving. Nervous because I expect him to play and score against us in the Championship next season but excited that we must surely have some very good transfer targets.....

Agree with you YS, Jacki, JET and indeed Jantzen Derrick were all fabulous entertainers but the 'most talented footballer' to play for City in recent history was Gerry Gow.

Agree with you YS, Jacki, JET and indeed Jantzen Derrick were all fabulous entertainers but the 'most talented footballer' to play for City in recent history was Gerry Gow.

All good players...but surely Andy Cole, Joe Jordan and Jacki were more 'talented' going by their International and domestic records?

To be fair to Gerry Gow at this moment in time Scotland had a wealth of midfield talent to call on, but he had everything, passing, tackling, scoring, committed and an engine.

Archie Gemmill, John Wark, Jim Bett, Asa Hartford, Graham Souness, Bruce Rioch, Roy Aitken and even Gordon Strachan to name but a few were around during various parts of Gerry Gow's career and i'm sure their are a few more.

And he had Johnny Quigley to teach him everything he needed to know.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm?

Sorry, but just a quick edit to say that I have only now established that Johnny Quigley died several years ago.

I hope my comments on an earlier thread were not too disparaging - that was certainly not my intention.

if he makes it as a premier league regular I'd be amazed it's one thing to look good against Swindon, Crawley and Stevenage it's a completely different matter than doing it up against Everton, west brom and Stoke let alone the big boys in the prem!

Archived