IGNORED

What Striker?

SC will use the loan market that is a given. It keeps costs lower provided you can find the right players.

There is going to be money which could be increased if AA and YB get moved.

I'm not sure about which good young strikers may be available, but I would definitely be thinking about Matt Smith and don't forget Wes Burns, the boy has a big season ahead much like Joe Bryan did last season. Pre-season is going to be massive for that lad.

Freeman Flint Bryan Smith among others have attracted attention and if the fee is big enough ala Baldock who knows what might happen, although in a perfect world this team will be kept together.

By August we will have an idea and the bookies already have us as one of the favourites. But don't rule out Wilbo leading the attack come August as did Baldock last season, so business may not be done until the right guy is available ala Agard...And you never know who you might meet in a hotel lobby...Right? 

Outside of England I've done a bit of research and quite like the following players. Obviously we should never sign anyone on stats and youtube (my method) but perhaps a glance at these guys may not go amiss. Some may be a bit expensive or not interested but don't ask don't get.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moussa-konate/profil/spieler/192774

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vincent-janssen/profil/spieler/207015

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vincent-vermeij/profil/spieler/273054

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jerry-van-ewijk/profil/spieler/111197

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/henk-veerman/profil/spieler/271743

Should have nabbed Eoin Doyle before Cardiff did IMO - but interestingly he hasn't really set the world alight in a poor Cardiff side.

Same with Freddie Sears, although he's admittedly done pretty well since he's made the step up.

As otib118 suggested for me Matt Done looks absolute quality would be good back up if Freeman got injured playing in the hole instead of the wing like he normally does do Sheffield United. I would like Matt Smith and Jermaine Johnson who was at Oldham and Preston to be brought in, and one more striker not sure who.

I've always liked Nathan Delfounsoe.. I heard he's on a free now? I'm sure not everyone will agree with me now haha!

Definitely would not agree, he has looked awful every time I have seen him. Nichols should be a target, we are not just looking at next season, but longer term. Wait until he is "ready" and the bigger clubs will be in offering more cash.

I've always liked Nathan Delfounsoe.. I heard he's on a free now? I'm sure not everyone will agree with me now haha!

Not the type of player we need here saw him play a few times this season very mediocre at best has pace but no end product

Not the type of player we need here saw him play a few times this season very mediocre at best has pace but no end product

Its an interesting one. I'm sure you are right about what you saw, but Blackpool are pony so it is less than surprising that he did not look good.

However pace is at a premium and SC has the ability of bringing the best from players....and on a free....He would jump at the chance to come to us. I wouldn't rule it out..

Its an interesting one. I'm sure you are right about what you saw, but Blackpool are pony so it is less than surprising that he did not look good.

However pace is at a premium and SC has the ability of bringing the best from players....and on a free....He would jump at the chance to come to us. I wouldn't rule it out..

Agree about the pace and SC's ability to bring out the best.

I can see us bringing in three strikers this year.

How about a lineup of Wilbrahim, Agard, Nichols, Hooper and Delfouneso?

Experience in Wilbs and Hooper, pace in Agard and Delfouneso and youth in Nichols. Could easily rotate and pair any two of those five without a great drop off in quality.

Hooper would be expensive, Nichols is a saleable asset for the future, whilst Delfouneso would be cheap. Not too unrealistic targets.

Agree about the pace and SC's ability to bring out the best.

I can see us bringing in three strikers this year.

How about a lineup of Wilbrahim, Agard, Nichols, Hooper and Delfouneso?

Experience in Wilbs and Hooper, pace in Agard and Delfouneso and youth in Nichols. Could easily rotate and pair any two of those five without a great drop off in quality.

Hooper would be expensive, Nichols is a saleable asset for the future, whilst Delfouneso would be cheap. Not too unrealistic targets.

Actually, more I think about it, the more I think that we will pick up a player or two from teams promoted to the Prem.

They would bring knowledge of the division and recent experience of success at this level. I'd take a look at the promoted squads and look at some experienced players that are unlikely to compete at the Prem level.

Archived